When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kid in a candy store

praetor

While traveling through London, I happened to stop by Burlington Arcade in Mayfair. Let's just say it's vintage heaven. I hope I don't look weird staring at the watches for minutes and snapping tons of photos. But it gave me a chance to actually look at the real thing and finding out stuff I like/don't like in vintage watches.

Don't let the prices give you a heart attack.

New crystals on the explorer looks ugly oddly enough.

DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

funny thing is, I like the 5513 on the left and hated the one on the right. (weird i know)

DSC_0950.jpg

mmm Daytonas, love the superdome on the PN, but the new crystals look good on the non-PN. Also, from what I notice, no matter how close I try to look, there's no "ridges" visible on the subdial and it's matte compared to my shiny PN from DW

DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

vintage pateks (look so nice in a suit)

DSC_0944.jpg

cheers

Edited by praetor

At leasts most of the pics show slashed prices and reduction of 20%

You should have bought a few with such discounts lol

Honnestly the best alternatives is to purchase privately a used Rolex making sure it is genuine and THEN spend $500 or so, wait 3 months for a complete overhaul looking and running like new again!

Beautiful watches, but those prices,WOW!! They really seem high to me. considering the pound dollar exchange. That Explorer at 11,000+ pounds would be about 17,000 USD. That's a ton of money for and Explorer. Makes you wonder what their prices are for the Daytonas and the Red Sub!!