When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Ceramic QC pics

nwolf1716

I think this is going to be a fun piece. AR mod is def. going to be needed. I've been out of the game for a while now last time K222 did one for me.  Who does AR now ?  

Are gen parts available for the current model ceramic POs ?? Im having wild dreams of a custom Ti Pumpkin post-7179-0-67555600-1360194569_thumb.jp  :)

post-7179-0-23621000-1360194581_thumb.jp

post-7179-0-47635800-1360194592_thumb.jp

post-7179-0-15007900-1360194622_thumb.jp

post-7179-0-71729000-1360194630_thumb.jp

Cougar, how do you straighten out the omega logo?  How is it attached to the face?

It's usually applied via pin holes so it's a case of taking off the dial and pushing it out a little from the pin holes at the back of the dial. Then straighten from there. Crude way is to check if it is not applied steady on the pins from the front...without taking off the dial, sometimes they can be moved a tad from there. tbh it would be a case of probably leaving it for a while and then doing a few mods that might improve the watch a little overall, i.e, gen pearl and gen date wheel...and then do the straightening.

I think this is going to be a fun piece. AR mod is def. going to be needed. I've been out of the game for a while now last time K222 did one for me.  Who does AR now ?  

Are gen parts available for the current model ceramic POs ?? Im having wild dreams of a custom Ti Pumpkin attachicon.gifTi 1.jpg  :)

Nice! Dial looks very sweet. AR is hard to get done these days, K222 is long gone, taka not doing it anymore and not too sure about chief! Uwe in Germany doing it and as Wiz in France. tbh the hope would be someone like sunnydale would possibly get a run done in the future if there is no improvements directly from the factory. His AR is very good.

It's usually applied via pin holes so it's a case of taking off the dial and pushing it out a little from the pin holes at the back of the dial. Then straighten from there. Crude way is to check if it is not applied steady on the pins from the front...without taking off the dial, sometimes they can be moved a tad from there. tbh it would be a case of probably leaving it for a while and then doing a few mods that might improve the watch a little overall, i.e, gen pearl and gen date wheel...and then do the straightening.

Nice! Dial looks very sweet. AR is hard to get done these days, K222 is long gone, taka not doing it anymore and not too sure about chief! Uwe in Germany doing it and as Wiz in France. tbh the hope would be someone like sunnydale would possibly get a run done in the future if there is no improvements directly from the factory. His AR is very good.

Do think a gen crystal from the older 45.5 PO would fit this case ?

Do think a gen crystal from the older 45.5 PO would fit this case ?

i'm curious too if the those gen parts that are available from cousinuks or ofrei which the current UPO v5 accepts could also be installed on these new CPOs?

Good questions, I doubt previous gen parts such as older crystal will be installable in this but you never know, afaik this with new model and its different case build has a slightly wider bezel than the previous model, making the crystal a little less wide, that would be on the gen model though, with the reps who knows. I'm hoping that eventually the factories will put the same AR as is on the 42 rep onto the 45 rep, seems crazy not to. Somewhere along the line it seems the 45 rep crystals were sourced from a different supplier than the 42mm rep crystals, this supplier either didn't bother to coat or tried to save money by not coating as well. This will surely be rectified soon enough. Its unusual to have a 1:1 type project where the rep crystal AR is nothing like the gen or 42m, something is very off in this regard. The dealers might be able to supply a separate AR'd rep crystal to first buyers of the 45mm when they are done.

As for gen parts being available on cousinsuk/ofrei for these in future, that looks highly unlikely to happen. Omega have become restrictive on parts now for new models, as production has gone inhouse, they may be available 2nd hand as service parts in the future, but it's highly unlikely they will ever be offered in the same way as it was with the old model. Either way I heard from someone who has a contact in Bienne that even service parts now would be very expensive, e.g. around $800+ for a Ceramic bezel or thereabouts.

So the 5th gen/UPO will probably be the last of the last fully frankenable rep PO's. Small stuff like pearl mods from any older model bezel as a doner would still be doable though.

Also if doing a dw mod the calibre 2500d PO dws are available from ofrei and should fit this rep:

http://www.ofrei.com/page1596.html

i would say 100% that the 45mm has single or no AR, the 42mm has double AR...and with a pleasing blue tint...looking at some real world pics of these 2 reps, im wondering if they have used the crystal from the 45mm original UPO and the v5 42mm planet ocean...both of which accept genuine crystals (from the original genuine planet oceans...) if so, the original genuine crystal available from cousinsuk etc would fit the new ceramic PO's...

