When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polar bear photos

Nanuq

This is a little better picture, this time I took the pics off my phone before I sized them down.  It seemed to keep the image quality a little better.

post-32-0-10566900-1363630839_thumb.jpg

Ha, those were in my front yard!  Don't you know we Arctic dwellers live in igloos and fight polar bears to get to the mail box?! Just ask Asciwhite.  :tu:

Seriously, he's the newest addition at the zoo. My friend works there so I was able to get right up close and personal. Yep. Too darn close. WAY too darn close.

This is as close as I like to get out in the wild.

ypa8ubab.jpg

Ha, those were in my front yard!  Don't you know we Arctic dwellers live in igloos and fight polar bears to get to the mail box?! Just ask Asciwhite.  :tu:

Seriously, he's the newest addition at the zoo. My friend works there so I was able to get right up close and personal. Yep. Too darn close. WAY too darn close.

This is as close as I like to get out in the wild.

Lol, us lower 48ers never know. The closest we get to wildlife down here in Jersey is deer and Canada Geese. That Brown Bear looked like a big boy, I hope that picture was shot with a 20x zoom.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, us lower 48ers never know. The closest we get to wildlife down here in Jersey is deer and Canada Geese. That Brown Bear looked like a big boy, I hope that picture was shot with a 20x zoom.

That's another funny thing... why do people shriek and run when a goose chases them? You see it all the time. Hey look, it's time for t-ball practice!

That brownie was maybe 100 yards away. I wasn't after his food and he didn't want to eat anything I had so we were fine. Mutual understanding.

That's another funny thing... why do people shriek and run when a goose chases them? You see it all the time. Hey look, it's time for t-ball practice!

That brownie was maybe 100 yards away. I wasn't after his food and he didn't want to eat anything I had so we were fine. Mutual understanding.

That is true, people run like the dickens when a goose is chasing them. I guess evolution worked for them. They look bigger and meaner when their wings are out, and making noises.

That is true, people run like the dickens when a goose is chasing them. I guess evolution worked for them. They look bigger and meaner when their wings are out, and making noises.

you mean you're not supposed to run? :lol:

you mean you're not supposed to run? :lol:

Absolutely not. I was taking pictures of geese a few years ago, and I ran as fast as my legs would carry me when they started chasing me.