When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

J U S T... W A N T E D... T O...

TwoTone

... take a moment and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Even for those who don't celebrate this particular holiday...

It's good to stop and pause through out the year and count our blessings...

And as corny as this may sound...

I count the friends I've made here on RWG a blessing...

I spent some time this evening reading through Neil's thread...

And re-confirmed my own belief...

That where people gather, relationships happen...

You, the members here, are a great group of folks, and I for one am truly glad to be apart of this community...

Thank you for all that you give...

May peace & prosperity dwell among you and your familes this holiday season...

Sincerely,

Mike

Thank you Mike, A very Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, and to all the members of RWG the world over. There is much that we have to be thankful for. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excuse my ignorance here but what exactly is Thanksgiving for? Is it to celebrate the first Europeans settling in North America? Is it a religious event? Just curious.

Anyhoo, happy day to all you lot on the other side of the pond. Do Canadians have Thanksgiving?

Of course being from the land downunder Thanksgiving is not celebrated here but to you Mike and indeed all my American friends I wish you good and wonderful things for this festive season. :)

Ken

You'd be surprised Ken ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all :thumbsupsmileyanim: Up over, Down Under, Over Yonder, and Wherever!!!

Excuse my ignorance here but what exactly is Thanksgiving for? Is it to celebrate the first Europeans settling in North America? Is it a religious event? Just curious.

Anyhoo, happy day to all you lot on the other side of the pond. Do Canadians have Thanksgiving?

It celebrates Columbus landing in America (and kicking the sh!t out of the native Indians). :boxing: Ok - that's a joke (the Indians part) - but it's just a day when people get together and gives "thanks" for what they have.

It's also the single busiest travel day in the US.

Most folks sit around and watch NFL football and have a big turkey dinner.

It's not a religious day at all.

And yes - they DO celebrate it in Canada - but it's in October instead.

It celebrates Columbus landing in America (and kicking the sh!t out of the native Indians). :boxing: Ok - that's a joke (the Indians part) - but it's just a day when people get together and gives "thanks" for what they have.

It's also the single busiest travel day in the US.

Most folks sit around and watch NFL football and have a big turkey dinner.

It's not a religious day at all.

And yes - they DO celebrate it in Canada - but it's in October instead.

Aha! I see, ta.

Thanksgiving was a originally a native American holiday to thank mother earth for her bounty,

when many tribes would host great feasts after harvest, showcasing the many varities of foods

that are granted to us by the mother.

It was also used as a way to bring families and tribes together.

Turkey was the main meat served, as it was the prominent bird on the north east coast of America.

When the Mayflower Europeans, the Pilgrims, arrived in the Americas, not knowing how to survive here,

were starving, so the natives invited them to their ThanksGiving meals, thus the tradition was passed

along and became a holiday for everyone here, including Canada, where we give thanks for any blessings

that life has bestowed on us, and also, as originally intended, a time for family to reunite, over a feast

of Turkey and all the trimmings.... ^_^