When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dw

cc33

Hello, I have been speaking with David about him wanting to get back in the game. I don't know how most of you, the older members, feel but I'm kind of new but I've let it be known before that I feel like he was an invaluable source of all things Daytona and Tudor Monte Carlo.. I told him that he has to make good on all his past problems with some of you before the community would embrace him again or even think about embracing him again.. would it be a lot to ask who and what he owes so I can help him start to make reparations? You can pm me privately or tell me here. If this is inappropriate in any way pls tell me. Thanks.

I really was just trying to help.. I got an email from him asking me if I thought he could start selling stuff again, and I told him straight up, that he has to pay everyone back or get them the parts before that can really happen. I told him I would gather a list for him to start doing that. He said ok. He doesn't have that guy Steve helping him anymore so its back to broken English and I'm just doing the best I can. I like his products.. really that simple.

cc,

He needs to pay LHOOQ back... among others, before many of us will buy from him.

I'm sure he knows this. It wouldn't be that hard for him. I'm surprised he is taking a back door approach to get back in.

cc,

He needs to pay LHOOQ back... among others, before many of us will buy from him.

I'm sure he knows this. It wouldn't be that hard for him. I'm surprised he is taking a back door approach to get back in.

I'm sure many people agree, what we have seen in this thread seems insignificant when all the posts of botched orders damaged parts shipped and the rest of the history behind it

Edited by Red Series 3

There are people who are owed things, yes, that was what I was trying to help with I care about that which is why I've been pushing him to make it right. I didn't know exactly what happened because I wasn't around back. But I do know that he doesn't seem to have a clue as to who and what he owes. It might be that the guy helping him had that info or... I don't know, it just seemed like the right thing to do was try to help him find out those things and make them right. I'm not trying to alienate myself here, I genuinely care about our community. I have sent people here things for free, and want people to know that my intentions were good. I would like to think that if this happened with bk or tc, that someone would try to do the same. I've looked back at some of the dw related threads and it doesn't seem like he intentionally ripped anyone off, it looks like there was a steady decline in his ability to stay on top of things. Could have a lot to do with the guy helping him, I don't really know. Anyhow ill drop it, I tried. I have a list of one person so that won't do any real good. I hope he eventually does get it all sorted out.

"I kind of like his Sub case though. Anyone has any experience with it?"

Here is the scoop on his '1680' case providing it is the same as it was a year or so back:

The case is well made and the lettering between the lugs is Ok.

The case sides are rounded like a DJ, not flat like a submariner. They can be sanded flat or left as is but I doubt many 'non experts' will notice the rounded sides after the case is beat up a little.

Crown guards can use some shaping.

The rlx 1575 movement/dial is a very good fit in the DW case...it uses original type case screws to secure the movement and the stem lines up fine.

A genuinie spec case tube screws into the case (case is supplied with a non spec tube and crown).

An original type gasket between the case tube and case will not work because the case is not properly cut for it.

The bezel assembly is not genuine spec but the case neck will accept a genuine spec crystal. The DW crystal ring will not work with a genuine spec crystal.

The DW rotating bezel uses the hex spring retaining method...not 'snap on/fall off' like genuine.

You can install a genuine spec crystal and Clark 5513/1680 bezel kit to make it a lot closer to genuine.

The caseback gasket is not genuine spec and uses a smaller flat section gasket instead of a round section O ring. It will seal Ok in everyday use though.

Imho...

All in all the DW '1680' case is not a bad deal, even with a Clark bezel assembly added for a total of around $200 (+ genuine crown etc).

If someone took their time to detail one of these cases and add the Clark bezel kit, they would have a very nice case for not much $$. I had a Yuki case that was super fine but I have read of some being hit or miss so this may be a viable option.

I have one of the 'new' MBW/MBK '1680' watches (etaclone) and it seems to be close to a 5513 inside the case for fitting a 1520/70 no date movement and dial.

The 'new' MBW/MBK '1680' case looks like it would take quite a bit of work to accept a rlx 1575 movement/dial.

The DW case is not as close to genuine as the higher priced replacement cases on the outside...but it is very close on the inside if you want to use a 1575 rlx date movement/dial to make a 'budget' Frankenstein '1680'.

The main reason I would use the DW '1680' case is to make a 'budget 1680 Frankenstein' with a rlx 1575 movement/dial. If I wanted to make a nice '1680' with an eta, I would go for a MBW/MBK or the best cartel case I could find.