When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One of my daily Gens i like

PilotI

This watch might not be so expensive or prestigious as the swiss top brands, nevertheless this is a watch i really enjoy wearing and wanted to share this.

It's a seiko solar chronograph and can be had for about 300 euros.  First of all, it charges by any type of sunlight and according to seiko the battery never needs replacing. For such a cheap watch they have actually put in a proper saphire crystal. The crystal clarity is very good, even tough it doesn't have an AR it's extremely clear and it makes the sunburst dial stand out. The crystal is slightly convex and protrudes about 1 mm The whole assembly is very well built and the watch runs very accurate (what you'd expect for a quartz)

Functions include minute hour and small seconds hand. It has a chrono, date an you set an alarm as well. It also has an inner rotating bezel with compass readings. The case is 42mm but the flat polished bezel makes it look bigger. It's a lot bigger than my 3717 for instance.

It doesn't rival with the PAM but it does have a presence on the wrist, especially with the saddle leather strap:

Enjoy

orqj.jpg

That's a nice one! My dad got also a gen Seiko, he wears that watch for like 15 years almost every day. He got some other watches but still he put the Seiko on the wrist. It's a really daily genuine watch that give you value for money! :notworthy:

Love Seikos. Had a Seiko Orange Monster as a daily-wear for several years and it was by far and away my favourite watch. So tough and reliable.

I'm really liking your Solar Chrono. Has all the benefits of the monster in a smarter package. Good choice my friend :-)