TD or not, the qc pics of the 45mm show little or no AR coating...take a pic of a watch with double AR and the crystal will all but disappear...take a pic of a watch with inner or no AR and you will see a white glare with mirror effect...thats why on the qc pics posted, you can see the refelection of the camera on the 45mm, and pretty much no reflection of the camera on the 42mm...the 45mm definitely does not have good AR, if at all...another big point is that the white glare you see on the pics would appear purple/blue if it had the full AR treatment of the 42mm...

Edited by bamcky2k

no probs buddy! TD's will give good service, get you your watch to you etc instead of just running off with your cash! but sometimes actual real world pictures take center stage over descriptions on the websites...if the crystals are from the older planet oceans like i said earlier, the older genuine planet ocean cystals should fit these cases...

Edited by bamcky2k

cousinsuk in the uk, ofrei in the US...as i said i have a funny feeling the crystals used on these are the same as the ones used in the previous replica 45mm and 42mm planet oceans...both of which you could fit a genuine crystal to...if thats the case, that same genuine crystal should fit this new case...but until someone pays out the £160 odd to try for certain we wont know! suppose you could always measure the crystal diameter and compare it the genuine...the AR on the new 42mm rep is pretty damn good though, just a shame about the 45mm...especially as some of the larger new breitling rep crystals have absolutley superb crystals installed in them...

I'd wait till we see the watches first before we know anything for sure about AR's, As far as I can see so far, the 42mm could have AR as good as sunnys and anyway not sure the older gen spec will fit on the 45mm. ;) Some good example pics coming out to give people a preview. Both look exceptionally well built watches!

btw I hate robbing and posting other peoples pics but these guys are not on forum here, and the only people who seem to have received so far are those in Asia/Australia.

Thank's for the photos guys!

I've taken few more shots to show the other details of the watch, hope you guys like it. smile.png

42mm

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_01_zps4f96d331.jp

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_02_zps8b49833f.jp

Side profile showing the crown

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_03_zpsc9d1c7f6.jp

Side profile showing the HE valve, the HE valve can be unscrewed but can't be removed.

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_04_zps1c0fecd6.jp

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_05_zps58a0e5b8.jp

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_06_zpsb71a7fed.jp

DSC_0268_resize_zpse482b7aa.jpg

Lug/bracelet fitting, very nicely done.

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_07_zps9e7b0893.jp

Caseback/movement shot, 858 endlinks, better than the v5 PO

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_08_zps08491e3f.jp

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_09_zpsbb43828b.jp

Thin laser engravings, sapphire glass caseback, beautiful pearlage in the movement

DSC_0275_resize_zps1efdfce8.jpg

Clasp engraving

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_010_zps079045e4.j

DSC_0273_resize_zps0e166bcc.jpg

..and the wristie

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_011_zps4e8b6ff2.j

OmegaSeamasterCrPO42mm_012_zpsfd957476.j

45mm (mattr845)

HI Guys

Just got this today so ruff PICS and HD video.This watch is excellent
quality. I have tried on and nearly bought the chrono version, also seen
this non chrono version in the flesh so I see this as very close to
gen.

The faults, these are things a gen owner or omega enthusiast would pick
up on with 9 out of ten people wont have a clue, these are only the back
case LM text, movement and movement decoration text "adjuste dto fiye"(
decoration text not visible with case back on) also the pearl but for
this sort of money its amazing.

I am very new to posting all comment s very welcome

QC pic below showing time accuracy is from rwg Trusty Time, my order
took 8 days to arrive, near instant comms well within 10-15mins most the
time., but please bare in mind your time differents with china.

Hope you enjoy

Click the link below pics for the Hd video (i cant seem to embed but
**** it, if it doesnt work its only a click away. link below all the
pics) unwrapping and time setting

DSCF1549_zps26d0721f.jpg

95486eac-c720-428b-8b9d-76b878908ae7_zps

DSCF1550_zps9a022195.jpg

DSCF1552_zpscc9952a7.jpg

DSCF1555_zps3b51678d.jpg

DSCF1557_zps2488542d.jpg

DSCF1560_zpsbad6a1d0.jpg

DSCF1563_zps0307a73e.jpg