When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Straps -

panerai

It's also such hypocrisy to build a hommage watch (as someone over there is doing without any screams and shouts from the others) - which is essentially the same thing as our reps - a fake!!!

Agreed, but their argument would be that there is no Panerai name on the watch, and it does not fund "terrorism, organised crime" etc.

From what I understand, he put down rep collectors and did not want to sell straps to any rep collector. He laso said he would forward any details (names/addresses) to Richemont or the police.

And I assume Elazarus is Elliot ? :yawn:

that is not correct, get your facts straight. he has done none of the things that you have mentioned.

yes that is him.

that is not correct, get your facts straight. he has done none of the things that you have mentioned.

Ok, that is what I had gathered from reading previous posts... what *did* he do?

Out of curiousity, I once did some simple calculations of what I suspect my friends here have spent on reps. You know what guys - we all could have bought anywhere from 1-3 gen panerai's this year. :Jumpy: And on the straps, we tend to buy alot. On Elliott, I have no sympathy. He has done this to himself. :)

Because I am a sick, sick person in the last 14 months I have bought a genuine Master Hometime, a Tag Monaco, a DJR Chrono, and a TT DateJust for the missus. I have spent equal or more than that total amount in reps, OEM parts, and mods not to mention several Franklins over @ Eliot's place. The one thing I have not and would not do would be letting a Panerai AD swipe the ol' check card. The point of this is that the Paneristi can relax: Since, like kruzer00 I only buy watches worth more than 20% of their MSRP's, my rep purchases have not cost the Richemont group a dime in lost revenue. In fact, if some under-informed guy has seen one of my PAM reps and subsequently walked into an AD, I may have made them (and maybe even paneristi.com) a few bucks.

he threatened legal action againt people posting or selling replicas on his webforum. he sent legal notices to people who post on his site and rep forums stating this. his reasons for doing so are posted on trc.

many people who received the warning took it personaly.

Hmmm I can see why he wouldnt want reps on a site associated with genuines (see that thread listed at the start of this topic). Maybe he was a little heavy handed with the legal notices.

Guest Elazarus
No- you're not wrong.

Yes- we took it personally.

And now we see how hypocritical all this is.

Oh the power of the mighty$$$$.

Elliot- you have your own sites to promote your wares- I would prefer not to see such a hypocritic at my party.

offshore

OK Offshore...DEAL!! Tell me which site you own and I promise I will not go there....

Elliot

OK Offshore...DEAL!! Tell me which site you own and I promise I will not go there....

Elliot

Elliot, well, I'm a moderator here. So, should I start to treat our "guest" here as your mods do on VP and post IP addresses and edit their posts? <_< I would also like to add that this site is more Offshore's than your site. He has many friends here, where as you are still building your "customer" base.

@CJ, I didn't take offense to the fact that VP didn't want reps on their site. The e-mails and threats were because we were members of both VP and RWG. We weren't trying to sell any reps and there was also a person who tried to sell a genuine watch on VP and has their offer deleted. There was also another member who was trying to sell some of their straps who had their offer deleted. So, I'd say VP is overly aggressive toward our hobby and those who post here. IP bans and all....nice group. :thumbdown:

Elliot you can count me in as one of Offshores friends, in fact his list of friends include all the Mods and Admin of this board................seems to me your setting off on the wrong foot. <_<

Ken

It seems like people are jumping on Elliot here for stuff which has happened in the past. Since posting here he has been courteous and reasonable. I feel like everyone should be given the benefit of a doubt, and we enjoy any contributions to the forum and offers he would like to make to the site's members. A rep is a rep, and the past is the past.

-O

Yet again my agreement goes to Osteo...

This is all to me like a very vivid tempest in a teapot.. I have had many good transactions with Elliot.. and I can well understand that when your main source of income is threatened with legal action by Richmont group you might just do what their legal department requires.

So many have taken this as a 'personal' attack.. when it obviously was not... they are angry at the reality of business..

which is not that hard to understand either...

what is hard to understand 2 me is why they refuse to give up that anger

when it is obvious that Elliot is doing all he can to make amends for a

situation that he did not cause..

He has only done what he HAD to do to stay in business.. and I am absolutley certain that he is a very

good person to deal with, based on my personal experiences!!

Life is Good!

Klink

Edited by Klink

• 4 weeks later...