When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just How Good Is The Ultimate 45.5mm Po ?

Jos Nana

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So even the owner of the genuine could make a casual identification mistake.......interesting

Or he was testing us :)

Then again... maybe some lucky guy will order and get the gen in a box instead of rep :blink:

Other than date font and wheel seems to be recessed on rep I can't really spot the other differences you guys see (besides AR, but really shows how much diff AR can make)... that's one hot lookin watch!

Wonder if I can squeeze in a 5th job somehow.... :g::black_eye:

Edited by Devedander

I find it incredible that the Omega logo is off center and looks totally different than the real one. Those hooks really bug me.

Also, what happened to the AR over the last 2 years? My first Panerais were always almost too blue. That's how this should look. I don'y get how if Joshua and Andrew commissioned this piece and they know what we want, where is the AR?

That being said, I've been waiting for this watch since it came out and I'll buy one.

oooh - also looks like they've changed the crown to be an internal screw down like the gen!

Yes, but on the outside it's worse than before. :(

That's the detail which is spoiling it for me.

I find it incredible that the Omega logo is off center and looks totally different than the real one. Those hooks really bug me.

I looked at all the so far published pics and it seems like it's sometimes more sometimes less crooked.

Guess you have to be lucky to draw a good one?

I have the 45mm version from Ruby, it has been a disappointment so far. The pearl fell off, I had the bezel replaced and the pearl fell off AGAIN. However my biggest complaint has been the locking mechanism on both the diver's extension and the clasp itself. Both click, but do not stay on under any kind of stress at all - and I'm talking about bending my wrist, not banging it on a wall or anything. I love the look of the watch, and the ETA movement works perfectly, but the darned thing won't stay on.

Anyone buy this yet and can attest to both the pearl staying on and more importantly, how well does the watch clasp and diver's extension stay shut?

Anyone buy this yet and can attest to both the pearl staying on and more importantly, how well does the watch clasp and diver's extension stay shut?

As far as the clasp and diver's extension goes on the PO model right before this one, I have to say it was perfect. In fact, I found the clasp to feel a little better than my gen seamaster clasp. I hope the bracelet stays the exact same on this new model.

I think this version should be very different from Ruby's if what Josh and Trusty say is true that they special ordered it...

Sucks about your other one... can you glue the pearl back on or make one? Maybe you can get Ruby to send you a new bracelet or something?

I actually sent the watch back to Ruby and she had the bezel replaced. Unfortuantely the pearl fell off the second time - and of course I didn't notice when it happened so I don't have the pearl. Ruby is sending me a new bezel now, I will replace it myself assuming I figure out how to do it. I have tools, but am a definite novice. I'm chalking this up as a learning experience and am not mad at Ruby really at all. I think I just got a lemon :(

As for the clasp, I think it is possible to tighten it by bending the metal that holds the divers extension. I also think I can bend the pins that hold the main clasp as well. I am wary as to how to do this, as I don't want to damage it further. Any advice from the pros as to the best way to tighten both? Thanks all.

I think I have read some stuff about the clasp on Seamaster/Planet oceans but usually that they are too tight... either way I woud check the repair forum and if you find nothing, ask there... better chance proabably to get a solution...

My SM has the opposite problem in that the clasp is too hard to close...

I actually sent the watch back to Ruby and she had the bezel replaced. Unfortuantely the pearl fell off the second time - and of course I didn't notice when it happened so I don't have the pearl. Ruby is sending me a new bezel now, I will replace it myself assuming I figure out how to do it. I have tools, but am a definite novice. I'm chalking this up as a learning experience and am not mad at Ruby really at all. I think I just got a lemon :(

As for the clasp, I think it is possible to tighten it by bending the metal that holds the divers extension. I also think I can bend the pins that hold the main clasp as well. I am wary as to how to do this, as I don't want to damage it further. Any advice from the pros as to the best way to tighten both? Thanks all.

I just ordered this watch from Joshua. And, I'm sure that if this happens he'd replace it. However, I found from experiments and experiences from a fellow rep afficionado that if you ever mess with a bezel (re-glue any part of it), you must use a glue that is designed to work in moist environments. I have used a certain glue of this type made by Loctite. It takes much longer to set than your usual "superglue" (about one day), but once it sets, you should not have an issue with anything falling off by itself. Other glues will loose effectiveness when exposed to moisture over time (washing hands or showering with watch). Also, the bezel pearl may have been larger in diameter than the hole it sat on and, thus, had less surface area to seat and attach itself when glued there. Can you just have Ruby send you a spare bezel and see what happens? Maybe you could pay for it via PayPal and thus won't have to send your watch away, wait for it to arrive at Ruby's and so on (?).

Edited by Nouns Defions

I cannot stress the importance of getting the AR right on this watch. My brother has one and you can spot it as a gen from a mile off, if you're that way inclined. Putting the gen and rep together in real life, and not in a photo, and you'll spot the deep, deep AR of the gen. It's a blue-black light-sucker.

I cannot stress the importance of getting the AR right on this watch. My brother has one and you can spot it as a gen from a mile off, if you're that way inclined. Putting the gen and rep together in real life, and not in a photo, and you'll spot the deep, deep AR of the gen. It's a blue-black light-sucker.

I know the AR is a real issue and give away,,,,but I'm trying not to think about it since everything else is so close. If I get called out on it, I'll just say I paid extra to have it removed, :whistling:

I know the AR is a real issue and give away,,,,but I'm trying not to think about it since everything else is so close. If I get called out on it, I'll just say I paid extra to have it removed, :whistling:

If i got called out i wouldjust say thats why i Paid $238 and not $2000 :bleh:

Guys check this out:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...75140&rid=0

A living example of someone owning the rep and removing the AR (Or is he bluffing ? Looks like gen to me).

Though I am still wondering how one can just "take off the AR on the front" :g: As a newbie I thought the AR

is a thin layer on the crystal, so how do you actually "take it off" ?

Exactly! :3a:

Who was it the other day said it about if a Panisteria called him out, "Why would i pay $5000 for a $400 watch" such a true comment, ok so you dont get the gaurentee and box but they are not realy worth the gen price are they. With the Omega you get the co-axial works that you cant get in a rep or from any other retailer but my wifes one keeps worse time than my 2836 railmaster!!