When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comex Dial options - Which is more accurate?

danielv2000

Gathering the parts for a 1665 Comex Sea Dweller.  Looking for your help on accuracy of the dial.  I've done some homework and have a preference but will let others chime in.

Also, any other options out there?

Thanks

NDT - Dial

dial1665comexndt.jpg

MQ Dial

dialrolexcomexmq.jpg

Phong dial

comexphong.jpg

Gen dial - what a beauty!

comexgen.jpg

Overall, number 2 looks best to me. The Comex lettering on gens is always painted gloss black, not flat & not simply the background color bleeding through. Most aftermarket dials get this wrong. But, as always, each of the dials contains inaccuracies & you should research gens so you can make the best selection for you.

I agree # 2 looks the best AFA the Comex lettering and color. What are you going to use case wise?
I have an old school MBW 1665 that's been sitting in the drawer for about 12 months. Lugs have been drilled and the case softened a bit. My only issue is no one, and I mean no one is wiling to do the HEV drill mod for me. It appears to be a pain the ass!! I have the HE valve ready to go, gen crown, gen tube, gen crystal, gen insert, gen 1570 movement. I am down to hands and dial and the damn HEV! Any other case options?

• 3 weeks later...