When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Free Watch Competition! - Design Me A Logo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m more in to minimalistic logos made in Illustrator but i thought i should give Photoshop a try anyway. Here´s a pretty clean logo made mostly for the web. I made a rough web-sketch to give an example of how it could be used.

Logo

post-83-1164739679_thumb.jpg

Web-sketch

post-83-1164739726_thumb.jpg

I´ll be back.

Recap of my drafts i, ii, iii:

All designs can be treated as a logo and/or watermark. All designs are flexible (requested by PT)-- can be altered to accomdate any treatment. All designs attempt to represent the brand of PreciousTime: simple, clean and a flare of sophistication.

As always, feedback welcome and/or FREE Watch :)

Cheers!

156935-13491.jpg

Thus far LeGambleur would get my vote.

I don't think it is 100% there yet and it is not really a logo per say, but he has excersized restraint and offered a complete overhaul of the web site that wrks very well and is sophisticated.

I think you should give him a coupel of free watches and let him design the entire site in this style.

what kind of style/ideas are you looking for on the logo as its quite hard to go at this without some kind of a specification

It looks like the guideline for this competition is without limits -- there is some indication to what PT is looking for.

There are a lot of really creative stuff that people are posting for this competition. However, if the competition is for a traditional logo (defined by advertising industry) -- more than half of these submission would be eliminated. This goes without saying, very nice work to all who has participated.

Just have fun. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jboy is coming out with some killer stuff.. :D

Hey Jboy,... If you will do all that for a free watch... I have a business proposition for you... ;)

Thanks. :)

PM me if you have any questions.

As for everyone else - I will only say I specifically avoided using any specific watch as the basis for a design. I see a lot of designs using Panerai or Rolex as their basis (ie. LeGambleur embossing the name into a Panerai back). I think that's just a BIT too easy a choice - plus for a website/dealer that sells many brands of watches - I didn't think it appropriate.

End of day - PT will decide what HE wants. And PT - if you want a complete overhaul of your website, business cards, etc. I'm for hire. Watches and straps as payment. :)

Good luck everyone in the final stages!

JB

Thanks. :)

PM me if you have any questions.

As for everyone else - I will only say I specifically avoided using any specific watch as the basis for a design. I see a lot of designs using Panerai or Rolex as their basis (ie. LeGambleur embossing the name into a Panerai back). I think that's just a BIT too easy a choice - plus for a website/dealer that sells many brands of watches - I didn't think it appropriate.

End of day - PT will decide what HE wants. And PT - if you want a complete overhaul of your website, business cards, etc. I'm for hire. Watches and straps as payment. :)

Good luck everyone in the final stages!

JB

Just wanted to add that i´m also willing to work on a new graphic profile (business cards, envelopes and so on) if there is a need for that. Don´t want to stiff up the competition with you JBoy but i thought the idea of a complete remake of PT:s look sounded like a fun project. I do this for a living but i don´t have that many clients with whom i share a personal interest in what they do.

Edited by LeGambleur

Just wanted to add that i´m also willing to work on a new graphic profile (business cards, envelopes and so on) if there is a need for that. Don´t want to stiff up the competition with you JBoy...

Oh yeah!? Well - I'm willing to wash his car too. :play_ball: And shovel the snow off his walk in the winter. Beat that. lol

Seriously - I don't care who wins. Just having a few slow days at work and this is fun for me. It would be nice if ALL our clients sold watches and cool stuff - instead of ovens and hiking boots and boring stuff like that. :)

Oh yeah!? Well - I'm willing to wash his car too. :play_ball: And shovel the snow off his walk in the winter. Beat that. lol

Seriously - I don't care who wins. Just having a few slow days at work and this is fun for me. It would be nice if ALL our clients sold watches and cool stuff - instead of ovens and hiking boots and boring stuff like that. :)

Shovel snow... no thanks, thats the limit for me :D

I agree with you, in a perfect world we could choose our clients. At the moment i´m working on a thing for a company that manufactures radiators... i think you can imagine how exciting that is...

Edited by LeGambleur

Wow there are some excellant designs here. I may just take someones offer up on website design. I like the layout of whats on there right now but it can definatley do with some tweaking.

There competition is really a difficult one. I know there are still a few entries left. Some people have been working quite hard towards this.

There are some elements a like from various designers here. If i find it that difficult to make up my mind, there might just be more than 1 winner :)

There are some elements a like from various designers here. If i find it that difficult to make up my mind, there might just be more than 1 winner :)

Hey - even if I don't win - I'd be happy to make a final logo for you based on the elements from the different ones you like. But I'm still working on one last design that will blow all the others away. :)

jeez! They just keep getting better! True.. most aren't logos at all but nice to look at. PT should pick the top 20 designers and we should all start an international logo design biz? A good logo cost about $500+. Big corps pay thousands $$$ for a logo redo.