When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Milgauss 6541? What do you think?

Nanuq

I've looked this over a lot during the last 24 hours.  It's not a gen case, and some other details are iffy at best.

But I see some verrrrrrry nice parts there.

:g:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-rolex-6541-/150987222931?

The word MILGAUSS is too high on the dial so I agree it's fake.

That bezel would be HAWT for a 6538 build.  :g:

And getting your hands on that movement for a low price?  Win/win/win.

Buy the seller...look at his feedback profile. Many of the items he sells are new designer brands (could be reps). Also not the best feedback profile, and the one watch he's sold recently had neutral feedback claiming the watch he sold wasn't new as described.

Between the seller's low number of previous sales (I did not check to see what the previous items were) & defocused pics, I suspect this is a scam waiting to happen. So, if someone is considering this for the movement alone, I would be prepared to receive something less than you are expecting.

The case isn't even close to the right shape for a Milgauss... and it's bid up over $4,000 already!  Holy smokes!

Someone must reeeeeeally want that movement and the (guessing) Phong bezel.

Good lookin out, gentlemen! I would never have known any of the aspects you all brought up. I have my dream watch in mind, and I would be devastated if I spent a bunch of money only to find out is was on aftermarket parts and a gen movement. Just one more reason I love this place and all the knowledge that I can gain from members here.

Obviously the pleas of the reporters have fallen on deaf ears, It's at 4150.00 USD with over 2 days to go. this guy is a scammer. There isn't much on that one that's real Milgauss. Some poor sap is going to be in for a real surprise when he shows this one off to his watch buddies, better yet takes it into an AD to see about getting the bracelet repaired!! Gonna be a heap ah weeping, wailing and gnashing of the teeth, right before that Paypal dispute gets filed!!! 

Good lookin out, gentlemen! I would never have known any of the aspects you all brought up. I have my dream watch in mind, and I would be devastated if I spent a bunch of money only to find out is was on aftermarket parts and a gen movement. Just one more reason I love this place and all the knowledge that I can gain from members here.

All I can tell you is 1) Ebay is a minefield, it's the wild west with scammers and con artists everywhere. Couple that with folks who are buying stuff at garage sales and junk outlets then cleaning the junk up a little and listing it on Ebay with inaccurate and pumped up descriptions. Case in point, read the guys description of the Milgauss. He talks like the band has one little problem. unfortunately, it looks like there are other bad links, and the photos are so poor, you really can't tell much about anything. this is a common scammer trick, slightly out of focus photos, bad angles that don't let you see the flaws. If you aren't sure about what you're looking at, don't bid!!!! 2) There are lots of very, very knowledgable watch experts on this forum. If you find something that you really think is what you want, by all means provide a link or photos, some of the folks here will let you know pretty darn quick if it's being sold as something it's not.  3) Read, research and make yourself if not and expert, at least knowledgable about the watches you're interested in. you might miss some of the little subtle points, but you will be much less likely to get taken in by some con artist.

• Like 1

Well, someone out there is out 4300$.. Sad.. I'm a bit surprised that with a minimum of 3 complaints that the seller is up to no good ebay still didn't pull it. Can't say we didn't warn them, I wonder how long it will take the buyer to figure out what he bought.

I wonder if we'll see an auction later this month for a bunch of "Milgauss 6541 parts" and no movement?  :g:

Those movements are scarce, but not THAT kind of scarce.

I bet the buyer is going to open the box and find this inside (photo borrowed from Ken)

MLPSingnDance.JPG