When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need help: An Update :)

TeeJay

The title says it all, and I am left with no other option but to beg for help.  The last five years have not been particularly easy for me, as, unbeknownst to many of you, following an incident which destroyed my self-confidence, I have been unable to work due to depression.  My doctor had signed me off work, which allowed me to receive incapacity benefits, but did nothing else to help me recover.  In that time, I have helped my father in law with his businesses of attending mind body spirit fairs and hosting paranormal investigations, and taught myself how to tattoo, in the hopes that I could make that my own career.  Things were okay, and although money was tight, I at least had enough to pay my household contributions, and to occasionally treat myself to a cheap rep...  Then David Cameron got voted into power.  He decided that the quickest way to ease some of the UK's deficit, was to reduce the amount of benefits that the government paid out, and he has made it a quest to target and victimize the most vulnerable members of society, the sick, the disabled, and the elderly.  He does this via a company called Atos, which is tasked with 'assessing' people in receipt of benefits to ensure they are indeed too sick to work.  It is now widely known, that Atos works to the policy of actively finding people fit to work, regardless of if they are actually disabled or not.  Everyone assessed by Atos, is given a score of zero (meaning there is nothing preventing them from working) which then means that they can either attempt to find a job (which is in itself a sick joke, as the job market is oversaturated with candidates) or appeal against the decision. (The only way of being found 'unfit for work' by Atos, is by either having intravenous chemotherapy, or being terminally ill with weeks/months to live) 12 months ago, this happened to me, and as I was still suffering from depression, I filed an appeal against the decision.  This meant having to wait till my case could come to tribunal, and the decision either upheld, or overturned.  It meant I had to return to my doctor to be again signed off from work to provide the DSS with the proper papers, and due to Cameron's changes in policy, it meant that my incapacity benefit was replaced with employment and support allowance, which can only be received for one year, and reduced the amount of money received to a bare minimum, which after covering my household contributions, leaves me with £10 spare to last me a fortnight.  That's right folks, £5 a week to cover clothing/food/transport... that's how poor I actually am at the moment.  Fortunately, and unbeknownst to me, my doctor had left the practice, and I was assigned a much more helpful doctor.  They realized that I was not simply suffering from depression due to chemical means, but in fact suffering from PTSD as a result of the incident five years ago, so they put me forward for CBT, although there was a considerable waiting list.  There was also a considerable waiting list for my appeal to come to tribunal, because Cameron is not just doing this to me, but to thousands of people across the UK, so the tribunals service has a considerable backlog.  A few months ago, I was informed that my years allowance of ESA payments will stop on the 6th of January, and due to my wife's income being above the government threshold, I would not be entitled to claim any other supplemental income, regardless of the fact that my appeal date still had not been received.  Fortunately, I found the CBT immensely beneficial and I threw myself into that in the hopes of overcoming my depression and once more being well enough to be employed.  I have now received my tribunal date, which is 29th of January, which may or may not uphold the Atos decision.  If the decision goes in my favor, then my entitlement of a year ago will be recognized, and I will receive a back-dated payment of the money which I should have received over the past year.  If it doesn't go in my favor, then so be it.  The issue I have, is that my payments will stop three weeks before the tribunal (In a way, I am fortunate, as I had originally been told the tribunal would have been in March...) meaning that I will have no income to meet my household contributions.  Neither my inlaws nor my wife have the available money to cover me for this period, and to say that this is putting a strain on my marriage, is an understatement.  Although I had been signed off, I had not simply sat back and collected the cheque, I used the time to learn a new trade skill, and helped my father in law as what is termed 'therapeutic hours'.   I had been doing some tattoo work on a fairly regular client, but a few weeks ago, they passed from COPD, leaving a considerable amount of work unfinished, which I will now obviously not be able to complete and be paid for, and none of my other friends have been able to make bookings due to the time of year and their own financial situations.  I had hoped to use these past months to build a portfolio of work which I could then use to either approach existing studios in the new year, or to launch myself fully as a mobile artist, but as before, there has simply not been the work to allow me to build that portfolio.  Since completing the CBT, I have been applying for jobs, but with no success, due to the state of the job market.  I would willingly sell every rep I own if it meant raising the money I need, but as they are all a21j budget watches, I know that even selling the entire collection would not raise even half the money I need, so I am left with no other choice but to beg for help.  I do not even need a lot.  £150 is all I need to cover my contributions between the 6th and 29th of January.  Less than the cost of any Cartel ETA watch.  I'm not asking for anyone to support me in the longterm, as I am confident that I will win my appeal, and the backdated money I would receive, would support me while I continue to look for work, either through regular employment, or by being able to promote my tattoo work.  This appeal is not for me to continue to receive government benefit, it is simply challenging the wrongful decision which was made 12 months ago, when I was mentally unfit for work.  All I am asking, is enough to make a single payment of household contributions between the given dates.     I would have endeavored to begin offering watch luming and basic mod work here on the forum, but as my finances were so tight, I knew that I could not afford to make right anything which went wrong, so I never ran the risk of ruining a watch which I could not afford to repair.  I have been put into the situation where my income has been so reduced, that I cannot even afford to buy the tools which would enable me to make money through strap making, even though I have access to leather which I plan to make into watch straps to sell, but being unable to purchase the hole-punch needed, I have not been able to make them :bangin:

