When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rumor on Noob factory closure..again.

Legend

I was having a chat with Connie from King Watch last night, regarding an ROO sec@12 which I am thinking of buying, and she mentioned that the Noob factory will "soon be closed". For those of you in this game for a while, this is not the first time that this has been brought up. I was wondering if any of you guys heard the same, and for the Noob factory fans, it would mean a loss of a great rep maker should the rumor be true.

At this point, I am taking the news with a pinch of salt, as with all things in the rep industry. Just sharing what was communicated to me.

Last time I spoke to Andrew he said the same, heard this before though like you say mate, large pinch of salt until proved otherwise  ;)  Your right Mike it would be a loss for us but they would be silly to just shut down for good, you would certainly think they are making a large return  :inverted:

If you want to know anything about N factory, best speak to Puretime or Toro.

N factory is busy working on a few new reps. No sign of closing down sale! :nono:

This so called 'noob factory'...is it supposed to be in China, Taiwan, Thailand or where? I remember a few years ago there was the opinion that many of the best cases and dials came out of Taiwan or Thailand and regular 'cartel' stuff came out of HK/mainland China.

One classic was the original F520117 16610 'noobmariner' that was supposed to come from Taiwan or Thailand...the famous MBW/MBK watches come from MBK Center, Bk Thailand.

I bought some sapphire crystal no date subs from the infamous 'WLD' 10+ years ago and they arrived from Taiwan iirc and the cases were nearly identical to some of the spring wire bezel 16610 'noobmariners' except the nd models have lug holes.

Otoh some of the highest grade cases and dials now available (TC) supposedly come out of China.

My guess is as long as it makes $$, the 'noob factory' will be in business no matter where it is.

Q...What is the difference between a replica watch case machine in China and one in Taiwan?

A...The one in China has wheels on it.

Nahh they aint going nowhere. I think Andrew mentioned it a month ago, but I think its BS. Angus said it was BS too.

Besides that, if they already know they're shutting down, why spend so much time and money on research for upcoming watches? E.g. sub v2 and a black bay.