When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea dweller great white

claws413

The GWSD is the vintage piece. I suggest to email Narikea and ask for a MBW. It will be around 400 and it should have a gen Swiss movement. You can then when you have the extra cash send along to Pb for lug hole drilling, CG mod, new insert and pearl, and clarke crystal, and case softening. So you invest maybe 700 in total and you will really have something special.

I would sugest an mbw also you can do the mods slowly in time and spread the cost but you will end up with something worth the sum of its parts if not a bit more in the end

+1

I have invested in an MBW 1665 and have never regretted it.

Same here. It's the best option out there ATM and does take gen parts if one wish to spice it up a bit further.. Not to mention it passing 3atm with flying colours (well, mine does at least) - which even a rep diver should IMHO..

All great watches. The gwsd is the best of both worlds and always a classic. Good on any type of suit(wetsuit or dress) and looks great with a pair of jeans as well. Mbw is the way to go. Get the Asian 2836 and save money for something else. The a2836 is a great movement for the money. E

Eric, where were you surfing at?

Oh well you had better know that you will never get the lug holes right as they are just too low

I can live with that, but BTw there are

2 models on p.clones one is called alternative V and seems to have higher lug holes + 21600 mvmnt which is more accurate in a vintage watch...even if not spot on with the gen.

Sent.

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like i will be investing in an MBW in the near future. As a side note a friend of mine just gave me his rep sea dweller as he just picked up a gen one. Its the one listed on trustys site as classic sea dweller. It has a 2836 Asian mvmnt in it with "sapphire" crystal. Does anyone know if this will take gen parts or should i start a new topic for this?