When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Free Watch Competition! - Design Me A Logo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

i was going to go there, but :) i didn't

nice job

I prefer a logo with some sort of watch element to it.

Banner type is fine, but it will be an excellant idea if there is some sort of content on there which i can then use for other things, e.g. watermarking my pictures.

Open to ideas and suggestions.

I would like to use a black background on my website so it would be good to get something to match. However if the logo is exceptionally good, then im happy to change my background accordingly.

PT

that would have been helpful to know upfront :)

Like JBoy I am also a Graphic Designer with lots of logo experience and it's sad and unfortunate that so many of you are willing to prostitute yourselves for a free watch.. especially since I am also willing. I thought there would be little competition but I see even seminoobs at design are coming up with some really sharp elements. Well done guys.. I'm not even sure if I should try now.

Like JBoy I am also a Graphic Designer with lots of logo experience and it's sad and unfortunate that so many of you are willing to prostitute yourselves for a free watch.. especially since I am also willing. I thought there would be little competition but I see even seminoobs at design are coming up with some really sharp elements. Well done guys.. I'm not even sure if I should try now.

I too was a graphic designer for almost a decade. I'll be trying stuff, but it'll come down to the taste of the client, PT, as opposed to the effort/skill put in. This always makes for an interesting competition as what purist designers see as cluttered or unbalanced is sometimes what the client wants, and in reverse a perfectly executed simple design might not have anywhere near enough flash and pizzaz for the client.

I like this challenge, and I hope I have enough time to finish my entry.

My logo in *.psp format to be used with whatever type of background (compress with WinRar) :

part1 - http://www.webfile.ws/d/14467

part2 - http://www.webfile.ws/d/14468

part3 - http://www.webfile.ws/d/14469

part4 - http://www.webfile.ws/d/14470

an example of use :

156235-13659.jpg

ps..... font is mine....

Edited by MAHLER

I too was a graphic designer for almost a decade. I'll be trying stuff, but it'll come down to the taste of the client, PT, as opposed to the effort/skill put in. This always makes for an interesting competition as what purist designers see as cluttered or unbalanced is sometimes what the client wants, and in reverse a perfectly executed simple design might not have anywhere near enough flash and pizzaz for the client./quote]

Thank You Pugwash, I'd like to use this as reason in case I fail to win the watch. My feeling about corporate identity has always been "less in more". :g:

I'd love to see some of the more minamalistic, actually DESIGNED logos as oppossed to many of the Photoshop secials that have been pouring in.

I think it is great that so many people have given it admirable shots but as another person who works within the advertising and design industry I would appreciate something more sophsiticated and sublte... then again I am not the guy handing out free watches!