When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yukiwatch has clone 3135

watcher

This movement as a sterile 3135 would go great in this sterile homage 6538 bond watch i think the case set is superb in its own write even though its not our usual thing on a replica watch forum! Just think no more customs and trademark worries! or the case could be modded to resemble the vintage 6538!

post-27094-0-27107100-1347547743_thumb.j

post-27094-0-06060000-1347547979_thumb.j

post-27094-0-54357400-1347548103_thumb.j

post-27094-0-79302300-1347548148_thumb.j

I think it is safe to say that, eventually, many of Rolex's calibers will be cloned. This will not only be a boon to franken builders, but, also, to gen owners who, because of Rolex's onerous & unaccommodating trade policies, have found it difficult (at best) to source replacement parts for their watches. Imagine being able to source new ebauches & parts for the 72B, 722, 630 or 1030gmt.

• Like 1

It would be nice to not have to screw with DW overlays, be able to use gen hands, etc. I could give a rats a$$ whether the "markings" would fool anybody as I don't go around showing off a watches innards to strangers or try to sell them as "real"... The last clone 3135 I inspected had stamped (as in ink or paint) markings anyway, I'd rather have a sterile one that could be properly engraved later... :whistling:

• Like 1

If the Yuki movement is the same as the A3135, then yes...it will fit gen and gen-spec date wheels

Im sure it will be Yukis parts are made to fit to his cases and dials and they are made to gen specs! he must have comissioned these movements i tried to buy clone movements from the rep seller but was told they are limited and not available as movement only you email to confirm it.

It would be nice to not have to screw with DW overlays, be able to use gen hands, etc. I could give a rats a$$ whether the "markings" would fool anybody as I don't go around showing off a watches innards to strangers or try to sell them as "real"... The last clone 3135 I inspected had stamped (as in ink or paint) markings anyway, I'd rather have a sterile one that could be properly engraved later... :whistling:

Exactly!

"Hmm, accuracy aside, could you use this 3135 clone in a vintage rep and use the gen spec dial and hands that yuki sells?"

The 3135 has been around since 1986 or so and is still being made today so it is not very well suited to a vintage project. Having a 28800 beat rate does not mix with vintage rolex watches either.

What it IS good for is to make 16610, SD, sapphire DJ etc and be able to use genuine or genuine spec cases, dials, date wheels, hands etc. This is a big deal imho.

Rather than putting an eta 2836 in a genuine or replica case with a date overlay and genuine rolex dial cemented on, you can buy a used 16200 etc case, dial, hands etc and have a super accurate DJ for not a lot of $$.

There are two potential problems with this movement though:

1...Reliability.

2...Parts.

We can only hope it is as good as the Seagull ST19.

What is needed is a few guinea pigs to buy 'em and try 'em. :animal_rooster:

That is correct, no screws are supplied.

First impressions are quite good. It is finished pretty well with a pair of cheap hands fitted. Date changes smoothly and the stem feels secure and works crisply in the date position and when setting the time. The hands do not jump when the crown is pushed back in. Crown rotates clockwise when advancing the time and date.

When I get home I will snap some pics and try fitting my gen lv dial and hands and date wheel!!