When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with member Texski! Please read!

concepta

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Small update!

Apparently has some member talked to Tex over the phone and informed him about the threads! He promised to check in and answer the same day...but still nothing! All it takes is 2min to show a life sign....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

This is focked up!!!

As long as we continue dealing in reps, we will occasionally encounter stuff like this...I've been around long enough to witness more than a couple of unfortunate situations like this.

My personal solution to never getting "burned" was to stay away from the flames....

I would NEVER allow myself to get into a situation where I could be putting substantial assets at risk, based solely upon my trusting the veracity of someone who was in effect, just a name on a computer monitor....

As much as we have a sort of "fellowship" among us, when it comes to my money, I try to be careful.

The fact that Concepta is willing to "step up" here and take the blow speaks volumes as to his character...

I would suggest that perhaps the mods here might create some sort of fund raiser to attempt to at least partially relieve him of some of the onus of this sorry situation.

If this situation doesn't resolve Itself I think a set up for donations would be In the true spiritof RWG. I would be happy to contribute.

Mike

"If this situation doesn't resolve Itself I think a set up for donations would be In the true spirit of RWG. I would be happy to contribute."

I will put some $$ toward the cause too as I have been 'caught in the middle' on a few watch repairs. We can give this issue time to see where it is going and then go from there.

I know exactly how it feels because of a few problems that were not my fault. Because of this, I will never take another rolex or high value watch in for repair.

When you take another person's watch in for repair (or out of their sight for inspection), anything that is wrong or goes wrong becomes your problem. If the owner is a dum-dum or a crook they can claim you broke their watch and what you found wrong was not a problem before they brough it in. There are exceptions of course...rust, melted gaskets etc but they must be diagnosed immediately while the owner is present.

One example:

I took in an old vintage rectangular snap-back sub seconds rolex that 'could not be fixed'. The owner said it just quit running and the repair shop he took it to told him "It can not be repaired." (I took it in from a jewelry store that I did some work for)

I looked in it and the 'repair shop' had robbed or lost the hour wheel etc under the dial and cemented the hands to a cp and hour wheel from a ufo watch of some sort...and the balance staff was broken (the initial problem I guess).

The hands could not be set but the owner later claimed he did not notice.

When the owner was told what was wrong, he claimed I robbed the parts and went into a screaming fit. When asked who the 'repair shop' was, he said it did not matter because it closed and the owner left town...pending indictment for stealing watches on consignment it later turned out.

I will keep my fingers crossed for this situation to end well. But like Consepta said. "It only takes a few min to show a life sign". Shame really.

Mike

Yea It totally sucks when all someone has to do is let people know they are around and working on things to give piece of mind. Especially when they take payments up front.

Kinda of like these threads below and the 3 or 4 on others in other forums.

http://www.rwg.cc/to...__hl__+concepta

This is damage control and these guys were in on many projects together.

I hope both people involved make an effort to try and make this right.

<br /><br />Yea It totally sucks when all someone has to do is let people know they are around and working on things to give piece of mind. Especially when they take payments up front.<br />Kinda of like these threads below and the 3 or 4 on others in other forums.<br />http://www.rwg.cc/to...__hl__+concepta<br />http://www.rwg.cc/to...__hl__+concepta<br />http://www.rwg.cc/to...__hl__+concepta<br /><br />This is damage control and these guys were in on many projects together. <br />I hope both people involved make an effort to try and make this right.
<br /><br />I'm not sure the point you're trying to make here. In those threads you refer to, it has nothing to do with Concepta taking money and going missing. Have any of those issues from those threads remained unresolved Edited by Guest

My response was to the fact of Concepta saying how hard is it to take two minutes to write back.

My only point on all this stuff between texski and concepta is why does it have to be this way??

I have never accused concepta of taking money and going missing. He is however involved in multiple projects with texski currently outstanding and he has used the IWC forum here for extensive shilling for a large business involving alot of money and had mulitple issues with communication.

Here a few responses I have had to the issues of the IWC situation which Domi, Concepta and texski have been involved in sometimes as partners.

In response to the tolerance of communication issues which I feel the forum should be more hard line about. This applies to mike's problems early on. Everyone "gave him a chance" instead of treating it like a transaction on the sales corner.

If I sold 20 watches(300-500 value) on the sales area over the course of a year and on say 4 of these watches I stopped communication and waited only 2-3 weeks to ship without any pm's being answered I would be destroyed in the sales threads and possibly even banned.