My deepest apologies for having to make this request, and for not having made my situation clearer before now, but this was the one place left in my life where I had a little dignity and could contribute anything, so tried to keep my issues to myself.  I no longer have any dignity, so nothing to lose by asking for help.  If you can help, it would be much appreciated, if you cannot, well, thanks for reading   :good::drinks:

[Edit to add]

Thanks to the help of some very generous people, my immediate crisis has been averted, and I want to once more thank everyone who so kindly donated, and made offers of donations to help me in this time.  I've removed my pp address from the thread, as it would not be right for me to accept any more than I needed after the goal was reached, but those additional donations, the sentiments is appreciated every bit as much, and I hope those funds have all now been received back :good::drinks:  I'm going to leave this post up, simply because I hope to bring some awareness to the behavior of the British Prime Minister, and allow people to see just how what he is doing can be affecting your brothers and your neighbors.  Many thanks again, and best regards to all :good::drinks:

I commend you for laying it all out there, it's times like these when we have to look out for eachother. I will gladly help with 75£. Pls pm me your Paypal info. I wish you all the best. With a little help from some friends you'll get through it, there's no shame in needing some help once in a while.

• Like 1

Hi TeeJay,

I'm very sorry to hear you're in trouble.

Nobody should be short of 150£ and so many are!

I have a watch here that isn't exactly the super franken of anybody's dream but quite nice when on the wrist.

This is a basic version of Cartier's pacha that I won at a GTG raffle.

It comes from Narika.
I'm not sure what the value of this watch is but I will send it to the first member who sends 75£ to TeeJay to cover the 150 he needs!

CartierPashaGtg_800_07.jpg

After all this watch was a gift to the community and I was the lucky winner so it's time to pass it to somebody who will help out another member of the community!

Come on guys and gals, send 75£ to TJ and teh Cartier is yours :-)

Cheers

Stephane

CartierPashaGtg_800_04.jpg

CartierPashaGtg_800_02.jpg

• Like 1

I commend you for laying it all out there, it's times like these when we have to look out for eachother. I will gladly help with 75£. Pls pm me your Paypal info. I wish you all the best. With a little help from some friends you'll get through it, there's no shame in needing some help once in a while.

Many thanks, brother, I don't know what to say other than thankyou, this will really help me out.  I don't know when I will be able to repay you, but will endeavour to do so as soon as I am able :)  I tried to send you a PM, but got a notification that you can't receive any new messages at the moment, so I'll put my details here...   I can assure you that this money will be spent on nothing whatsoever but my household contributions.

Many thanks again, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a happy new year :good::drinks:

Hi TeeJay,

I'm very sorry to hear you're in trouble.

Nobody should be short of 150£ and so many are!

I have a watch here that isn't exactly the super franken of anybody's dream but quite nice when on the wrist.

This is a basic version of Cartier's pacha that I won at a GTG raffle.

It comes from Narika.

I'm not sure what the value of this watch is but I will send it to the first member who sends 75£ to TeeJay to cover the 150 he needs!

CartierPashaGtg_800_07.jpg

After all this watch was a gift to the community and I was the lucky winner so it's time to pass it to somebody who will help out another member of the community!

Come on guys and gals, send 75£ to TJ and teh Cartier is yours :-)

Cheers

Stephane

CartierPashaGtg_800_04.jpg

CartierPashaGtg_800_02.jpg

Thankyou for your gesture, my friend, I am truly touched, especially knowing that we have not always seen eye to eye.  I can't say anything other than thankyou, and how deeply touched I am by your generosity :good::drinks:  

Thankyou for your gesture, my friend, I am truly touched, especially knowing that we have not always seen eye to eye.  I can't say anything other than thankyou, and how deeply touched I am by your generosity :good::drinks:

Well, as said, I sincerely think that in such rich countries nobody should struggle.

