When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

David Wong "DW" Big Watchout!

Watchman_11

Gentlemen

Just an heads up,

David Wong "DW" is a lying theif and ripped me off $ 2850 !!!

And, Yes i am very p***ed off!

I hope any of you won't be dealing with this person in the future, he's NOWHERE near to be trusted.

Thanks for your attention and have a great day

Sorry to hear that, but if this just happened and you didn't research here, then you missed all the warning signs. I have been posting this bad experience all over for over three months!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, but if this just happened and you didn't research here, then you missed all the warning signs. I have been posting this bad experience all over for over three months!

yes off course it's at my own risk,

but this is a waring to rest of you guys, i made a mistake.

If you bought a V72 Based Daytona off Him,chances are you where looking at pictures of my V72 mounted in one of his cases. I originally sent him a V72 for my own Daytona build.

Never saw it again, hence my departure from the EU based Distribution venture for his parts and watches. Thanks God I didn't send him the Gen dial!

Hope you have better luck than me

Interesting, I bought a pre Daytona Dial from him a couple of months ago, he shipped it as promised, took forever to get here, but that's not his fault, none of us can control shipping times. A few days ago, I emailed him about a gold plated Daytona 6263, he responded quickly said he had one of each, gold dial ad black dial versions. I emailed him back said I was interested and what was the price. He emailed me back and said the price was 490.00 USD, but he was having problems with PayPal and could I use WU. My warning buzzers went off immediately, with al the problems folks have had with him here in the past, I'm very reluctant to send over 500 USD to him with no recourse should he decide that it was a gift from me to him!! I really want a Gold Plated Daytona, but I don't think I want to take the risk of being scammed.

Not worth the risk A, without the Paypal safety net your screwed if David doesn't deliver. And lets be honest why does he have an issue with Paypal?????

Absolutely correct. I just emailed him and told him that although I would really like the watch, I just wasn't comfortable with using WU. I told him that if he could accept PayPal, I would do the deal today, but otherwise, I wasn't interested.

Really too bad  as the guy obviously has access to some really nice watches and parts, but when you're in business, you got to run it like a business. This rep community, is pretty darn small even though you have thousands of folks on every forum, really the nucleus is small, so when you screw over folks who are active and post regularly, the word is going to get out real fast.

Interesting, I bought a pre Daytona Dial from him a couple of months ago, he shipped it as promised, took forever to get here, but that's not his fault, none of us can control shipping times. A few days ago, I emailed him about a gold plated Daytona 6263, he responded quickly said he had one of each, gold dial ad black dial versions. I emailed him back said I was interested and what was the price. He emailed me back and said the price was 490.00 USD, but he was having problems with PayPal and could I use WU. My warning buzzers went off immediately, with al the problems folks have had with him here in the past, I'm very reluctant to send over 500 USD to him with no recourse should he decide that it was a gift from me to him!! I really want a Gold Plated Daytona, but I don't think I want to take the risk of being scammed.

Very smart move! You could spend your $500 on a hooker BJ and get a better excitement than waiting for your order to show up!.......the only good thing you have a longer erection with DW.......six months to forever!

David Wong "DW" is a lying theif and ripped me off $ 2850 !!!

Odd. That is very unlike DW.

I do not normally get involved in these, but I have to think there is more to this story. Would you PM me with a BRIEF timeline of the date you paid, what you paid for & the dates of your communications to/from DW?

Guest tomas415

So no more 7032 cases then :(

Just when i was about to pull the trigger! I hade the chanse to wrist Red's later Hike's 7032 a few weeks back, that tudor was fantastic!

Edited by tomas415

So no more 7032 cases then :(

Just when i was about to pull the trigger! I hade the chanse to wrist Red's later Hike's 7032 a few weeks back, that tudor was fantastic!

Not sure, but I ordered my 7032 case back in March, took 30 days to get it, but it did come in.

Dave...

Not sure, but I ordered my 7032 case back in March, took 30 days to get it, but it did come in.

Dave...

Dave, that's true, but you were using PayPal, were you not. I really don't like WU even when sending money to guys I trust. If there is a problem, he can ultimately tell you to shove it and walk away, with PayPal, at least you do have some recourse, even more if you are paying with a credit card through PayPal. I know this is far fetched, but there was and incident on a gen forum quite a few years ago, before Paypal. Guy sold a watch to another member, before he could pack it and ship it out, he was either in a bad accident, or had a stroke, can't remember which, but long story short, 6-8 months later, the buyer had never gotten his watch. the guys wife knew nothing about his watches, trades, sales, etc. She wouldn't send it, claimed she didn't have any idea that her husband was selling this watch, which may or may not have been true, but I don't think the buyer ever got his watch! So, after getting burned by WM9 to the tune of 375.00 USD, and hearing all the chatter going on about deals gone bad, I'm reluctant to use WU.

IF DW were to come on this forum and answer the questions about these deals, and square up with everyone, then I believe he would generate a lot of business here.Until that happens, I'll take a chance if I can use PayPal, but that's the only way.

Dave, that's true, but you were using PayPal, were you not. I really don't like WU even when sending money to guys I trust. If there is a problem, he can ultimately tell you to shove it and walk away, with PayPal, at least you do have some recourse, even more if you are paying with a credit card through PayPal. I know this is far fetched, but there was and incident on a gen forum quite a few years ago, before Paypal. Guy sold a watch to another member, before he could pack it and ship it out, he was either in a bad accident, or had a stroke, can't remember which, but long story short, 6-8 months later, the buyer had never gotten his watch. the guys wife knew nothing about his watches, trades, sales, etc. She wouldn't send it, claimed she didn't have any idea that her husband was selling this watch, which may or may not have been true, but I don't think the buyer ever got his watch! So, after getting burned by WM9 to the tune of 375.00 USD, and hearing all the chatter going on about deals gone bad, I'm reluctant to use WU.

IF DW were to come on this forum and answer the questions about these deals, and square up with everyone, then I believe he would generate a lot of business here.Until that happens, I'll take a chance if I can use PayPal, but that's the only way.

He did once last year, but then went back to his old ways. DH then help him out from the UK side, but that, too he manage to screw up! 

Watchman, $2850 - that's crazy, I'd like to hear the whole story though. Hopefully you get this sorted out, and it doesn't take a year.

I, same as panerai153, really want one of DW's gold Daytonas but no way am I going to send him $500 without any recourse.

I have to ask this, may be it's time to re-evaluate David's status here?

I have to admit DW has been very quick to respond to emails, of course he wants to sell a watch! I got an email from him this morning saying he was sorry but he сould not use his PayPal and could only accept WU,

Too bad, because he could sell lots of watches and parts if he would only do right.

Another interesting point, he has nothing in his EBay store USA, but he has several items listed on EBay Australia, and he can accept PayPal there, so why not for off EBay sales?

Guest tomas415

David is setting up a new paypal (in EU) as we speak, i think by tomorrow latest thursday everything will be up and running!

Edited by tomas415

Tomas, I hope you are correct ,as that would be fine, I would probably buy a Daytona from him if I have PayPal to back things up. Funny in neither of his emails did he mention that he was in the process of setting up a new PayPal account. It would seem like he would have said, "if you can hold out for a few days, I believe PayPal will be straightened out ". :g: