When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out this Fleabay beauty ...

polexpete

1100 USD and still time to go!! It is just amazing to me how people will bid on something without doing a seconds worth of research. I really have stopped feeling sorry for bidders who run crap like this up. It's their own fault if they get suckered.

For you guys, it's seconds worth of research to find out this isn't legit.

But what about people that don't know jack about watches and think this is a great piece to gift to a fear one? Where exactly are they going to look to tell them this watch is a no no? It's not like it's easy to read all the pertinent info on forums like this one straight from a Google search. You have to register and know what you're looking for.

I'd think it's foolish to risk a significant amount of money on something you don't understand, unless the seller is rock solid.

You fix that that by learning to understand it, or finding a rock solid seller.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

That's why we're here, to help educate people.

Heck, By-Tor, I was really wanting that one to give to my wife for an anniversary present! :fool:

Nanug, what you related was spot on. If you don't know about something and you don't have access to someone who does, it's best to stay away until you either 1)get knowledgeable, or 2) find someone you can trust who is. If you buy from a rock solid seller with a good return policy, then you can maybe go out on a limb a little bit, but buying a watch that looks dodgy to start with from a seller in Viet Nam, that's asking to be scammed. I had a friend years ago, who made a ton of money when they made several Tuscaloosa oil wells on his family property. this guys royalty interests were around 200K per month. Well he decided that he was going to invest his money. He had business cards printed up with his name and below "Investor", What a fool, within 3 years, he was broke, and a bunch of "Fellow investors" had cleaned him out. So the moral of the story is, if you don't know what you're doing, it's best to not do it.