When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW at MBK in Bangkok

polexpete

Hi guys,

i'm heading to Bangkok at the end of the month and would like to pick up a vintage MBW. I've been a few times to MBK mall but have never found these watches.

Can anyone help me locate the place i need to go. A shop address would be very useful...

Cheers

P.

I was there in february but they do not have the best 1680/5512/5513 in stock :huh:

If You find one be seure to have it open to see what movement that is in it!

You have to preorder one and hope that they could get one nice one fast B)

Best is perhaps to ask Nariika as he does the QC himself, and got his latest 1680 Polex MBK and LOVE it. It has a brand NEW SWISS eta 2836-2 in it that keep the time within 0,5 s/day :)

I was there in february but they do not have the best 1680/5512/5513 in stock :huh:

If You find one be seure to have it open to see what movement that is in it!

You have to preorder one and hope that they could get one nice one fast B)

Best is perhaps to ask Nariika as he does the QC himself, and got his latest 1680 Polex MBK and LOVE it. It has a brand NEW SWISS eta 2836-2 in it that keep the time within 0,5 s/day :)

ok lets see and i'll let you all know what i find. Did you see any 1655's ?

Cheers

P.

lol, I was at MBK years ago but never realized they sold good reps there. At that time I was swinging a gen omega smp and never knew reps could be that good!

I do remember a shop on the top floor with a lot of vintage rolexes and omega moonwatches. Gen or rep, i'll never know!

pay tickets to fly in China, in Bangkok, in Hong Kong....

To walk into a shopping mall ? buy a rep watch ? supposed to have the right Rolex specs ?

Buy a gen, its cheaper, you will avoid the terrorist risk and aicraft crash, and also to be screwed with Chinese...

Its always the same problem,

seriously,

anyone here is able to source 5, 10, 25, good Sub/SD/GMT cases ? or more ?

if anyone here has a source for 5512/13, 1675, 1680 case sets, no one only, no "may be" or "wait I think I have a source"

100 pieces to start :lol:

then, we could start a great adventure here, on this board, and make lot of people happy at reasonable prices

I dream......

enjoy Mr Piek,

my advice to you is too thoroughly inspect what you buy before you hand over any money to him, he does not care about the quality of product he sells and they often lack QC -severely, his indifference to this and unwillingness to fix or halt these problems before selling them to foreign walking atm machines has caused me to sever all business relationships with him (as it costs me money in parts i cant sell or use). his business skill and manners are inept and atrocious, he is almost quite literally a watch nazi, if you ask too many questions "NO WATCH FOR YOU!" , you can give him thousands of dollars a week in business and he still wont tolerate you. but if you must buy a watch from him expect to wait a week or two to actually get it, do ask to see the inside of the case to check the movement (often dry, often seagul), do inspect the case threading, his refusal to get new tooling or request new tooling has lead to several batches having less than perfectly machined threading, if you experience rough turning casebacks or ones that dont turn smoothly its problematic, it will cross thread, asymmetrically cut crown guards, beveling, even asymmetrical case sides, some crown tubes are way too low, and some cases have noticeably stepped cutting. if you want to know more send me a pm before you go, because its at a point where 7 out of 10 watches from this guy shouldnt be sold.

I got this one from Nah-Piek earlier this year (big thanks to Cubeistan) and I am quite happy with it ( InGod dial upgrade and some mods):

RLX5513CRGD1-2.jpg

RLX5513CRGD2-2.jpg

Also have a nice 1665 GWSD from him that I bought personally 2 years ago and it is still running like a charm.

The little guy in the store was very helpful (despite obvious communication problems) and even brought me personally to a watch store to install my gen T-39 crystal that I had with me.

• Like 1

Why not ask Nariika for a MBK/MBW sub?

I got one ( 1680 ) from him ( last nov that was PERFECT in EVERY way, genuine swiss eta with perfectly aligned dates, perfect CG:s case threads etc. etc.

He might be a litlle more expensive BUT he inspects the watches himself BEFORE buying them so You know what You get :)

I got one ( 1680 ) from him ( last nov that was PERFECT in EVERY way, genuine swiss eta with perfectly aligned dates, perfect CG:s case threads etc. etc.

He might be a litlle more expensive BUT he inspects the watches himself BEFORE buying them so You know what You get :)

Could you post a pic of your 1680 please, it sounds great

I'm heading to Bangkok to see some friends not to buy a watch. I just thought i'd check out the MBW source. Yeah i agree Narika is probably the best way to go ..

Cheers

P.

enjoy Mr Piek,

my advice to you is too thoroughly inspect what you buy before you hand over any money to him, he does not care about the quality of product he sells and they often lack QC -severely, his indifference to this and unwillingness to fix or halt these problems before selling them to foreign walking atm machines has caused me to sever all business relationships with him (as it costs me money in parts i cant sell or use). his business skill and manners are inept and atrocious, he is almost quite literally a watch nazi, if you ask too many questions "NO WATCH FOR YOU!" , you can give him thousands of dollars a week in business and he still wont tolerate you. but if you must buy a watch from him expect to wait a week or two to actually get it, do ask to see the inside of the case to check the movement (often dry, often seagul), do inspect the case threading, his refusal to get new tooling or request new tooling has lead to several batches having less than perfectly machined threading, if you experience rough turning casebacks or ones that dont turn smoothly its problematic, it will cross thread, asymmetrically cut crown guards, beveling, even asymmetrical case sides, some crown tubes are way too low, and some cases have noticeably stepped cutting. if you want to know more send me a pm before you go, because its at a point where 7 out of 10 watches from this guy shouldnt be sold.

Sounds like a nightmare to me ... i'm only in Bangkok for long weekend so no way i can wait a week

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Cheers

P.

Sounds like a nightmare to me ... i'm only in Bangkok for long weekend so no way i can wait a week

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Cheers

P.

highoeyazmuhudee knows his stuff :)

(all my MBW's but for one...came from him)

Have fun and safe travels, who knows... You may land on a cool watch!