When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experience with Paypal dispute?

brianmds

I've never opened up a dispute with paypal before before so im looking for insight. Yesterday i received a replica from one of our trusted dealers (not going to disclose who yet) and it happened to have a broken movement. Kinda upsetting considering the guy said he would inspect it before shipping to make sure it was in working order but i cant change that. So depending on how the dealer handles the situation, if needed, i will be opening one up. So my question is what can i expect?

Like many trusted dealers he likely had one of his workers actually ship the watch

I feel for your inconvenience but paypal dispute in this hobby is not for being inconvenienced.

It is for being ripped off/scammed only!

If you do it you should be blacklisted by all dealers and banned from all forums, that is how serious it is!

That's a noob question - if you sticked to a trusted dealer, forget about the pp dispute. If not, try to sort it out anyway before you think about a dispute.

You are doing yourself a favour, and also to the community. Just a friendly advice if you are planning to stay on one of the forums...

Take the advice of older members here who have lots and lots of experience dealing with Paypal and dealers. I would say that unless this is the last rep you plan on buying, and don't want to be bothered with these forums, use up all your other avenues before getting Paypal involved. Nothing much good will come from it I promise you.

i think everyone didn't read my first post. I specifically said "IF NEEDED" i would. The guy was very helpful when purchasing the watch and i expect him to come through in a timely manner that is all. If i wanted to do wrong to the guy i would have posted his company and name.

I don't see why you even started this thread really?? If you've bought more than 6-8 reps then it's safe to say you'll get one DOA watch. It happens, and shipping very well could have caused it! Trust me about the damage during shipping, I've worked for USPS for years and slung my fair share of parcels across the workroom into their respective bins.... The shock from a parcel hitting a wall can and will unseat a balance. The same way dropping it from your wrist to the floor can.

I started the thread so i can know what to do IF NEEDED. The guy replied last night saying he would exchange it as long as it has no scratches and is in new condition but it came with scratches like any other replica out there. I just needed to know what to do if he denies my exchange or wants to charge me money when i recieved a dud.

'If Needed' means it is at the forefront of your mind, even before you have spoken to the dealer.

Quite simply every dealer on our board is here because they have shown over an extended period that they will address problems that arise from sales, what is killing the dealers...and I should add making prices rise...is the guys who simply use PP as a leverage to get what they want.

You come here to buy replica you should accept the standards of trade the rest of the community follows.

Yes there are always cases when an item is faulty or broken but every single dealer will address this.

No many will not pay return shipping but that is just one of the standards you need to accept, it is your job to research the dealer before you buy, not complain about what he will or will not do after the sale.

Ken

And btw this is the second rep i've ordered. The first one i got was from Trusty time no issues and it was pleasant. I used a different dealer for this one and the watch wasn't even for me. The purchasing from this dealer was also great just have to make sure this gets resolved and i don't mind doing business in the future with him. And please don't assume my character because i'm not someone trying to get a free watch.

'If Needed' means it is at the forefront of your mind, even before you have spoken to the dealer.

Quite simply every dealer on our board is here because they have shown over an extended period that they will address problems that arise from sales, what is killing the dealers...and I should add making prices rise...is the guys who simply use PP as a leverage to get what they want.

You come here to buy replica you should accept the standards of trade the rest of the community follows.

Yes there are always cases when an item is faulty or broken but every single dealer will address this.

No many will not pay return shipping but that is just one of the standards you need to accept, it is your job to research the dealer before you buy, not complain about what he will or will not do after the sale.

Ken

IF NEEDED means IF NEEDED. You can make your assumptions all you want. I did email the vendor prior to posting this thread. And i know when to expect replies from him which is at midnight eastern time for me. You don't have to come at me being rude just because someone filed a dispute with you recently and it was probably because of posts like these making the guy mad.

OP we are not judging you just giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know the severity of a PayPal dispute on a replica item from a trusted dealer

Your one dispute can cost that dealer thousands which hurts all of us, is that fair because you got a faulty watch

Just don't go down that road

The dealer will take care of you, you may have to incur some costs in the end but that is the nature of the beast

Edited by rogerthat

That's what i'm trying to get people to understand. I already contacted the dealer he replied no problem and offered a solution. But i replied and he hasn't yet so i'm waiting. but everyone seems like that i have a mindset that if he doesn't reply as soon as i email him that ill file a PP claim.

Related news PureTime changed his policies today to require an application and prior purchase requirement in order to be allowed to pay by PayPal

All I could think of when I saw that is what took a dealer so long!!!

OP

Treat this transaction the same as you would treat it if you sent the money western union

In what way was that post rude?

I am simply pointing out the damage that is caused when members decide to try and force issues by using PP.

Maybe you better go and read the post that Angus made a while ago pointing out exactly what dealers are up against.

Ken

To me it came across as rude. I don't like for anyone to make assumption about my character because if you met me in person you wouldn't think i'm a bad guy. IF NEEDED by my definition meant last resort. You didn't seem to understand that in your post. But i'm not here to argue with you. so i apologize if i offended you.

And every dealer and person who uses Paypal knows that we use Paypal for buyer protection. It give people a sense of security when purchasing an item. It gives dealers reputability and the buyers trust. That's why i feel safe to use it knowing that paypal has my back IF NEEDED. I don't hope to use paypal dispute for this problem as i'm confident the dealer will be helpful