When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whoopy's Dial Project - PreOrder List

Aero_Dave

UPDATE #7

Dial test printing has begun! The 1665 drsd was the first design tested on a few scrap dials today.

The ink will be raised in the final product (as per gen), but just a TAD less than the current level shown here. 

The reason I decided to replicate the 1665 in the first place was because I loved the aesthetic of the crown. Almost every aftermarket dial I've seen neglects existing nuances. Below are three pictures of the test print dial, and a gen coronet for comparison  :D

post-43094-0-22215300-1373447572_thumb.j

post-43094-0-01265000-1373448185.jpg

Wow, that 1665 dial looks great, any full shots? Damn, I couldn't decide between a 1680 and a 1665 DRSD for a slim case PP, I hope the 1680 will turn out equally amazing. :)

Any chances for another Singer blanks run, when these are done? Soldering feet might damage the print and I don't think I'll be content with a ETA based mf franken when my dial looks that good.  :notworthy:

• Like 1

If you can make it work, I'd be happy to pay you to make mine fit a gen movement.

I think I'll leave it to a modder, but it actually doesn't look too difficult: http://dialrestore.com/

UPDATE #8

Dials have been printed - I was told about 10% had small defects in the printing, so these will need to be dunked in alcohol (to remove the base layer of matte black paint), repainted, and padprinted - again.

Once all of the reprinted dials pass QC, I will make the 2nd payment and the dials will be shipped to me.

As a side note: While I definitely think the wait will be worth it, it's killing me! All my phong franken build needs is that MK2 dial! :whistling:  

- Whoop

Whoppy,

Do you think you'll make a second run afterall?

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll only be producing this limited run. Because I needed to come close to the minimum order quantity for the dial factory, more dials ARE available. The original pre-order list was created JUST to cover the cost of printing this order. Short answer: If you need a dial, pm me and I'll let you know if the model specified is available.

Hope so...I need a 1680 mk3 :)

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Pm me :)

Yes! I'm sorry to see I missed out on this (been away for a while) but if possible I would like to purchase/order

5. 1680 red mk 3 (26.5mm) $180

6. 1665 drsd mk 2 (26.5mm) $180

Pm me :)

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll only be producing this limited run. Because I needed to come close to the minimum order quantity for the dial factory, more dials ARE available. The original pre-order list was created JUST to cover the cost of printing this order. Short answer: If you need a dial, pm me and I'll let you know if the model specified is available.

PM sent.