When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Life in Alaska

Nanuq

12:15AM June 30th and it's still light enough to play outdoors. Anyone up for a mtn bike ride? It's not getting any darker out but the dogs down the mountain are barking at something big, with claws.

post-32-134104449631.jpg

• Like 2

it would be cool but Nanuq's wife wont let him go to bed.

She keeps saying "It's broad daylight out there, fix the bloody barn door, like you keep promising. Then trim the hedge, paint the fence, mow the law. And then I have a million jobs for you inside"

"And be quick about it too, I don't want you late for work tomorrow!"

Ken :D

it would be cool but Nanuq's wife wont let him go to bed.

She keeps saying "It's broad daylight out there, fix the bloody barn door, like you keep promising. Then trim the hedge, paint the fence, mow the law. And then I have a million jobs for you inside"

"And be quick about it too, I don't want you late for work tomorrow!"

Ken :D

Haaaaaaaaaaaa!! Have you been a fly on my wall! :tu:

I'm just waiting for noontime 12/21...Then we'll talk!!! :inverted: :inverted:

Here ya go, noon from the deck on winter solstice. The sun will be down pretty soon!

fog.jpg

• Like 1

Amazing, it looks like it's probably 15-20 miles away. my wife and I were in Denali NP for several days back in the early 90's when we made our Rover trip from Halifax NS to Anchorage AK. The weather was beautiful the whole time we were there. we took the school bus tour back to the Eielson Visitor Center, around 66 miles into the park, (Felt like 200 on that school bus!!) lucky for us McKinley was "out" and I got some great photos. It looked like the mountains were right there, but I asked one of the park rangers how far we were from Mt McKinley, and he said we were over 30 miles from the base. Incredible beauty. I would love to visit again, but I sure ain't driving a Land Rover Series IIa !! Denali should be on everyones bucket list.

Yeah it's hard to grasp how big that rock is. I'm sitting here looking at it right now, and it seems like it's "right there". The scale of Alaska is just off the charts... tough to wrap your head around it. Here's a photo my buddy took, still from a long way off. He had to be that far back to get the mountain in his viewfinder.

mt_mckinley_sm.jpg