When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7206 bracelet for a Tudor Submariner

Lo'

Hi all, I am trying to find a vintag(ized)e bracelet for my Tudor Submariner 7928/0. I do not know where to look and the places I could have been picking one have none available.

Can someone offer any pointers and/or does by any chance have one lying around they'd care to sell?

Thanks in advance!

Lorenzo

post-49167-0-84576300-1353688835_thumb.j

Accuracy wise, Yuki's is a great but slightly pricey one. Depending on the case, some people reported having issues with lug holes lining up and others have had problems with spring bars not fitting through them easily.

The cartel have them for substantially less money, but they are quite inaccurate all around.

Thanks Cjjoyce. Yuki's bracelet is precisely the one I got an advice for. Unfortunately it is no longer available on their site and there are no hints as to when (and if) they will ever have any more up for sale. :g:

Edited by Lo'

Hi Mapman and thanks for replying,

You know what... I'm not much of an expert and I have no contacts with the watches world so I would not really know where to go and what to look for. I'd therefore feel more comfortable with a "ready made" solution which would spare me the hassle of having to look for parts I know strictly nothing about... let's add to that the fact that I do not have too much free time to take care of my hobbies and you've got the picture... Thanks a lot for the advice tho'! :)

Edited by Lo'

I bought a nice expansion 7206 from phong (Jewelry&watch) unfortunately it comes with the wrong numbered end links (Should be 80) The good part is it does accept genuine 2mm springbars. yuki's does not without modification. and you need to know what you're doing to open them up. You can break the end links pretty eaasily if you aren't careful. I personally would prefer a 9315 folded link Oyster bracelet w/380 end links for your watch. I believe that it is more period correct unless you'rs is a very early model (Around 1960-63) the later 7928's came with 9315's, and all of them that went back to Rolex Service centers for repair were replaced with 9315's and later 93150's. So you can get by with any of those, as well as Jubilee bracelets. I never liked the Jubilee on a dive watch, but to each his own.

I bought a nice expansion 7206 from phong (Jewelry&watch) unfortunately it comes with the wrong numbered end links (Should be 80) The good part is it does accept genuine 2mm springbars. yuki's does not without modification. and you need to know what you're doing to open them up. You can break the end links pretty eaasily if you aren't careful. I personally would prefer a 9315 folded link Oyster bracelet w/380 end links for your watch. I believe that it is more period correct unless you'rs is a very early model (Around 1960-63) the later 7928's came with 9315's, and all of them that went back to Rolex Service centers for repair were replaced with 9315's and later 93150's. So you can get by with any of those, as well as Jubilee bracelets. I never liked the Jubilee on a dive watch, but to each his own.

Thanks a lot Panerai. I'm gonna have to start taking notes ;)

Sooo... the engraving on the inside of my caseback says II 67 which, if I'm not wrong means that the watch was built on the second half of the year 1967. One of the last with an A390 Rolex (by Feb) movement... B). I therefore assume that the 9315 you're telling me about would be correct

That said if I go looking for a 9315/93150 do I need to make sure it's got a particular set of endlinks?

LO - the correct OEM bracelet for a '67 7928 with A390 would be a Rivet.

Following that period, most Tudor subs were OEM fitted with the 9315 folded / 380 combo. These are quite hard to find as they often fell apart!

I have found no records anywhere to suggest they were ever OEM fitted with a 93150/580. But it would look great!

I have a Gen 93150/585 set up that I rotate between my Gen Tudor Sub Snowy (1979) and my 1978, 1665 Franken MBW SD. I wear my Snowy on a Jubilee as well and that also looks great - although not correct, many have done so.

The beauty of vintage Rolex/Tudor is that almost anything goes!!! Great piece you have. By the way, I have just ordered a vintage DB10 tan leather 20/16 strap similar to yours above - I am going to try that look as well!

You can really fit and wear what you want - but for authenticity a nice Gen 9315/380 would liook great and certainly be a service centre replacement from the 70's and 80's.

IMG-20120605-03264.jpg

Jubilee...

IMG-20120702-03664.jpg

Donerix vintage Nato...

IMG-20120701-03643.jpg

Edited by Mapman57

Thanks Mapman. So a 9315 or 93150 with 585 endlinks will be ok; which means that the offers I see at Phong about "vintage 20mm Rolex" bands should fit the bill :g:

Would you recommend these particular items by Phong? I'm asking cause the pricetag is quite hefty and I would really hate getting ripped off on a metal bracelet if you see what I mean :fool:

I had forgotten about it... the old battered watch I had been given while serving my time in the army... it had not been used for at least twenty years for cause of being broken beyond repair (it fell from my pocket on a parachute jump) but I have always kept it with me as a reminder of things past :)

Today I found a way to use it again or at least... parts of it...

post-49167-0-68992600-1353882707_thumb.j

This is temporary as the endlinks are not right but I just wanted to get a taste of how this watch will look with a bracelet. Now on for a proper one.

Another idea, this is Mary's 7836 with a little lovin' thrown in. To the band, not to Mary.

Hi nanuq and first of all a big 'thank you' for yesterday's pics atop Mt. Baldy. They are truly inspirative.

That being said I'm starting to get a little confused by all the names and acronyms.

Mary is not affiliated in any way with MBW correct? I have read something about a chinese seller with a very good QC ratio, which name should be Mary, but can't remember where and when for the love of me...

Lo'

If this is a gen watch which it appears to be you have plenty of options. The correct bracelet for this sub would have been a rivet as stated by Mapman57.

You could have gotten it with two different types of rivet bracelets at the time.

1. Rolex made 7206
  2. Rolex USA sourced C&I Rivet. These are made of a slightly cheaper construction and thus were...well...cheaper to purchase.

Or you can go the 9315 route with 380b endlinks.

Many people will or have put a 93150 on their subs over the years. However, the correct 93150 version for a Tudor is the: 78500.

It is just like a 93150 but with a tudor clasp and it has 380b endlinks. Modern day replacements of a tired 9315 will be with the 78500.

If you are interested in a genuine 9315 with 380b endlinks, let me know. I've got a hankering for a 78500 for my 1973 snowflake.

Hello gavidoc,

I've been PM'ing you for the details. That said I do not really care about chronology as of now. I just want a bracelet with correct endlinks then we'll see. I'd even go for a fakreplica :) bracelet provided it's well built and sturdy.