When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Ceramic QC pics

nwolf1716

Well I'm pleased to say that Joshua has replaced the happy feet PO with a correct one. I received new QC pics today. All is ok this time :)

Phew!

Just got back on this thread today, really pleased Josh put this right for you mate, bloody nightmare with that logo, all's well that end's well  :inverted:

@ cougar1 -  I agree with you mate, the rush to get this first batch out made me nervous to put an order in, reckon there will be a few dodgy ones doing the rounds in a couple weeks ! On the plus side there have been some beaut looking pieces come up on Qc pics really nice ones, waiting for the rush to subside gives me the shits mind, no patience    :crazy:

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments, guys. Most appreciated. I don't often complain, it's only when I feel something is unfair or preventable.

Makers and sellers (a number of TDs have been less than rosy IMO) need to be more switched on about what goes out the door. Having a rush on shouldn't mean that standards are lowered.

I'm glad that the situation has been resolved. :)

Sorry to thread-jack to the OP

The thing that is bothering me now is the thick "Omega" text. It's especially noticeable on the 'O': compare the size of the hole to gen photos and you'll see a big difference. The one I have ordered has this as well, everything else looks nice. Probably shouldn't complain since the product photos on the ordering page show this flaw as well, but it's still nagging me. Let's see how it turns out in real.

The trouble is, these aren't watch to watch QC issues per se, (as in, we're not gonna get one with a proper cut unfortunatey!) these are production issues across the board on that 42m, every 42mm rep has that bulky OMEGA unfortunately. Why they let it happen I do not know, especially when similar sized reps such as smp chrono and Hont's recent LM PO had that lettering cut very close to gen, it would've been easier to copy that template.... it looks better cut on the 45mm tbh.

Here is a recent Hont LM rep, a cheap poorish rep, but with a nice dial, it had a much more accurate cut to gen and it was about the right size for the 42mm ceramic aswell.

ZLuWsCF.jpg

Edited by cougar1

Yep, that's the usual 82, eventually you'll get a good one, but with cny that takes time..... one of mine,  the 45mm, I could only see on one pic, it was obscured on the others but the 12 marker and top of logo looked damaged, dented or scratched. So I rejected aswell holding up everything, the replacement had a slightly crooked logo, but otherwise fine so I thought I'll just take it and straighten it, couldn't be bothered waiting any longer.

I ordered mine from Andrew, in fairness he was quick off the mark and corrected it early, pretty good fast service. Only hope they clear china before the major hold up starts.

btw new models out now, blue and pumpkin, both on Josh and A's sites.

WOW !!!  i just asked Joshua if i could pay the difference for the Blue Ti model... Hopefully it works out 

Looks very good to me scarface, but the omega logo does looks a little tilted in the first pic, just slightly but it is tilted. It's a pity as the watch is one of the best so far I've seen. Whether you want to accept it with the tilted logo is up to you. You're right on the happy feet though, only a couple so far, but a good few tilted correct logos like yours are coming out. If it was me I'd accept and straighten the logo, but up to you.

I'm sorry, I think that Omega logo is more than just a little tilted.  I noticed it right away.  I would reject that one for sure...

I'm sorry, I think that Omega logo is more than just a little tilted.  I noticed it right away.  I would reject that one for sure...

Oh it is! but that's the balancing thing here, he was happy with the QC, I was just pointing out that was tilted(which he didn't mention...), after that he can do as he sees fit. In this case the watch QC looks very good with one of the best pearls I've seen so I personally I would accept it and straighten the logo, but everyone is different.

The balancing thing with these atm seems to be between getting a good one and getting one quickly. I'm sure once the initial craze and cny ends people will be a lot more rigid on what they accept. Also I think we are now being brought back down to the reality of reps whereas at the start everyone was comparing QC pics to gens, it's all a compromise, 42mm has worse omega lettering but better AR, 45mm has worse AR than 42mm but better pearl and logos etc!

The pumpkin It's gonna be!

It looks very nice! Good choice!

Blue Ti on the way But i Just regected my first QC photos due to crooked markers... 3rd set of photos I've rejected so far ... I never rejected a set of QC photos before

Good stuff keep us posted, very interested in that. Lots of ironing out to be done with all these PO's in the coming months, rarely seen such a chaotic rush to get such a popular watch out within a couple of days of CNY. Mad stuff. Must be several hundred orders gone in with just 2 dealers since the weekend, and then they go and release more yesterday!! QC doesn't seem to be well, the best quality, or very well controlled ;)

Oh it is! but that's the balancing thing here, he was happy with the QC, I was just pointing out that was tilted(which he didn't mention...), after that he can do as he sees fit. In this case the watch QC looks very good with one of the best pearls I've seen so I personally I would accept it and straighten the logo, but everyone is different.

The balancing thing with these atm seems to be between getting a good one and getting one quickly. I'm sure once the initial craze and cny ends people will be a lot more rigid on what they accept. Also I think we are now being brought back down to the reality of reps whereas at the start everyone was comparing QC pics to gens, it's all a compromise, 42mm has worse omega lettering but better AR, 45mm has worse AR than 42mm but better pearl and logos etc!

Cougar, how do you straighten out the omega logo?  How is it attached to the face?