When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my first 5514 prototype case. Done.

highoeyazmuhudee

This reminds me of 66coopers post (39 pages) on the new helenarou bond case evolution

Similar attention to detail..similar great result!

That was nice, but the end result was an homage. This one will be gen-spec. Fingers crossed. :)

I think we all need to calm down and carry on for the time being as these are the sample pieces if i read correctly. The worst thing we could do is Mob Highhoe and make him rush or take up all his time answering PMs, let him do it in the pace that he is doing it and when it is correct and he is ready to sell then we can all buy them.

+1

Like sharks to blood we franken builders are :)

+2 :)

@S: Whoa! What a SUPERB effort mate! Let's talk when these babies are available.. ;)

I'm sure when these are available there will be plenty to go around. Highoey isn't doing a limited edition run of these cases. Some folks may have to wait a little while for the exact case to be available, but from my conversation with him, they will all be ready when they pass his inspection. Like lots of others here, I'm really looking forward to the cases, the old MBW's are getting really scarce, and even those aren't perfect. I would love to build a really nice 1680 with the proper size dial, and the correct date wheel alignment. It doesn't matter how nice the dial is, how good the insert looks, and how well the CG's have been shaped, etc. That darn date wheel being off is a sure "tell". My first project though is to transplant the genuine guts of my DRSD into a better case. I'm waiting impatiently, just like all the rest of you fellow RWG'ers

Fantastic,I am for 2 case set 5513 case and 1 case set 1680.

Please let me know when you starting to make some,I am interested by 5512,5513,1680,16800,

• Like 1

hi guys i have returned.

i did some quality assurance today. i have a couple of notes to bring up with the manufacturer but really nothing that would halt production of this very prototype as it sits. i straightened one little issue out with a $6 tool that i had on hand anyways. the rest are further tweaks and easily accomplished.

did a dunk test today: stats:

1 x 5514 prototype case

all gaskets sealed

clarks t19 although the crystal on the case is really quite good i know a lot of you like to use clarks parts so i tested it with this

yuki tube

gen 703 crown

VS

1x 75 gallon fish tank

1x mean 12" s.o.b of a fish

5minutes

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703575@N05/sets/72157631444713460/

results: PASSED

ok the fish wasnt really interested, curious perhaps.

the rolled up piece of green paper remains dry and there is NO fogging even after rinsing off in cold water under the tap immeadiately after

i fitted a slow beat ETA 2846, crown hole aligns in tube; center

as a result you can have a slow beat eta and a high crown posistion, MBK can NOT

gen size dial fits 26mm

gen size insert fits

2mm bars fit

eta 2846 fits and aligns

clarks t19 fits, nice and tight

as shown with : yuki tube, gen crown, clarks t19, eta 2846, my feet first dial with feet for ETA

this case will serve as my 5513, 5512, hopefully a 5517 and a tudor sub (next)

i have also got my prototype 1680 , i have fit a gen size dial without any issues, the bezel assembly seems a bit loose over the crystal, i will test this out tomorrow with clarks parts as i find his are a much tighter fit, if im satisfied i will post pics and results of my prototype 1680

some of you have asked about gen movements i have NOT tested a gen movement as i do not have one on hand to try, so i can not comment, if someone would like to loan one out for the pursuit of innovation, pm me to arrange. :good:

one or two people have expressed interest in having this be a slim 1665 case. i can engrave what ever you'd like but the case being based on a 5513 the dial sizes are different to that of a 1665 by 0.5mm and i do not believe i can create a one off case with a 0.5mm difference to accomodate your dial.

i hope to start the ball rolling next week on getting this produced with minor changes i would like to see on the actual production models. i have a few things to sort out, but hopefully by next week we can formally get the good people of this good forum some great cases to work with. :good:

cheers

• Like 1