When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Rarest Submariner?

Nanuq

ive already got the big bubble second hand for this one and the hour hand, the minute hand looks very similar to the minute hand on those new cartier pasha seatimers to me , just the little angle on each side is a bit higher up , i will look through my hand catalog book to see if they r attainable , if not i am for sure u can have them made up exactly like that , it just cost money to do stuff like that is all , lol

joe

This says Connery wore a Sub in the first 5 films--mind you I haven't seen one in ages, but I don't recall the product placement as obvious as it is in current releases. Was there a big to-do in plugging the advertisements for this piece (outside the film) back then?

http://reviews.ebay.com/The-Watches-of-Jam...CAT:-1:SEARCH:1

I just figured the 1937 date was a typo, and should have been 1957. These people don't proofread their stuff for [censored].

I agree with the minute hand being bogus and I have my doubts about the hour hand, but I've learned to quit calling these guys down on their 100% genuine bs, cause all they do is ban me from bidding on their stuff.

I've been banned at Astorlive because I questioned the date mag on a 1675 GMT. They wouldn't even address the question and just said 100% genuine. I think it was an aftermarket crystal, but they could have just said it was a bad picture..., no, 100% genuine on a 40 year old watch! I guess that's how they keep their 100% approval rating- ban the intelligentsia, no WIS allowed.

hek i have seen so many variations i was believing it could be some kind of left over type deal, lol i just figured if they had the balls to put it on the bay for that kind of money then maybe that hand was mysteriously installed by the rolex gods, lol but back when i researched these watches i never saw one with hands like that as well

joe

lol u did get me looking yesterday, lol

Since it's guaranteed 100% authentic, and assuming you were going to spend that (ungodly) amount of money on a watch, I guess a trip to the Rolex Service Center would be the next order of business to confirm that , yes indeed, your watch was 100% authentic. And since you just spent $23,000, what's another grand getting to the RSC and back?

Maybe someone else would like to ask Philwatch if this watch has been authenticated by an RSC. I don't want to be blackballed! These guys get so touchy.

Since it's guaranteed 100% authentic, and assuming you were going to spend that (ungodly) amount of money on a watch, I guess a trip to the Rolex Service Center would be the next order of business to confirm that , yes indeed, your watch was 100% authentic. And since you just spent $23,000, what's another grand getting to the RSC and back?

thats what i was thinking to, lol