When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Minh

cc33

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just send him money for a PN dial. You will probably see my crying in a week... :bangin:

Probably, no joke, he just sent me an email saying that he needs 600$ to 'redo the dial I put in the oven. At first he told me to keep it and sent me a 'replacement' that was exactly the same so now he wants 600$ to replace a 50$ dial. I told him to go _ himself. I have no patience for this piece of shit and I don't feel like arguing back and forth. As far as I'm concerned he is a slimy disgusting joke of a dealer. I'm actually buying a phong case to put the guts of my 6538 into because the though of walking around with Minh's parts on my wrist disgusts me.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Probably, no joke, he just sent me an email saying that he needs 600$ to 'redo the dial I put in the oven. At first he told me to keep it and sent me a 'replacement' that was exactly the same so now he wants 600$ to replace a 50$ dial. I told him to go _ himself. I have no patience for this piece of [censored] and I don't feel like arguing back and forth. As far as I'm concerned he is a slimy disgusting joke of a dealer. I'm actually buying a phong case to put the guts of my 6538 into because the though of walking around with Minh's parts on my wrist disgusts me.

+1

As i said, he is a clown!!!

"...DW's dial's are far more worth the price!!!"

"Better off buying a MBW/mbk watch and throwing the extra money at our great modders. [censored] these phoney scumbags."          

+1

As for $300, $500, $1000 dials...I can not afford them and can live with a $140 Yuki dial. If it is a little ragged around the luminous dots, everyday scratches on the acrylic crystal will help mask it. My Yuki, IG44 and MBK dials look about as good 'on the arm' as my genuine dials because of the age of the genuine dials. The lettering on the genuine dials looks a little better under the loupe but then you can also see all the age spots, scratches etc from the past 35 or 40 years.

When I compare today's 'affordable' dials (Yuki, IG44 etc) to dials I had refinished in the past, the 'affordable' dials are a giant step ahead of the refinished dials for not much more $$ so this is another reason to be happy with them. I bought a Yuki 1016 dial from 'ogladio' a few weeks ago and it is not a whole lot different from my 20/25 year old nos genuine 1016 tritium dial. A rolexpert could probably spot the Yuki dial in a few seconds but I would rather bleach out a Yuki dial than a nos genuine dial wearing it in the sun and $ell the nos dial to a rolexpert while they are still in demand.

All well and good, but if you are after a decent Newman dial Minh is still the only chick in the wXore house. Ingod and Phong are just lacking too much in the details if you have already poured thousands down the drain for your built. For standard Daytona dials I would always go gen as the price difference between rep and gen is marginal in comparison to the quality gained. Unfortunately this is not an option for Newman dials.... 

Edited by dropbear2008

All well and good, but if you are after a decent Newman dial Minh is still the only chick in the wXore house. Ingod and Phong are just lacking too much in the details if you have already poured thousands down the drain for your built. For standard Daytona dials I would always go gen as the price difference between rep and gen is marginal in comparison to the quality gained. Unfortunately this is not an option for Newman dials....

True, update, I called him and blasted him about his very strange behaviour. He ended telling me to send both dials back in their present state and he will refund my full amount, that's good if that's what ends up happening. I couldn't go back to sleep after reading his email about the 600$ replacement cost of the 50$ dial I put in the oven. Having said all that I realize I'm partially at fault for cooking the first dial but to be fair he did tell me to keep it.. I tend to get very upset very quickly and I need to work on that. I don't play games with people, I'm very straight so when I don't get that same treatment back I get upset. I hope to be more patient in the future. I think the biggest frustration is the language barrier.. When you just want to spew your thoughts out but you can't, you have to articulate every word it's not fun.