When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scam Alert: Beware Vintage.israel, Yonatan.ezo, SimonETLV

tmg

Buyers and sellers beware!!! Do not trade with this person (I'm being kind...) He/she bought a Tropic 127 from me then proceeded to file a chargeback with PP and say it was an unauthorized transaction. Then says in PM to me that he received it, is happy with it and didn't file a chargeback. Of course communication has gone dark since 9/8 when I forwarded a copy of the PP dispute.

Admin has confirmed both member profiles are linked to the same individual and has now been banned.

I have nothing on this guy, other than the fact that I remember he tried to sell an "AP Royal Oak Chronograph" which did not have a chrono.

I guess such members will always exist, and its hard for the admin to filter out entirely the scammers from the genuine enthusiasts.

Its up to all of us to be vigilant..

OP, is your PP dispute case resolved? This guy is clearly nuts... :fool:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Robbi, it would be good if you would speak up and post about these things...

I warned a few members about him in pm's ;) was the best i could do at that time!

But he is still active here, he is NOT banned!

Not resolved yet but I provided shipping info and a photo of the goods next to the shipping label, we'll see what PP does!

I have nothing on this guy, other than the fact that I remember he tried to sell an "AP Royal Oak Chronograph" which did not have a chrono.

I guess such members will always exist, and its hard for the admin to filter out entirely the scammers from the genuine enthusiasts.

Its up to all of us to be vigilant..

OP, is your PP dispute case resolved? This guy is clearly nuts... :fool:

Correction, his trading rights have been removed and pending the outcome of this PP dispute will be banned. The other acct YE has already been banned.

I warned a few members about him in pm's ;) was the best i could do at that time!

But he is still active here, he is NOT banned!

Hey toomuchgear, check my thread Andy linked above. Does the address I have posted the same as the shipping address you were given? Was the email the same? Was your transaction with YE or VI? Are you fighting it with PP? Just curious may be we can help each other and others this has happened to. PP told me his PP account is now limited, so I don't think he can use his YE PP email to screw anyone else, for now anyway...

I was "in on" the 1665 thread.

I don't want to speak for Kukuruz - but I guess he didn't have enough "on" the guy to speak publically but just sensed a few things didn't add up.

His approach to trying to by cc33's watch seemed rushed and off-norm to me too - but some people are just different so you just hope that's all it is.

Looks like he may be different in a bad kind of way unfortunately.... hope you get the funds back OP - even if you do have toomuchgear.

Hey all,

This happened a few weeks ago but I wanted to let it all be resolved before I posted about it so apologies!

Worst buying experience of my life I actually tried to buy a gen 3135 from this member. He is from tel aviv Israel and im willing to bet, while is account is deleted he is still lurking around.

He started out by saying he had a gen 3135 so I asked where he got it and he said his watchmaker friend "Tali" had another one.

Was emailing both negotiated a price including registered insured mail etc. payed via Paypal done deal.

This guy tells me its sent so I keep asking him for the tracking number, he ignores my PM's on here my emails etc. Finally he replies telling me im rude and its been sent and he will send me the tracking number... nothing

So I file a paypal claim and get my money back.

I have since bought another 3135 which was actually sent!

I think he does go by the alias "vintage.israel" because his last activity date on his "yonatanezo" account is the same date his vintageisrael account was created.

His facebook page also says he has a masters... I dont believe that for a second

Hey all,

This happened a few weeks ago but I wanted to let it all be resolved before I posted about it so apologies!

Worst buying experience of my life I actually tried to buy a gen 3135 from this member. He is from tel aviv Israel and im willing to bet, while is account is deleted he is still lurking around.

He started out by saying he had a gen 3135 so I asked where he got it and he said his watchmaker friend "Tali" had another one.

Was emailing both negotiated a price including registered insured mail etc. payed via Paypal done deal.

This guy tells me its sent so I keep asking him for the tracking number, he ignores my PM's on here my emails etc. Finally he replies telling me im rude and its been sent and he will send me the tracking number... nothing

So I file a paypal claim and get my money back.

I have since bought another 3135 which was actually sent!

I think he does go by the alias "vintage.israel" because his last activity date on his "yonatanezo" account is the same date his vintageisrael account was created.

His facebook page also says he has a masters... I dont believe that for a second

I am sorry to hear that. I hope that you got your money back and all was good.

Regarding his masters, he did not say masters in which area.

perhaps its Master in Horological Scams and Integrity Erasure. :lol:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I saw some topics that he was active on. I could smell bad fish miles from his replays ect ect.. I just warned a few people in thouse topics to "watch your back" with this guy!

But is he still here??? Wasent he banned???

I am sorry to hear that. I hope that you got your money back and all was good.

Regarding his masters, he did not say masters in which area.

perhaps its Master in Horological Scams and Integrity Erasure. :lol:

Thanks! I got all the money back :) Luckily I paid the 3% fees via paypal and didnt send the money as a gift as he requested or it would be gone!! He needs to be exiled!

Thanks! I got all the money back :) Luckily I paid the 3% fees via paypal and didnt send the money as a gift as he requested or it would be gone!! He needs to be exiled!

I never send payment as a gift. I would rather pay the 3% so I have some sort of recourse. I am glad to hear you received your money back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I never send payment as a gift. I would rather pay the 3% so I have some sort of recourse. I am glad to hear you received your money back.

Phill i assume that this is noted info for the other board you visit?

• 2 weeks later...

Phill i assume that this is noted info for the other board you visit?

You're correct, it is against forum rules. The buyer has no recourse in the event of a dispute. I believe the top reason is it's against PayPal TOS.

• 2 months later...