When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

scammer on RWG

997 s

He is one of the people who try to pass and sell reps or franken's on ebay and other places as Gen's. He needs these pretty badly to keep it all going. He's not the only one either, people come here just to buy a rep or Franken with the intent of reselling elsewhere as the real deal. We should condemn that behaviour just as much as a traditional scammer, which he used to be.

Correct,

The guys selling frankens as gens on Ebay are getting them from somewhere. they aren't sitting at a bench all day, building watches, they're too lazy for that!! I would be very careful who you sell to, especially the really nice frankens that are believable enough to be passed off as gens. i believe that this is one of the reasons a lot of the gen watch guys hate reps so much. It's not always reps per se, it's more the fact that they might be seeing those same reps on ebay. I know that there are a lot of really nice Frankens comiing out of Vietnam. I don't keep up with it much now, but there were a few years back and almost constant supply of really nice vintage Blancpain  Fifty Fathoms for sale on Ebay, they had a gen or very gen like movement and were very nice, but they were not genuine, just being sold as gens.Sounds like this guy is trolling through all the rep sites and some gen sites as well, buying a few, scamming a few, but always on the lookout for and easy mark. Don't let that person be you!!!

Another thing, as nanug stated, if you feel like you have been scammed or a scammer made and attempt, you need to let the mods know immediately, full disclosure, all the details and then post about it here. If someone is scamming or seems like he is setting people up for a scam, the mods can take action before more problems occur. Most of these guys are pretty good. They are going to scam you in such a way that while you might feel protected, in the end they will have your watch and you will have nothing.

wasnt this the same guy who about a year ago purchased a lot of reps and then claimed refund to his CC-company/paypal "his credit card had been missused/stolen" and the sellers lost their money? that tel-aviv / yonatan name rings a bell

Yes, and remarkably enough, he's back again under another name. 

Which I banned this morning.

Precisely.  Exactly right.  I just wish the OP was a little more forthcoming with details ... it took this long to get confirmation about the email address?  The guy could have skimmed off half a dozen nice pieces in that time.

Gentlemen, I appreciate your alerts when a scammer pops up.  But we admin/mod folks need all the details right away, to be effective.  Innuendo and hearsay and "he said / she said" and references to other sites don't help much.

Well done, all.

It took a few days, but I did not want to ban a member if I was wrong..

Been away travelling but when I was back today I posted right away..Sorry

ha, thanks

don't show my wife, she might take away my watch buying privileges!

...or she might take away the baby. :D 

Ok guys this one water under the bridge but be ever vigilant  this guy bought a VIP membership,  spend a few to make a lot.   They/he will be back and ever more cunning, careful with your high end pieces. :pimp:

we always have watchful guys like you Mike, to help keep the waters safe for us all. :notworthy:

Yes, and remarkably enough, he's back again under another name. 

Which I banned this morning.

Like roaches and rats after a nuclear blitz, they always come back...

Its the same piece of dookie wearing different guises. 

Thanks B for helping to keep it safe.

Legend thank you, :notworthy:  more a function of persistance and effort than grey matter. :bangin:  Be careful my friends your candor is something to temper with a good dose of suspicion. :g:    A truth albeit a non palatable one, it is what it is........................... M :pimp:

• 4 years later...

2 hours ago, French1999 said:

Can I speak with you about this scam? I've had a lot of trouble from him and I'm building a case against him. Thank you a lot

He's not been active for. Long while. Maybe contact one of the mods involved at the time. A PM is best.