When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hurry Hurry visit the "THE Jag-in-the Box AUCTION"

Mike on a bike

Hurry before they are all gone the "PC MUT" tool is going fast & as every member should have ONE in there tool kit do not miss out. I venture you have used one of these and lost it over time so get a replacement now! The mod into the sort after "PC-MUT 2" is a difficult one so maybe pickup an extra.

Say, is that PC-MUT the 1.8mm or 2mm size? :g:

its 2mm, I am gonna buy one and send it for tapering mods so that it tapers to 1.82mm at the tip, then I'll polish up the entire thing and stick a superlumed PBDad pearl on the tip. :D

It then goes into the watch drawer until I decide just what the hell I am gonna do with it :partytime:

FYI, the PC MUT that I am selling is NOT the BK version. I considered these but found the quality substandard. These are the OD version (OD as in Office Depot). Some are convinced these are Chinese in origin, but I am not so sure as it's very hard to distinquish a GEN Swiss and REP Chinese MUTs. (I understand the difference between the two are not insignificant - i.e., it's not a MUT point - but the fact remains they may have identical labeling on the outside).

Legendkiller "Lets buy a PCMUT2 and mod it into a PCMUT2.5, with a polished tip" Really funny thing is around here that is what we would do with anything !

I think I prefer the brushed finish on the PCMUT2. Polished is too blingy for me.

And another thing, do they have the correct serial nos?

And another thing, do they have the correct serial nos?

Yes, they do (if that's soemthing you want), but the print is so fine I doubt you will EVER be able to read it... and... if you were hoping they DON'T have serial numbers, then no, they don't. :)

OK, wait. I just went back and looked at the pictures again. They look like NOS to me. Are you sure they're from OD? You're not trying to pass off gen PCMUT2s as reps are you?

And another another thing. These look like they can be possibly used as LHDDs as well (LHHDs = Lug Hole Detection Devices) Could this be true?

Guilty.

These are indeed NOS. I just wanted to offer these at the lowest possible price and thought saying they were REPS would make it more believable. Darn you're good!

I'm not sure about their use as LHD devices. I know this is a task people have been trying to solve for year and LHD is a hard thing to achieve. But, I've personally used these for FDE (Floppy Disc Ejection) back in the day, so I could see how they might just work.