When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Photos - Full body / Upper body shots!

fraggle42

Come on guys, can you post some photos of you wearing your watch so newbies like me can get an idea of how big the watches look when worn? Full body photos or upper body photos I find are best to get an idea of scale, crop your head off if you don't want to be identified:) The close ups of the watches and of watches on wrists are great but I can't get a good idea of scale, the close photos make the watches look about 50% bigger than they are sometimes! Cheers, Richard Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't been weighed or measured in a while...  I'm about six foot something, and a few pounds heavier than I should be, but not obese...

Wifey took this one about a year ago while we were out, it wasn't a posed shot (although it would make an awesome author shot for a dust jacket :D )

Tudor Heritage Chrono:

DustJacket-Copy.jpg

I took this one a few months ago while getting tatted up...

Modified GMT II:

DSCN4792.jpg

One other thought.....throw a couple of watches on your wrist (that you already own) and snap pics of your self. That gives yu the best sense whether you like the look of a larger watch on you. Remember, that even when someone gors to the trouble to tell you height and weight it still is difficult to relate to you. The funny thing I have found is that no watch looks truly too small when looking at a larger picture of yourself. The real question is what do you think looks silly when you go big. And only you know whether you care whether it fis under a shirt sleeve or overhangs your wrist.

• Like 1

I realised I've never taken decent photos of my current watches so dug out the camera gear and then found the batteries for the macro flash kit are dead.

Damn! A visit tomorrow on the way home from work will sort out some new ones :)

Current watches are

Citizen EcoDrive GN 4W S (imported american model)

http://p1.la-img.com/368/25732/9519321_2_l.jpg

Seiko Titanium 7t62

A little bit like this one http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8AqtxtfZNZ7tujYpCpK7_ezh5C_E8ahUeCKTYoR5MVf-gEwcF_H0ktPFq

Casio Giez G Shock GS1100

http://www.watchtm.com/images/watches/images_db/big/s204_casiogs11001a.jpg

And the first decent watch I bought, Citizen 6850-GB1317 GN-4-5 titanium

(can't find photo)

This last watch I still absolutely love. The case is about 5mm thick and the whole thing weighs less than an AA battery, lovely :)

It doesn't get worn much now as it's rather fragile after I took it to Timpson in Milton Keynes for a battery change and it came back not working with the hands loose, and their "repair" wasn't, all it did was mark the dial, hands and crystal. The last place I took it to couldn't get parts for it so I think it's a bit ill permanently now.

I haven't been weighed or measured in a while...  I'm about six foot something, and a few pounds heavier than I should be, but not obese...

Wifey took this one about a year ago while we were out, it wasn't a posed shot (although it would make an awesome author shot for a dust jacket :D )

Tudor Heritage Chrono:

DustJacket-Copy.jpg

I took this one a few months ago while getting tatted up...

Modified GMT II:

DSCN4792.jpg

I am 5'11 and 165lbs. Yes a tad willowy compared with you my brother but you can be sure I won't get in your face if we have a disagreement over the beauty of Audi cars. :D :D

I am 5'11 and 165lbs. Yes a tad willowy compared with you my brother but you can be sure I won't get in your face if we have a disagreement over the beauty of Audi cars. :D :D

Good to see you posting, brother, I hope life's been treating you well :good::drinks:

This is a very strange thread. I think there's interest in more than just rep watches going on here.

Naff off!!!

I'm strictly hetro and have no interest in blokes bodies! And if I was I'd have no problem coming right out and saying it, sweetie! :)

I am interested in not buying something that looks like I've tied a frying pan to my wrist.

Well some ppl use a different type of wristy when looking at things like this........ :p wow am I a sick person.

Never thought of that sort of wristy MD .........   :g: ...........ok yeh me too lol ! 

Thanks for the pics guys, after getting some idea of what a 40/44mm watch looks like on an adult wrist (from these photos and googling) I've taken the plunge and ordered two reps.

Daytona Pro Hunter with red writing Mk2 and a BCE two tone, brown dial with sticks, both from Joshua. I like the way the gold and brown go nicely together on the BCE!

And now I'll forget about them for a month, apart from getting and examining the QC pics :D