When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A message for Hike USA by Mike on a bike

Mike on a bike

Dear Mr Hike USA ,

Go take one. When I purchased these watches they were from links such as provided, that is all you get. No QC photos for gens buddy. I proved I had them as is required and would answer any question PMed me. Further more who made YOU the arbiter of what pics are good enough. And please do go with they haven't sold thread craper, this is a REP place the graveyard of gens there are some here under mine that are really nice with great pics fairly priced, no surprise not selling. I fully realized this was a bad place to sell them but this is my home so what the h*ll. If you don't have anything good to say mind your business, we often call out things stated that are not true but that is not the case here. I see you are a long time member with a lot of post but it would seem you aren't around much anymore as you would know me then hopefully conduct yourself with a little more class and consideration.

PS To all I post this here because being petty and demeaning to another member is not the conduct I have experienced since joining the community. We are better than that, I hold myself to higher standard some obviously do not.

I hope it works out, whatever the issue was, Mike.

I have had exchanges with both you and HikeUSA before, and I would have to say that you both are nice people to speak with.

Take it easy mate, here's one for you :drinks:

Mike,

I think you are a good guy from your postings. Likewise for Hike. And occasionally, even between two decent fellas, sparks can fly because of a variety of reasons. Nothing that backing down a step each, being nice, and a nice cold beer won't solve. :lol:

Legend I doubt he cares either way, that being said I stated my piece and that is the end of it. As I said a higher standard, doing it on the open forum as he did is appropriate. Not going to a PM war or a [censored] for tat. If he never makes a response matters little, as long as he reads it.

daniel I would think that would be self explanatory, & yes they were not good, but you look shake head & think "good luck pal".

That is my point, I do not have to do anything but as per Hike.........................

I would hope everyone is aware that there are other places where reps are bad & my low end gens would sell, but I don't go there.

daniel maybe just felt I would get treated better on my home turf.

I have known F since I joined here.... and have dealt with him in many ways... we have become friends and I have experienced his character in many situations, which i wont go into here.

I have found him to be one of the nicest guys and most trusted guys on this forum.... when i was seriously ill before I really knew him he and few other guys went out of their way to arrange for me to recieve a hamper of fruit... no bear in mind i am in the UK and they were in US...

I dont really know you Mike but I have always found you to be a good guy here and have enjoyed some of your posts.

I am sure knowing F like I do and his character.. he is not the sort of guy to create a problem intentionally or try to usurp anyones thread with TC intentionally...

I am sure knowing you two guys that this is one of those situations that can happen between the best of us.... and misunderstanding and the sense of being right can spiral into something thats beyond where it was originally intended to go... that is especially more likely because of the way we type or comments or our use of the language.... what you are saying in your head as you type doesnt always have that meaning to others that read it... in reading anything we are always missing the most important part of communication... expression, tone and gesture.. once thats is first misunderstood then trhe only place it can go is down... :(

I am sure if you guys sat down over a beer and started talking about those gens and reps you both own and builds that have been put together you will find each other to be both interesting and good guys to know...

I truly hope no one here inflates this thread anymore than it has been.. and as Mike has said..he has said his bit and vented ....and thats an end to it... lets get back to what we are all here for .. :)

• Like 1

Wow.....a nice surprise on a Friday morning. First off, let me apologize to you, I didn't mean to insult you personally with what I said about your pictures, but common Man,

if you wanna sell something here, please try to show your goods as clearly as possible and I'm just not speaking for just for myself but for the whole community, at least from my point of

view. I thought I should take it upon myself to point it out to you and to the rest of the folks who wants to sell here. That's how it works in the real world. How could someone peruse

a thing to buy when you could hardly see the details of what is being sold?

When I sell something here, I take some time to take the shots clearly and enhance it if I could so that buyers could see what they're shopping for. Put yourself in my place

and I think you would understand.

Again I apologize and hope that you also understand where I'm coming from.

Oh, just in case you missed this in the Rules Under Watches for Sale, it states:

Rule of Thumb: honest sellers post good, clear pics to reveal details; dishonest sellers post dark, blurry or distant pics to hide them. Please beware of sellers who fall into the latter category.

One of the reasons why I pointed out the quality of the pictures, I don't want anyone to think that you're dishonest, because although I don't know you, I think you are a good honest member!

Hike.

Pete, thanks for standing up for me, I know most of the oldies here know where I'm coming from and just because I'm not posting much doesn't mean I'm not around everyday

lurking in the neighborhood.,

PEACE!

• Like 1

Just chiming in here but, from what I see, Hike posted twice on two different sales thread about the quality of the pictures. Nothing wrong here.

I'm not sure if other communication was exchanged but it seems this thread is uncalled for.

The links, while helpful, don't really show anyone the exact watch they might be interested in buying.

Not taking sides here. But you seem to be a little harsh, Mike.

Edited by Guest

Enough said Hike case closed as far as I am concerned. But I will take the time to explain myself.

"When I sell something here, I take some time to take the shots clearly and enhance it if I could so that buyers could see what they're shopping for."

I put plenty of time in but I have never taken photos in my life! Really not even birthday pictures of the kids someone else always does, hated it always. You cannot believe the effort it took just to get them out of camera figure out how to get them into my computer & then get them posted. (hours) My friend sgtguk has been asking me when I was going to sell some watches "I can't post pics" my reply, so I try. Can't just keep buying as you all know.

Lighting, enhancement sorry Hike way beyond my skill set for now. I cannot buy a $500 camera to sell $500 in watches no sense (been reading up on macro pics etc). As a matter of fact thought about ways to build proper lighting thingy my major problem all the way home in car today.

You had your reasons to say what you did I had mine for taking offense, both valid. As I said before I consider this matter closed. Sorry no drama here this is how the big boys hash things out , not like we have seen lately in abundance I am sorry to say.

Cheers,

Mike

As someone who has gently reminded a seller to take better photos if they want to get a good price, I have to say it has always come from a good place. I want you to sell your stuff for the price you need, and I want the buyer to be happy with what they receive.

If Hike agrees as we are the party’s involved please admins lock thread. I do not want this to devolve into a overall forum debate, it does not benefit anyone.

PS please all do not post give Hike an opportunity to respond.

If you don't want a forum discussion, but resolve an issue with a member, then use the [censored] PM option next time, Eh?

Open forum and all...

I know you don't want more comments Mike but I gotta say 'well done' to both of you guys !

It's refreshing to see that you have both handled this misunderstanding the way it should be, like adults, we all participate on here and comment on each others threads with the best intentions, sometimes even given those best intentions the comments are taken the wrong way and someone gets upset, this is not always the fault of the guy making the comment as posting online and typing what you think is open to incorrect interpretation by others.

Beers all round I reckon :drinks: :drinks:

• Like 1