When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Snowflake V2

woof*

A month ago my blue snowflake died so I sent it to the Tudor master Jmb to see what ailed it.

I just got it back this morning and I'm beside myself.....it just gets better and better. Really! :)

For several reasons I never bonded with this watch, it looked pretty good in pictures and I got many compliments on it..even offers to buy it.

Every time I wore it I would look down at my wrist to admire it and immediately cringe when I saw the dial was canted .5 mm to one side. It was not noticeable until you saw it...then it screamed at me.

The Yuki hands were too long also and a few members pm'd me about that too. I decided I would just wear it awhile until I figured out what I wanted to do with. The problem was self correcting, it died.

Jmb found a pile of rocks, sand, oil and grease and general sludge inside .... cleaned that out and got her running. :)

Then he asked me to try another set of hands and wanted to know if I wanted the dial realigned. The feet were clipped and the dial glued, while he was in there he got rid of the date detent too.

To me, it's a whole new watch with none of the nagging flaws to bother me.. I can just enjoy it for what it is. He matched the hand colors perfect too.

Anyway here it is after the repairs and corrections...thanks for reading this! Someday I will get better at pictures :)

MBW case

Eta movement-swiss

Gen crown/tube

Gen T19 crystal

Yuki dial, mystery hands-dial lumed by Pbad

Gen blue insert with Ofrei pearl

All work by Jmb

3995fc69.jpg

ab91124f.jpg

844f938c.jpg

2a0229e7.jpg

ccb9d058.jpg

Verrrrrrrrrrrry nice!

Although, I hate to say it. There's one more detail you've missed. It's a show stopper in my book too.

How do I break this to you? :cry2:

It's on the wrong wrist. It should be on MINE.

:tu:

• Like 1

Saying "back from the spa" sounds completely wrong in the context of J's workshop, so... Back from a camping trip? Looks fantastic, R!

It may not be pretty in there...but amazing watches come out of that place. :)

I have the same hands on my 'Flake, with the long-tail seconds. They've passed muster by Ubi himself :notworthy: and my watchmaker buddy down at the AD.

post-32-0-88208700-1341341739_thumb.jpg