When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Straps -

panerai

There's an interesting discussion at Paneristi about Elliot dealing with us.

The general consensus is that we are low life scum for wearing reps/fakes. While I can understand them being defensive about Panerai. The fact of matter is that in my opinion Panerai's are incredibly expensive for what you're getting and by the sheer number of replica's available they seem pretty easy to counterfeit.

Even though Panerai has been around for quite some time it really is the Richmont group who have created the Panerai phenomenon. Prior to that they basically made a small number of watches for the Italian navy. I dont think they were all that well known until Sylvester Stallone came across them in the Panerai boutique in Florence.

Personally, I love the simplicity and size of a Panerai but I'll be interested to see what the resale value of Panerai is in 10 years time.

NB.

Really isn't advisable to get involved in this discussion over there. These guys are passionate about Paneria and there is no need to infuriate them.... but it sure is fun to watch.

Edited by panerai

I'm over there about the same time I spend over here and it is hard to hear that I'm immoral or unethicial just because I have a few reps. However, I'm not sure this really is the consensus. My guess is that there really are a lot of serious paneristi that are pretty cool with reps but out of respect for the rules of the forum they keep this to themselves. Once you bring up the "r" word in person most don't seem to seriously object, at least that has been my experience.

It tickles the hell out of me that if someone owns a rep it follows that they are poverty stricken. :lol:

This is great stuff: " Besides, every three TC straps is one less replica they can buy! "

Perhaps we just have a darn good sense of value. :D Three-thousand-seven-hundred dollars plus tax and not so great customer service for a Unitas pocket watch movement, I'll pass. A Jaeger, I could understand.

My wife threw her hands up when she read the thread. :cc_confused:

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Well something is happening over at tc.. I was browsing for straps last nite and clicking on one of the many

tc links under different names, I got a strange signpost blocking my browser.. saying something like..

"We have detected your ip coming to our site more than five times in 24 hours so under our adverstising

scam alert we are not allowing you access, please bookmark our site for later."

Which I did not do.. as a matter of fact, I simply made my order elsewhere. :huh:

they r the stupidist people i know about watches, they know crap about there own watch , and they definitely dont know much about us, many people here r doctors , lawyers, businessmen and ladies, and they think we cant afford genuine, lmao we choose to not blow our money anymore on a watch u can get almost as good quality and after a few tweaks almost perfect watch , lmao what joke they r

that is probably the whole truth cracker, for sure, when i was butchered over there that was my final words to him , that i would bet more people with reps buys more straps than a guy with a genuine panerai

that is probably the whole truth cracker, for sure, when i was butchered over there that was my final words to him , that i would bet more people with reps buys more straps than a guy with a genuine panerai

Oh the irony :lol:

There was a witch hunt thread over on either VP or P or maybe even both trying to out strap dealers selling to rep owners.... Now it's coming to their illustrious leader.

Just goes to show you that kharma does catch up.

I received one of his infamous letters, I replied and laughed it off...

Personally, I have no ill will towards Elliot, some of his products are great (albeit some not IMO), and I'll buy what I like from him.

As soon as he offers discounts on gen watches, I'm there!

There are plenty of strap dealers out there who have excellent products and service, most of my straps are from Drew, just got a few from Christian.

That guy (Kevin aka Prof. Bain) who said that for every three straps we buy is just one rep we can't is the biggest clown over there... what a poodle turd he is! On your tricycle poodle boy! :yu:

Christ, I just read both those Forums on it. Get a Flocking life. I would`nt waste my time worring over [censored] like that! I could go on about it, but then I would be too... Like them.

I have a good life, and have learned to spend my money wisely. Thats why I`m here with you fellas.

I think it’s important to remember that the “witch hunt” (that phrase also came to my mind) stems from just a few vocal people on VP and P. I still think there is way more overlap between these forums than actual differences and it comes down to an obsession with watches as the common factor for 95% of us. Only a small percent gets bent out of shape over the rep vs. gen difference.

First off, there is an easy fix for this, guys: order straps off dealers' websites using your real name and a valid credit card and I guarantee there will be no attempt to verify your watch's authenticity.

