When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7031 /on the bay

red series 3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1970-VALJOUX-7734-MONTE-CARLO-ROLEX-TUDOR-CHRONOGRAPH-MENS-WATCH-/150828750607?_trksid=p4340.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D555000%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D10%26meid%3D9024873441244190967%26pid%3D100009%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5#ht_500wt_949

I had this come up suggested for me on Ebay and i looked at the item. Thought it was interesting the way the crown guards are finished.

Then when i saw the case markings 9421 i thought that something might be up.

Is this fake?

So then if even a noob like myself picks this as being fishy why hasn't it been pulled. When the honest daytona that represented itself for what it was is gone.

You know there was a franken datejust on ebay last week, it said that it was running ETA 2836 as the original movement had issues and was too expensive to repair. Went through sold and all

So then if even a noob like myself picks this as being fishy why hasn't it been pulled. When the honest daytona that represented itself for what it was is gone.

You know there was a franken datejust on ebay last week, it said that it was running ETA 2836 as the original movement had issues and was too expensive to repair. Went through sold and all

My theory:

The Rolex Forum guys ( not VRM ) have a section devoted to searching the bay. It's a full time job for some of them.

This is a Tudor and might be off those guys radar. Really, there's no rhyme or reason to it. I've seen it time and time again a rep gets sold.

My theory:

The Rolex Forum guys ( not VRM ) have a section devoted to searching the bay. It's a full time job for some of them.

This is a Tudor and might be off those guys radar. Really, there's no rhyme or reason to it. I've seen it time and time again a rep gets sold.

What really kills me is when I see guys on rep forums reporting listings that explicitly state "non-genuine parts" or "project watch". I can sort of understand the high-horsedness of the gen forums, but it's hard to take rep buyers acting as the eBay Inquisition.

I've contacted the member directly, and gone through most of the points raised plus a few others. By the looks of the other watches he has listed I'd doubt he even realises that its not Gen. Hope he hasn't paid a lot for it!

DH

Oh he knows ... at least if he had the watch services recently as stated someone would have pointed it out to him ....