Money is pissed away by our governements and in each country there are sill homeless people!

My gesture is a little gesture to help somebody I "know" rather than somebody I "don't know" ;-)

Come on guys...who wants a Cartier Pache  :clap2:

• Like 1

Teejay., I feel for you in your situation and I hope you will get through this chapter of your life. We are here to help out in whichever way we can. Send me yourpp address and I will put in 10pounds

Ok, so the Cartier goes to the member who will send the remaining 65£ now :-)

• Like 1

Teejay., I feel for you in your situation and I hope you will get through this chapter of your life. We are here to help out in whichever way we can. Send me yourpp address and I will put in 10pounds

Many thanks, everything helps, and is very much appreciated :good::drinks:  My pp address is tjparkerchambers@googlemail.com  My most sincere thanks :good::drinks:

75£ sent. Your welcome, but really, there's no need to pay me back. One day when you're back on your feet and in a position to help someone else, pay it forward. I'm sure they will be just as grateful as you are today

That's really good of you, thankyou, and absolutely, one day I will be more than happy to pay it forward :good::drinks:

Well, as said, I sincerely think that in such rich countries nobody should struggle.

Money is pissed away by our governements and in each country there are sill homeless people!

My gesture is a little gesture to help somebody I "know" rather than somebody I "don't know" ;-)

Come on guys...who wants a Cartier Pache  :clap2:

It's very much appreciated, my friend, and indeed, it the way governments behave like this is criminal.  The amount of people who have either died by working while medically unfit to do so, or committed suicide over an Atos decision is truly frightening.  David Cameron, and all his cronies who are behind these welfare cuts deserve to be prosecuted for manslaughter, in the same way as any business can be held accountable in such circumstances.  These are dark times indeed in the UK, so I am truly grateful for this help in keeping my head above water :good::drinks:

I have just logged into PP to accept the funds offered, but it looks like PP now does that automatically... I just wanted to say that the goal has been reached. I was momentarily confused by the totals in different currencies, but the balance says that the goal has been reached :)  Thankyou so much to everyone who has helped me at this time, it is more appreciated than I can express, and will ease the strain while I await the tribunal, and continue to seek employment :good::drinks:  

Sorry I'm late to read about all this but glad our troupe has responded in a nice way. Keep us posted. I AM interested in yoru affairs and well-being.

Nothing to apologize for, my friend :good::drinks:  Indeed, it is times like this when I am reminded that this truly is a band of brothers, unrivaled by any I know :)  I'll be sure to keep folks updated on the situation in the coming weeks.  Ideally, I will be able to find a part-time job which will give me the finances I need, but allow me the freedom of time to be able to concentrate on my tattooing, and build that as my career.  If anything full-time were to present itself, then equally, that would be just as welcome :)  The really sad/funny thing about all this, is that not even 24 hours after loading my details to an online job site, I got an email with a scam job offer, trying to get my bank details out of me :bangin:  I clocked it as a scam pretty quickly, so ignored it, but it's crazy to think of the lengths these guys will go to to try and scam folks :lol::bangin:  

That's the problem with the world, the leaches

It is indeed...  The whole thing sounded really positive, paid training days (which was why they needed bank details up front), discounted travel etc, but when it said "For more information, go to the website" and there was no website, what was when I got skeptical...  A little google digging, and I found out that in addition to the other email scams, there were now job scams :o  I re-read the email, and the language wasn't quite right, nor was the idea of an international company using a yahoo email :lol:  I'm sure something will present itself, it's just that period in January which really had me scared...  Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated :good::drinks:

Many thanks, everything helps, and is very much appreciated :good::drinks:  My pp address is tjparkerchambers@googlemail.com  My most sincere thanks :good::drinks:

Got it T.. And sent. Merry Christmas to you. Hope everything pans out the way you want it to.

• Like 1

TeeJay

You might see if you can knock your email address off the posts now that the goal has been met.

Good luck!

Absolutely, and done :)  I couldn't possibly accept any more money than I needed :)  Thanks again to all who have helped, and equally to those who made offers after the goal was reached, it is appreciated more than I can possibly say :good::drinks:

Teejay, really sorry to hear about how things have gone, I've been through some really bad times myself and more than happy to help out in any way I can. You are one of the good guys!

Thanks, things really haven't worked out as I had hoped lately, I am just fortunate that the CBT was able to help me re-find my esteem enough to be seeking employment again :)  What David Cameron and Atos are doing to benefits claimants in the UK is positively criminal.  He has a lot of blood on his hands over this issue...

• Like 1