I'm pretty bored w/ the whole paneristoid schtick except to say, imagine for a minute that it is slowly dawning on you that you have been victimized by a grade B+ marketing operation, duped into paying 5 grand for a $500 watch, a watch so basic in it's design and manufacture that it can be copied by Chinese ladies in surgeons' hats accurately enough that 99.9% of the people who see it won't be able to tell if its real or fake. Not to mention the fact that said duplication so easy enough that a 99% copy powered by the same base movement (which is also being copied to a high degree of accuracy, which is not a huge deal because it was designed in the decades follwing the Civil War) can be sold for a couple hundred bucks. Probably, given that set o' facts, we all would be a little shrill when the non-duped display their watches and--Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!--they look just like the one we raided the Ameritrade account for.

Re: the "rep owners are all migrant farm workers" bit: The mark's last line of defense is money: "Hey, I can afford to be a chump!"

It's no skin off of our asses to let them have their tiny little undesereved superiority complexes in the peace of cyberspace--Christ, it's not like we have to actually hang out to these people-- so why don't we just let them be?

Edited to fix post-cocktail(s) speclling, grammar, and punctuation.

Edited by archibald

first off, there is an easy fix for this, guys: order straps off the dealers' website, using your real name and a valid credit card and I guarantee there will be no attempt to verify your watch's authenticity.

i'm pretty board w/ the whole paneristoid schtick except to say, imagine for a minute that it is slowly dawning on you that you have been victimized by a pretty sophisticated marketing organization into paying 5 grand for a $500 watch, a watch so basic in it's design and manufacture that it can be copied in china accurately closely that 99.9% of the people who see it won't be able to tell if its real or fake, and easily enough that it can be sold for a couple hundred bucks. I think, given that state of affairs we all would be a little shrill when the non-duped display their watches.

tThe last line of defense is money: "Hey, I can afford to be a chump!"

It's no skin off of our asses to let them have their tiny little undesereved superiority complexes in peace, so why don't we just let them be?

Agree with you.

I'm sure some people bought a Panerai to have an expensive watch!

And of course *many* rep buyers want it to have a nice watch as well as something that looks expensive, or is perceived to be expensive.

I find the rants truly entertaining. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I learned in fairly short order from RWG is that buying a SS watch with a close to off-the-shelf movement is silly. Save your money for that solid gold or original movement watch which no one can replicate. :)

Out of curiousity, I once did some simple calculations of what I suspect my friends here have spent on reps. You know what guys - we all could have bought anywhere from 1-3 gen panerai's this year. :Jumpy: And on the straps, we tend to buy alot. On Elliott, I have no sympathy. He has done this to himself. :)

Out of curiousity, I once did some simple calculations of what I suspect my friends here have spent on reps. You know what guys - we all could have bought anywhere from 1-3 gen panerai's this year. :Jumpy: And on the straps, we tend to buy alot. On Elliott, I have no sympathy. He has done this to himself. :)

I don't want to know!! :wounded1:

Yes Elliot is posting over at TRC. He even has his own dealer section TC Straps. What elliot did was make an error in who actually buys alot of straps. He has corrected that error but has [censored] off some watch snob's in the process.

Edited by Cracker

Guest Elazarus
It tickles the hell out of me that if someone owns a rep it follows that they are poverty stricken. :lol:

This is great stuff: " Besides, every three TC straps is one less replica they can buy! "

Perhaps we just have a darn good sense of value. :D Three-thousand-seven-hundred dollars plus tax and not so great customer service for a Unitas pocket watch movement, I'll pass. A Jaeger, I could understand.

My wife threw her hands up when she read the thread. :cc_confused:

Jet

Mr. Tracy,

Google adwords has a built in fraud alert when someone clicks more than 3 times in a few minutes...it puts up a red screen letting you know that this is a Cost per click and each time you click it costs money....so they prevent you from muliple clicks.

You said you took your business elsewhere which is great, but at least you know that you had to click on the ad at least 3 times to get the rted box.....which you said you did not do.....I can give you your IP address if you do not believe me.

Elliot

could someone shed some light on *what elliot did*?

From what I understand, he put down rep collectors and did not want to sell straps to any rep collector. He laso said he would forward any details (names/addresses) to Richemont or the police.

It seems like he's changed his mind now, or is trying to collect more names and addresses to pass on, while making some money perhaps?

And I assume Elazarus is Elliot ? :yawn: