When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! New Planet Ocean Ceramic Coming!

cougar1

This is so exciting, but launching them before CNY is a bit mean!

Catching up on the thread it looks like they're palming off QC onto customers, and hoping some schmuck will take the bads ones.

The bloated logo is not ideal.  Good catch.

The AR on the 45 is awful, is that right?  That's gutting if so.

Does anyone know if the "1" on the dw is accurate on these?

The font seems to be correct but the dw still seems a little 'off', will see more when I get it, it looks obviously weak and possibly a little too big vs the gen which is more glossy/bolder/smaller and silver on the black background.

This is so exciting, but launching them before CNY is a bit mean!

Catching up on the thread it looks like they're palming off QC onto customers, and hoping some schmuck will take the bads ones.

The bloated logo is not ideal.  Good catch.

The AR on the 45 is awful, is that right?  That's gutting if so.

Absolutely, bit of a chaotic mess alright, the 45mm without any AR is a major mess up, that in itself is a real let down for anotherwise flawed but nice watch. Especially since the 42mm looks to have some of the best double AR on a rep!??

The logo is a mystery, afaik the logo and lettering are same size on 45mm gen as 42mm (they might look bigger on 42mm gen but I don't think its the case, just more bunched up dial giving that effect) and yet on the reps they go for a pretty accurate logo for the 45mm, and a bloated one for the 42mm!? Sometimes they do the more awkward thing than the obvious thing! Why not use the 45mm logo/letterings across all models!

The font seems to be correct but the dw still seems a little 'off', will see more when I get it, it looks obviously weak and possibly a little too big vs the gen which is more glossy/bolder/smaller and silver on the black background.

Absolutely, bit of a chaotic mess alright, the 45mm without any AR is a major mess up, that in itself is a real let down for anotherwise flawed but nice watch. Especially since the 42mm looks to have some of the best double AR on a rep!??

Just received mine. Initial impressions, mixed, both very good and very bad aspects. I'm not gonna do a review now but maybe during the week, lighting is crap and I can't take photos anyway so neither is helping.

Just a few initial feelings and impressions about the watches, and I'll be brutally honest cos that is what we want right? I'm not gonna be hyper critical vs gen, but I am vs the current best reps.

Really good AR on the 42mm, pretty poor in comparison on the 45mm! Guess we knew all that!

The dials really pop with good AR. To me the 45mm seems to have better more crisp cut logos/markers than the 42mm though. Specifically the Omega lettering is much crisper/better on the 45mm, guess what they are
the same size, so why didn't they just use the same lettering on 42mm as on the 45mm?. But that is nitpicking a little, still, little things that could be improved right? The pearls are not bad at all, the fact that they are better centred in general than old makes them look so much better. The rotor is actually surprisingly nice, well cut and and looks good for what it is. Much more worrying is that the crown/tube on the 42mm doesn't feel good at all, the 45mm feels significantly better with about 8 solid turns. The 42mm both have couple of half turns, and doesn't feel particularly solid....not good feedback or feel. I don't know if this is a one off, but since I bought two 42mm I doubt it. ????

Initial impressions of the bracelet are poor, the clasp doesn't feel much better than the old and they actually feel tinny and poorly cut. The bracelet itself has good endlinks and pretty good midlinks but leaves a bit to be desired. Not against gen here but I'm actually comparing to something like the noob explorer II bracelet which I've been wearing the past few days and that feels like a work of art in comparison. More feedback on this PO bracelet after I've worn it for a while. The stampings/engraving are good on the 45mm...but poor on the 42mm. Feels half hearted attempt.

Watches look really good in the flesh and they pop much more than you'd expect, definitely have a quality look to them. The quality feel though I'll reserve a bit of judgement on that.

45mm vs 42mm

b24rxAt.jpg

45mm

lz3wm8s.jpg

42mm

MvaoIZU.jpg

42mm

n7cb0II.jpg

Just received my Blue Ti but there was a problem!!!  The logo was way off the O in Omega looks to be falling off..  I contacted Joshua and he will be sorting it out.. This piece is heading back to china.  The Ti is amazing in person. i was able to replicate the color change in different lighting as per the gen ...  The finish of this watch is great I wish the logo wasnt crooked  cause now i have to wait longer... The AR is not the best but its also not the worst ive seen. This is a solid piece ....  I've been wearing a milgauss for the last year so I've got use to the smaller size. I'm seriously thinking thinking of purchasing the 42mm for daily wear. 

post-7179-0-72013300-1360627542_thumb.jp

post-7179-0-53996700-1360627571_thumb.jp

post-7179-0-60095700-1360627598_thumb.pn

post-7179-0-84536200-1360627658_thumb.jp

post-7179-0-56595700-1360627670_thumb.jp

Nice pics Kuba! Is it me or does the AR look better on the Blue Ti? Kuba how is the weight? Is it really titanium?

Like i said before the AR is not as bad as i expected.. the weight is nice feels like a quality piece.  I just ordered the 42mm from Andrew. I think im going to keep the one i like the most then catch and release the other.  I think i may lean towards the 42mm because I've got use to smaller watches.

@Cougar what's better iyho 42 or 45?

Hard question to answer Indy, I'll definitely try give more info on both during the week, and there isn't much in it but I think the 45mm is a little better overall than the 42mm, but the 42mm has the huge advantage of proper AR. The dial/markers/crown/tube/bezel markers/bracelet stampings are better on the 45mm! Some things just a little better, others such as the crown/tube feel much better.

I meant to ask 82Kuba, how does the screw down on the crown/tube feel on the blue Ti?

Hard question to answer Indy, I'll definitely try give more info on both during the week, and there isn't much in it but I think the 45mm is a little better overall than the 42mm, but the 42mm has the huge advantage of proper AR. The dial/markers/crown/tube/bezel markers/bracelet stampings are better on the 45mm! Some things just a little better, others such as the crown/tube feel much better.

I meant to ask 82Kuba, how does the screw down on the crown/tube feel on the blue Ti?

The crown felt fine and smooth. A bit tight towards the end but a bit of oil would help. I plan on soaking the bracelets on both watches once they arrive. 

DMS the pics look great I love the pumpkin bezel! The bezel dot looks perfectly centered! However I can't deal with the large Cheerio O in the Omega that was a deal breaker for me so I went for the 45mm.  I just received my 45mm black and will be posting a short review soon. Initial thoughts as we all knew the AR is weak on the 45mm.