No one would be posting that "I always came through in the end" or that I was "not perfect"

You have people paying over 1k and not getting communication for months upon months. People who just want a little piece of mind that they are not getting ripped off and cannot even get a PM.

Why?

Because these IWC parts are crack and this crack only comes from one place and no one wants to cut off there source. smiley.gif I'm no better than you guys either, I would roll the dice on a blue porto from Mike if I had the chance too. smiley.gif

If they were selling mediocre custom reps they would have both been long gone with bad feedback with no fear of not having a source to these parts.

On the subject of modding taking alot of time and we should be patient......

Modders have long waits and the process is time consuming,

My expectation to get good work done is that it will be a long process.

I had to wait 6 months from rob to get an appointment to fix my aquatimer. Communication was excellent and watch was returned when and as promised.

There is NO relation between that point and what is going on here though. Waiting 6 months to get a job done from a responsible modder that is up front about the time frame and randomly disappearing with thousands of dollars being unreachable for many months at a time are very different things.

I would bet my entire collection that chief, VAC, Taka etc have not been involved in the degree of communication problems vs the amount of money here.

The IWC situation is an abuse of the forums because the parts are so rare and they know that people are not gong to bite the hand that feeds them.

If these were rep vintage dials or handmade watch straps we would not be having this conversation. They would both be gone.

Its a bad precedent.

Concepta will insult me on all of this and call me crazy but I am just expressing my opinion and looking out for the membership here. I am not calling you a scam artist but after Domi and now Texski this has gone far enough. You need to PM everyone of your projects today and let them know a concrete ETA and where the watch is (many of them are with mike) or refund the money right away.

I have told him multiple times that when he publicly admits he has been poor about this kind of thing in the past and admit he respects the need for communication and will be better about it in the future and take a real interest in preventing things like this from getting to this point, I will not say a word about it again. He is arrogant about it though and I do not like that.

These are just my opinions and again I am not claiming Concepta has any intention of running away with anyone's money or watch.

We deserve better business practices though!

My response was to the fact of Concepta saying how hard is it to take two minutes to write back.

My only point on all this stuff between texski and concepta is why does it have to be this way??

I have never accused concepta of taking money and going missing. He is however involved in multiple projects with texski currently outstanding and he has used the IWC forum here for extensive shilling for a large business involving alot of money and had mulitple issues with communication.

Here a few responses I have had to the issues of the IWC situation which Domi, Concepta and texski have been involved in sometimes as partners.

In response to the tolerance of communication issues which I feel the forum should be more hard line about. This applies to mike's problems early on. Everyone "gave him a chance" instead of treating it like a transaction on the sales corner.

If I sold 20 watches(300-500 value) on the sales area over the course of a year and on say 4 of these watches I stopped communication and waited only 2-3 weeks to ship without any pm's being answered I would be destroyed in the sales threads and possibly even banned.

No one would be posting that "I always came through in the end" or that I was "not perfect"

You have people paying over 1k and not getting communication for months upon months. People who just want a little piece of mind that they are not getting ripped off and cannot even get a PM.

Why?

Because these IWC parts are crack and this crack only comes from one place and no one wants to cut off there source. smiley.gif I'm no better than you guys either, I would roll the dice on a blue porto from Mike if I had the chance too. smiley.gif

If they were selling mediocre custom reps they would have both been long gone with bad feedback with no fear of not having a source to these parts.

On the subject of modding taking alot of time and we should be patient......

Modders have long waits and the process is time consuming,

My expectation to get good work done is that it will be a long process.

I had to wait 6 months from rob to get an appointment to fix my aquatimer. Communication was excellent and watch was returned when and as promised.

There is NO relation between that point and what is going on here though. Waiting 6 months to get a job done from a responsible modder that is up front about the time frame and randomly disappearing with thousands of dollars being unreachable for many months at a time are very different things.

I would bet my entire collection that chief, VAC, Taka etc have not been involved in the degree of communication problems vs the amount of money here.

The IWC situation is an abuse of the forums because the parts are so rare and they know that people are not gong to bite the hand that feeds them.

If these were rep vintage dials or handmade watch straps we would not be having this conversation. They would both be gone.

Its a bad precedent.

Concepta will insult me on all of this and call me crazy but I am just expressing my opinion and looking out for the membership here. I am not calling you a scam artist but after Domi and now Texski this has gone far enough. You need to PM everyone of your projects today and let them know a concrete ETA and where the watch is (many of them are with mike) or refund the money right away.

I have told him multiple times that when he publicly admits he has been poor about this kind of thing in the past and admit he respects the need for communication and will be better about it in the future and take a real interest in preventing things like this from getting to this point, I will not say a word about it again. He is arrogant about it though and I do not like that.

These are just my opinions and again I am not claiming Concepta has any intention of running away with anyone's money or watch.

We deserve better business practices though!

:wheelchair:

I´m getting lots of emails and PMs from members who have projects with him! This is much bigger then i ever would imagine!

We now have some indications that "our" parts were used to projects that were sold outside the foras...

If ANYONE have a connection or communicates with Mike PLEASE let me know so we can sort this out!

I´m getting lots of emails and PMs from members who have projects with him! This is much bigger then i ever would imagine!

We now have some indications that "our" parts were used to projects that were sold outside the foras...

If ANYONE have a connection or communicates with Mike PLEASE let me know so we can sort this out!

If you are so concerned why have your not fully refunded the people that had 3714 projects paid in full through you that you outsourced to texski? Some of these people have been waiting just to hear some news for a long time. Some projects outstanding for over a year.

Where is that money? I know you did not prepay 100 percent deposits on that to texski and even if you did it would just be for his casework. Will they ever see the parts or watches they contributed to the project or money for them?

What about these "victims"? Why have the full deposits you collected not been refunded? The money should technically still be there. They are deposits.

Can't you just apologize and admit some fault here and get peoples money back from your account right now?

As for the people who went to texski alone, that is not your issue and you hold no responsibility.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I think concepta is traying to raise the funds to refund people! Dident he say that in a topic? Or was it this one? Dosent matter, i think he will never ever trust anyone again! It was a bad ide in the first place to trust somone you never meet with all that money and stuff!

What about these "victims"? Why have the full deposits you collected not been refunded? The money should technically still be there. They are deposits.

Can't you just apologize and admit some fault here and get peoples money back from your account right now?

A large part probably went to his IWC source. While he probably gets them at a lower price than he sells them, he probably doesn't get them for free either. These parts are with texski now, who disappeared.

Please give him some time, he's trying to do the right thing and refund the people who have been scammed.

As for the people who went to texski alone, that is not your issue and you hold no responsibility.

As hard as this may sound to those who are concerned, I agree with that statement. I wouldn't hold a trusted dealer responsible for a faulty watch either if I bought it directly from the factory. (That's common sense.)

• 2 weeks later...

It was a bad ide in the first place to trust somone you never meet with all that money and stuff!

There are MANY people that feel this way about concepta not just texski that are scared to speak up because they have watches and money with him.

It's not these peoples problem he outsourced the watch work to texski. He has their money and in some cases expensive base watches.

He owes them money and these people are too scared to speak up because they think he might bolt with everything. These people never communicated with Texski.

Give these people there money back!!!!!! You have made a huge profit here over the years, are you really out of money?

Someone people have waited for over a year before any of the texski stuff went down. You only gave them the same crappy communication that ironically you are got from Texski. Sucks doesn't it?

I can't believe anyone would defend this behavior and cry "poor NIk" of this after all the issues. It is outrageous.

To the people who have contacted by email and PM. Do not be scared to speak out!!

To those defending Nik, of course your opinions are valid and defendable but just know there are many people out there that have outstanding full deposits and parts with Nik and have for a long time that are unsure even talking to the mods is the right thing to do. They just want there money.

• 2 months later...

Just to update. 

The people that concepta never refunded are still waiting and have long since lost communication with him. 

He took deposits and watches, outsourced work to texski and stopped communication with these people over a month ago. 

You are a disgrace and should have been banned ten times over for the communication issues and shady business practices you have brought here over the years. 

Guest zeleni kukuruz

This most be the scam of the year! Does anyone know how much money is out there??? It sounds huge!!!

Wasent concepta selling things to cover this? Do you meen nothing have happend since this topic was started? Was it concepta that took money and parts from members then Sent everything to texi?

This most be the scam of the year! Does anyone know how much money is out there??? It sounds huge!!! Wasent concepta selling things to cover this? Do you meen nothing have happend since this topic was started? Was it concepta that took money and parts from members then Sent everything to texi?
Responsible honest people hold enough money in there bank account to not have to sell things to cover deposits for uncompleted projects. I know he didn't pay texski upfront for work. Concepta has done business in the tens of thousands here. That auction mentioned nothing of this, he acted like he was doing it out of the goodness of his heart. It was damage control.