When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Product - The Everest Band almost a reality !

rsh

Hey everyone, I think BK started a thread a while back…..it is about this company that is fairly unique. The company is called Everest Horology Products. They are a brand new company, based here in the USA and their products will be made in the USA which is quite rare nowadays. I think the watch band is cool and the price is actually a deal at this time. I plan to pick one up for my TC sub. It looks like they are over ½ way there to this project coming to fruition…..if you were interested in this, now is the time to sign up fellas and gals….

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1681428315/the-rolex-rubber-watch-band-solution-the-everest-b

I just got one last week. While I like the style and look, it's not a very good fit with the older sub 16610 clasp. Here it is on my TC sub and the side that requires the link causes it to bunch up and not fit very well. I did also try it on a rep sub C newer style clasp and it fit much better because it didn't require the one link on this side (didn't take any pics yet). I think they are working to find a solution to this, but not sure if the current Kickstarter batch being sold will be any different than this one. I have about 7.5" wrist as reference, and I the micro adjustment in the clasp is all the way in.

4C865BB8-1435-41F4-AC37-C072B4BB8379-105-0000000333F3C398.jpg

DB4E81CB-D88D-4C4C-BF72-E8EB8C62F067-105-000000032F4D1493.jpg

41A6CDCA-909F-4C81-BB1D-A3EB27A1C4F9-105-000000032B6FA37E.jpg

F0DF3532-01ED-432B-88C0-7ECCC98BAE61-105-0000000327369FD5.jpg

The rep rubber B is nice. I wear one on my exp I. It does need a newer style clasp or it too bends like the op band.

I am part of their initial testing group of 5 people where I received this band (apparently a prototype), but received confirmation from them this morning that the solution for this bending by the link was implemented with the new production batch as part of Kickstarter program and will be shorter on that side to allow for a better fit. The owner stated he would overnight a new one to me once the Kickstarter production batch arrives shortly.

:)

How do you size one?

Apparently sizing by the micro adjustment on the clasp only since you don't cut the strap, so doesn't seem to have a wide range of fitment options unless they opt to make a few different length sizes at some point. Current batch being produced are all one size if I recall.

It acutually looks good, the rubber strap, however, it is not my taste for a Rolex. I do like the rubber on my Hublot.

• 1 year later...

Have to share my two cents about this company. I currently own a gen 2012 Deepsea Sea Dweller. I have purchased a strap from these guys when they were first starting on Kickstarter. When I initially funded them, They told me they only made them for Subs initially but were going to send me the one for DS once they had them (which was next). They sent me the wrong strap and color. I called back and never heard back for several weeks to a month (and I am not kidding). I then reached out to Michael and we spoke about watches, his company and to overall excuse what has occurred and that he agreed what I experienced was not acceptable. He then offered (as they were having some issues with the DS strap) that once he had them completed, that he would send me one and then I could decide if I wanted to pay for it or not. I thought that was a kind gesture, but he still has never sent me the piece. I sent him an email last week (or week prior) just to follow-up and I still have not heard anything. It's surprising that after I supported them since the beginning and communicated my concerns (in a very professional manner), that I still not have had ANY gesture of acknowledgement. 

Just be careful out there. I can only share my experience so you can shop safer.

"$195?  You can't be serious?  I understand that there is a large cost for R&D and the tooling to create these but $195?  Wow, they must have huge margins on these..."

+1

For $195 (or less) I have purchased from a wholesaler/liquidator in the recent past:

...four new Seiko 5 automatics

...or four Orient automatics  

...or two nos/ib Oniss swisseta 2836-2 powered president look-alikes

...or four nib Giorgio Milano chronographs with Miyota JS25 mvt

...or 39 new black diver style quartz 'Jelly' watches with PC21 Hattori mvt and silicon straps/stainless buckles

(we buy 200+ Jellies at a time but used 39 to equal $195)

etc, etc...

My guess is they all probably cost more to make (per each) than the straps except for the Jellies.

Another guess is that it would not take much of a tug on the watch to tear the link screw out of the strap by accident or by a thief in a crowded area.

Some of the cheapo Daytonas with DG type day/date sub dials had leather straps with a deployant clasp that could be easily modified to make 'dive straps' by using the buckle ends of two rubber straps with the clasp. The flip lock has to be removed to install the strap because the rivet tube goes through the strap where the original buckle was but other than that, it is a 10 minute job. On the other end, the clasp cap has adjustment holes to adjust the length.

if you want to avoid removing the flip lock rivets when changing straps you can drill the clasp cap and flip lock out to accept a springbar. The clasp cap needs to be drilled out so the entire stepped tip of the sb will pass through the cap. The flip lock needs to be drilled out so only the smaller tip passes through. You will have to use 'double shoulder' springbars, not springbars with flanges. 

The only catch is finding a clasp.

There is a picture of the exact clasp I used on this page...fifth row down, sixth picture from left:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&va=replica+daytona+on+leather+strap&fr=mcsaoffblock&tab=organic&ri=38