When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alright Big Red Joe - I'm Calling You Out

Nanuq

I took a photo tonight of a new knife I bought, Helle from Norway, and it occurred to me that my thumb

is looking pretty bad. So THEN it occurred to me that it's about time someone went mano-a-mano with

RBJ (or would that be thumb-a-thumb) to finally place all bets and determine... WHO HAS THE NASTIEST

THUMB???!! :yuk:

This beauty I got when I was doing a carpentry project and I drilled a hole through my thumb. Yep you

heard me right... through my thumb. It's been healing a month or two now.

So let's see what you got, Joe. Time to put up your best shot. :yeah:

Here's mine

149743-15008.jpg

I'm not a knife collector but my son-in-law is and I'm always admiring them and keeping an eye out for ones to get him as gifts so I sorta know enough to admire a good crafted knife rather than those built for looks only. Excellent choice.

On Tuesday evening I was preparing a nice chicken madras curry for my lovely wife.

It was the whole nine yards with everything but the kitchen sink in it. (I can make a mean curry)

Whilst dicing the onions I got distracted by our wee West Highland Terrier who was trying to attract my attention……..next thing………….AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGH! I only sliced the tip off my thumb. There isn’t much to see so no point in posting a big bandaged thumb but as the piece didn’t come completely off I just folded it back on and strapped it up.

My neighbour who is a doctor said I shouldn’t worry and that I should still be able to play the piano, which is fabulous news as I couldn’t play it before.

Seriously though……my monthly snooker game is on Friday night and the affected thumb is on my bridging hand, so I’m going to look a right Charlie Corroli.

Any suggestions?

JTB

Becuz U R GAY!!! ha ha ha

Seriously, it doesn't appear that gay to me.

And this from a guy who thinks nothing of wearing a Pannie with a 'MUPPET'

watch-strap.... :-) :-) :-) :-)

The waiters at the Café Select are still asking me when 'ze next meeting of ze Gay Replica Watch Club' is going to take place.....

(Man, you guys are all getting as serious as Popes.... It's called 'a joke'!)

@JTB

You're right, that IS fantastic news! Does your newfound talent apply to keyboards as well?

Just think what body parts Michael Jackson must have given up to be able to sing and dance like he does.

*shudder*

There is one body part I am not prepared to give up my friend. I have no desire to play the saxophone......................purple or otherwise!

JTB

oh man that is nasty my old friend, but i may have u , these thumbs have been working overtime lately, lmao

and keep in mind this is normal wear and tear, please squint your eyes while looking , roflmao

150013-14926.jpg

150013-14927.jpg

The waiters at the Café Select are still asking me when 'ze next meeting of ze Gay Replica Watch Club' is going to take place.....

Good idea. Let's get a meet sorted soon. I fancy an evening of sophisticated chat, beer and cigars, but I'll settle for a watch meet instead. :D

Good idea. Let's get a meet sorted soon. I fancy an evening of sophisticated chat, beer and cigars, but I'll settle for a watch meet instead. :D

Well Ethel me Merman, Puggy!

I'm up for it...... sometime before everyone disappears for Xmas.

Even have a new ticker to show around!

GTG? I can't do it this weekend, I am selling photos at an art fair but I can do it the next week. 22 or 25, 26 of November are ok.

I have to confess I broke my rule for buying any more watches this year. I bought a IWC Portugese Chrono Automatic (black face with white subdials) used from an RWG member with a Hirsch strap and another IWC Ti (the one with yellow on part of the bezel also from an RWG member) both of which I will not see till I go home to the US in December so can not show them yet. I also have an IWC SS GST coming from Neil later this month and a band from ebay. So, nothing to show but I did fix my pearl on my 187 that looks pretty good. And I can show you what a sticky ball looks like.

Usil

GTG? I can't do it this weekend, I am selling photos at an art fair but I can do it the next week. 22 or 25, 26 of November are ok.

I have to confess I broke my rule for buying any more watches this year. I bought a IWC Portugese Chrono Automatic (black face with white subdials) used from an RWG member with a Hirsch strap and another IWC Ti (the one with yellow on part of the bezel also from an RWG member) both of which I will not see till I go home to the US in December so can not show them yet. I also have an IWC SS GST coming from Neil later this month and a band from ebay. So, nothing to show but I did fix my pearl on my 187 that looks pretty good. And I can show you what a sticky ball looks like.

Usil

What did I say?

The waiters were right.