When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cape cod experience

Erict719

I have read good review of it. But I have use it for many times.

not even once it get the scratch off. They are normal hair line scratch not deep.....

Yes the polish side got brighter... but all scratch are still there.

any other product to use? without a polishing machine tho.

Please advice guys

• Like 1

Does this help?

Are we suppose to go back and forth for brushed bracelet? I thought we only go one direction.

top to bottom then top to bottom..

correct me if wrong. since I want to know which way is better also.

by the way I want to take scratch off polished surfave

Are we suppose to go back and forth for brushed bracelet? I thought we only go one direction.

top to bottom then top to bottom..

correct me if wrong. since I want to know which way is better also.

by the way I want to take scratch off polished surfave

I have used a dremel tool with jeweler's rouge paste as already mentioned and other pastes depending on how the surface look like. On cousinsuk.com (amongst others and all over ebay) they sell it and also have a description on what past to use were. Depending on how deep scratches and what quality the rep steel is it usually work very good if you have patiens.

Rep Dremel can be bought from around $10 or so.

Check a post I did about my method: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/just-little-cleaning-135497.html?t=135497

In case you can't read the link, here is it again. Its a very easy process and works great. And yes, go in one direction only

taking your time. If the scratches are still there, just repeat the process until they are all gone. The nail file I used has 4

different sides and some you can buy will have a different level of roughness on each side.

OK, so I got my 'gently-used' Omega Ploprof last week. Tonight (while the wife was out) I decide to do a little cleaning.
I use the wife's nail file to get the job done, so it's a good idea to wait until she's not around. OK, so with 30 minutes,
the wife's nail file, my polishing cloth and my camera, here are the results:

The clasp 'before' with a few desk marks:

b1-1.jpg

Now the 'after' shot, after some buffing with the nail file and polishing cloth:

b2-1.jpg

The project table (the kitchen island) another good reason to wait for the wife to be out:

b4.jpg

So, if you have a few desk marks that bother you, grab your wife's nail file and clean'em up.

Dave...

Edited by Aero_Dave
  • Like 2

Thanks for everyone.

but the part I need to polish not brush.

to be exectly , its the side of a wm9 body.

Not a problem. You can start with my method above and then work through the same process with different levels of

sand paper. 800, 1200, 1500, 2000 and finish with 3000 and use water with the sand paper. The higher up you go with the sandpaper

numbers, the less actual metal it removes and creates a very shiny polished finish.

Dave...

I find cape cod to be very good. Does require some elbow grease to polish up. I wipe down with a wet paper towel afterwards then use a regular dry polish cloth. I've been very happy with my cape cod cloths I do keep them in a sealed container as I have been told they become ineffective if they dry out.