When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT 1675 Jubilee Bracelet

preacher62

Well...I give up. Where do we get the 20mm end links for the jubilee bracelet that will accomodate 2mm springbars. I have checked O'frei, Cas-ker, Wm. S. McCaw, eBay WSO, WM, Clark. No one seems to be able to furnish an after market end piece like this. The ones that I have do not have enough meat to drill them out...I tried.

Help, Please.

M

What endlinks are you looking for? i would maybe try to find some genuine. possibly one of the lesser desirable numbers would work. not 585, 580 380, etc. but some of he others. Didn't some of the old Datejusts come on a Jubilee bracelet? I seem to remember having either a datejust or Airking on a Jubilee way, way back.

Are these the ones you are looking for http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649 WSO has plenty of these

Thanks for reply. The rings in these end links do not accommodate 2mm spring bars. I sent an email to WSO today and they said that they do not furnish jubilee end links that accommodate the "fat" spring bars. I may have to look for gen as panerai153 suggested.

All these guys are building 1675s with jubilee bracelets. They must have this problem solved.

Edited by preacher62

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Rafflestime is they way to go. And just bend up the hooks a little on the endlinks and then use the gen springars, like two members just said.

The rings in my end links were not open. They were a solid ring cut from tubing.

This is my solution and I like it...

1. I popped the small rings out of the end link and threw them away...very easy.

2. I cleaned the end link very thoroughly by soaking in denatured alcohol.

3. I roughed up the inside of the end link with 220 grit sandpaper.

4. I put some grease on the shank of my 2mm drill bit. Any grease will work, it is just a release agent.

5. I laid the shank of the 2mm bit down in the end link.

6. I carefully laid a bridge of J-B Weld over the shank, making sure that there was good contact with the steel of the end link.

7. I waited about 6-8 hours and then took some needle nosed pliers and turned the bit to break it loose and pulled it out.

8. Voila...2 perfect 2mm rings in the end link. Wait the full 24 hours before using.

The good news is, these end links will never jingle.

I like it.

The rings in my end links were not open. They were a solid ring cut from tubing.

This is my solution and I like it...

1. I popped the small rings out of the end link and threw them away...very easy.

2. I cleaned the end link very thoroughly by soaking in denatured alcohol.

3. I roughed up the inside of the end link with 220 grit sandpaper.

4. I put some grease on the shank of my 2mm drill bit. Any grease will work, it is just a release agent.

5. I laid the shank of the 2mm bit down in the end link.

6. I carefully laid a bridge of J-B Weld over the shank, making sure that there was good contact with the steel of the end link.

7. I waited about 6-8 hours and then took some needle nosed pliers and turned the bit to break it loose and pulled it out.

8. Voila...2 perfect 2mm rings in the end link. Wait the full 24 hours before using.

The good news is, these end links will never jingle.

I like it.

Well done Brother. !!