When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6538 Case review : Phong's vs Tiger

Athaya

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Lol, you're the best!

My friend, i tell you in about a secret, just between you and me ok!

without the "lol" in your comment, that is what my wife says to me in bed all the time :D

Hi Adrian,

Welcome onboard, just a quick Thank you for the fantastic service you provided supplying the 2 brevet crowns i purchased from you a while ago. Nanuq has The Zigmeister fitted it on that 6538 yet??? ;)

@denihhead, thank you :)

@cc33, the dial looks hot... oh man.. you will just hurt my wallet more :(

Welcome to RWG Athaya, Thank you for the pics.

I was going to ask whether anybody has tried to finish the rear of these crowns with the flower petal look that is seen on the rear of genuine crowns.

PvsT_30.JPG

I find it looks great! The way the gen crowns reflection refracts light is something quite fancy. I've grown attached to my 700 crown for the same reason.

It reminds of the way the rehaut reflects the dial markers on genuine subs. I was amazed when I bought a gen 16610LV how much better it looked than a rep in this area.

I've got a planned method I was going to try to add this to your 6154 crown when the case set arrives. Could it be done at manufacturing?

Edited by Red Series 3

i cant wait to see the finished product! the tiger case set looks a abit like those Cartel vintage sub. wish smebody could post their yuki build for comparison. last i asked Yuki about the price - he said its 800 with customised engraving. phong's would be around 1250?

i cant wait to see the finished product! the tiger case set looks a abit like those Cartel vintage sub. wish smebody could post their yuki build for comparison. last i asked Yuki about the price - he said its 800 with customised engraving. phong's would be around 1250?

I am sure if Athaya can perfect the flaws on phong case, he will go ahead with this project in no time. So calling all the Rolex pros for more accurate inputs. Best of all, he asking price will be very affordable.......fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

This looks Great!!!

What bezel is on this? Looks nice and Brassy, is it a Gen?.

Mac

The 1030 is what that case was made for so a skilled watchmaker should be able to fit it in for you. The dial is very important, I can reccomend a good one based on your price range. Gl with it! This is what mine looks like

The 1030 is what that case was made for so a skilled watchmaker should be able to fit it in for you. The dial is very important, I can reccomend a good one based on your price range. Gl with it! This is what mine looks like

• 8 months later...

I might sell one of them one of these days, but for now I'm having way too much fun. This is the dial for the next build. Have a phong case and gen 8mm crown. Im still looking for a gen bezel and 1030

My one regret in 2013 is missing out on CC's dial.  If anyone wants to let go of theirs, it'll really make my 2014!  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...