When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What else is there to do when the rep scene is so quiet, except....

burnz

to turn my attention to a new hobby!

so there i was, walking aimlessly through the mall with the missus as she went about her usual business. didn't wanna loiter around the lingerie store, and the only "man" store nearby was a camera shop. what the heck, better than standing there and pretending to be interested in the missus' choice of bras and lingerie (well, not in public at least). got talking with the friendly sales guy in the camera shop and he spotted my 187. asked if i take photos of my watch collection, to which i said only simple point-and-shoot stuff. anyway, to cut a long story short, he ended up letting me play around with a few of the cameras in the store, even showing me how to take photos of my watch with a nice bokeh effect (seriously, i never knew there was actually a term for what i call the "blurred background" look).

i didn't walk out of the store with a spanking new camera, but it got me thinking that it's about friggin time i learned a thing or two about photography and snap better pics than a certain Tanya ;) trolled the local forums and picked up a couple of used cams and lenses for cheap. went with the m4/3 format and see what i can do with an Oly EPL1 and a Panasonic GF3.

alright enough talk. welcome any feedback and comments on how i can further improve my photography skills. i don't know jack about aperture, shutter speed, iso blah blah settings yet, so all these are just shot in auto mode with a little post processing work done in PS.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg