When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need help: An Update :)

TeeJay

Thanks, things really haven't worked out as I had hoped lately, I am just fortunate that the CBT was able to help me re-find my esteem enough to be seeking employment again :)  What David Cameron and Atos are doing to benefits claimants in the UK is positively criminal.  He has a lot of blood on his hands over this issue...

I hope things work out for you Teejay, we all go through rough times, it's better to ask for help than to bottle it all up or do something that we'd regret doing. I hear you on DC and Atos, the lib dems have absolutely no backbone either. I think the government target the most vunerable in society because the bstards know these the very people who are less likely to be able to gather en mass to shake them up a bit.

I'm in Ireland at the moment, and recently the morons running the country cut a Carers grant for disabled people to help pay for the basket case money pit banks. In reality they government was very clever in some ways, ...cut full time carers who can't protest (because they full time care!) and hope that it doesn't have a huge ripple effect as they are a minority anyway.

...So they cut the very people who are saving the state hundreds of millions, and they don't touch pen pushing middle management public service workers who don't even know their own job title......something is very wrong with society these days!

• Like 1

I hope things work out for you Teejay, we all go through rough times, it's better to ask for help than to bottle it all up or do something that we'd regret doing. I hear you on DC and Atos, the lib dems have absolutely no backbone either. I think the government target the most vunerable in society because the bstards know these the very people who are less likely to be able to gather en mass to shake them up a bit.

I'm in Ireland at the moment, and recently the morons running the country cut a Carers grant for disabled people to help pay for the basket case money pit banks. In reality they government was very clever in some ways, ...cut full time carers who can't protest (because they full time care!) and hope that it doesn't have a huge ripple effect as they are a minority anyway.

...So they cut the very people who are saving the state hundreds of millions, and they don't touch pen pushing middle management public service workers who don't even know their own job title......something is very wrong with society these days!

Thanks, I am indeed keeping my fingers crossed, and scouring the classified sections.  I'm currently only aiming at part-time work, as that will be sufficient to cover household contributions, and hopefully be more available than full-time posts...  Absolutely, the government is deliberately targeting the groups who it knows cannot fight back, and who will be hit the most severely by the cuts.  If they wanted to end the recession, rather than giving billions to bail out the banks, if they were to give everyone in the country £25K, on the provisions that it cannot be saved, and must be used to settle outstanding debts and to purchase things, thus boosting the economy, the issue would be solved.  Instead, DC seems determined to simply starve the sick and the needy out of existence.  I have no issue with them clamping down on the benefit fraudsters and the workshy who refuse to work, but the mandate Atos works to, of deliberately finding everyone fit to work, goes beyond negligence, and into the realms of corporate manslaughter, given the amount of people who have either died of complications of their conditions, or simply felt unable to continue and killed themselves...  To be honest, while ending things has not quite become a serious proposition for me, I can see how people in similar situations might feel that that is their only option if they are being left with no alternative support, and no hope...  I just hope that I will be able to find something before funds run out... 

TeeJay said, " I couldn't possibly accept any more money than I needed :)  "

Man - you're EXACTLY the kinda fella I'm so happy to help out. That' why I (and others) have said keep us posted as things move forward. Really do.

When we did something for our good friend JAG and now you - of course, the goal is not to make our watch forum a place for handouts... but there are lots of good folk here and if someone is truly in need we've got a way just by little bits here and there to help..without any one person going broke... I think it's a good thing.

I took 5 families out for gift buying this year... people who did'nt have much money. The largest family (with 5 members) did their shoping and the mom return $100 to me (i.e., the could have but didn't spend it all). Thrifty, thinking of others, not being greedy.... I was so impressed and happy with that family that today I took them all the money back, gave em' a gift basket and something else (forgot what). Love that kind of thinking.

Be well. Merry Christmas. Hope you find work and a way to move through the dark cloud... and, keep in touch if needs arise. Just PM me OK...

• Like 1

TeeJay said, " I couldn't possibly accept any more money than I needed :)  "

Man - you're EXACTLY the kinda fella I'm so happy to help out. That' why I (and others) have said keep us posted as things move forward. Really do.

When we did something for our good friend JAG and now you - of course, the goal is not to make our watch forum a place for handouts... but there are lots of good folk here and if someone is truly in need we've got a way just by little bits here and there to help..without any one person going broke... I think it's a good thing.

I took 5 families out for gift buying this year... people who did'nt have much money. The largest family (with 5 members) did their shoping and the mom return $100 to me (i.e., the could have but didn't spend it all). Thrifty, thinking of others, not being greedy.... I was so impressed and happy with that family that today I took them all the money back, gave em' a gift basket and something else (forgot what). Love that kind of thinking.

Be well. Merry Christmas. Hope you find work and a way to move through the dark cloud... and, keep in touch if needs arise. Just PM me OK...

Thanks for the ongoing offer, I shall certainly not forget it, although of course, I hope that I will not need to :)  And absolutely, I had been holding off on doing this for quite some time, because as you say, I didn't want people to think that I was just after a handout, and unwilling to do what it took to keep my own head above water...  As mentioned, I would willingly have sold all my reps to raise funds, but I know that in terms of resale, they would not get me anywhere near what I needed, so doing so would not have actually helped at all, likewise with regards luming or watch mods.  It would be soooo easy to just say "Sure, I can do that...", but then be in over my head, and unable to pay for repairs/replacement of anything I was to mess up, so I swore I would not offer my services as a modder until I had the cash to support any mistakes as I could never abuse the forum's hospitality or brethren in such a deliberate manner...  If I can make and sell a few straps, on the other hand, that might bring in a few $$s :)  And of course, when I am in the position to, I will be more than happy to  pay it forward, and assist a fellow brother in need :)

That's a fantastic gesture toward those families, I'm sure it was very much appreciated, and likewise, can totally understand how they gave you cash back, as once you get in the habit of having to be frugal, spending money becomes difficult.

Thanks, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas, and thank you again for your most generous offer of help, I can't say how much I appreciate it :good::drinks:

Best of luck TeeJay if you need any additional help do let us and know. Have a safe and sound Christmas 

Thanks, I'm hoping the right opportunity will present itself, and very much keeping my fingers crossed, but the additional offers of help are very much appreciated :good::drinks:

• 5 weeks later...

Time for an update :)

Well, it's been an interesting few weeks...  My tribunal is Tuesday, and my final letter to them has been sent off.  Fortunately, last week there was a parliamentary debate where many MPs considered Atos to be 'unfit for purpose', and the shocking number of deaths following 'assessments' have come to light, most shockingly, one poor woman who suffered from Crohns was told by an Atos 'assessor' that she "could always wear a nappy to work..."  :shock: I don't think there are words to describe such lack of consideration or dignity towards a fellow Human being, but I am hoping it will help re-enforce my case that I was seen by someone ill-qualified to diagnose or assess with issues I had been suffering from, so while I am trying to keep a positive outlook, I am still very much keeping my fingers crossed...  On the job front, things are up and down...  While applications have been made and rejected, I am hoping to be able to make some nice straps to sell, and equally, hoping that my tattooing will take off.  At the moment, I have an ongoing project with a friend who, as she cannot afford 'business rates', the designs she wants done, are considerably sized and will make excellent portfolio pieces when completed, so by helping her out by doing the work at cost price, I am not only getting some decent pieces in my portfolio, but additionally, professional quality photos of me actually working, which will be as valuable to my portfolio as any designs executed :)  Additionally, another friend has asked me to assist them with a film-making project next month, and will be paying me to assist, and while that will not be long-term work, it will be helpful :)  Do I still need help?  To be honest, yes I do, but I do not want to ask...  I am keeping as positive as possible under the circumstances though, and after the parliamentary debate, I am really hoping that the previous decision will be overturned, and equally, hoping that once my tattoo portfolio can be uploaded, it will draw interest :)  I must once again say a truly heartfelt thankyou to all those who helped me, I am truly in your debt :good::drinks: