When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus Returns With A Big Bang!

PureTime

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok sorry v

that my mistake

but the one i see for sale at luxuary bazaar (maybe its a catalog photo)

have the rg hands

sorry again

eric

Don't worry... you have to search deep to find the 'production version' in such small limited edition models

And that's the good thing with Angus and his close relationship with the maker..

We can stop small details otherwise impossible to improve...

If Angus keeps in this rate he will be a very happy man and make us more happy :victory::thumbsupsmileyanim:

The last thing you guys have to worry about is the accuracy of this BB. Being a BB fan since the product line launch I have closely followed the happenings around this brand and they are very inconsistent in production (which is actually quite upsetting if you are a true collector of gens and put high emphasis on the authenticity etc. and thats why the BB will not become a big classic....yet still i fell in love with it :wub: ) , meaning they have all kinds of different limited editions. That is, they try to make, disproportionately many limited eds as compared to other watch brands and give them away at/for all kinds of events as part of their agressive marketing strategy.

So dont worry too much about the color of the date wheel, there is black and white, dont worry too much about engravings, if you order a gen, Hublot will leave out certain engravings on the back if you wish etc.

Same with the hands, its true the F1 edition had steel hands, but you could get it with gold hands as well if you know the right ppl.

Concerning the cf dial, from real pictures (not computer pics as above) the dial looks very similar to the rep. We would have to see them side by side to perfectly judge though...

Hublots business is very personal and they are quite flexible to respect personal preferences.

That being said,

Thanks Angus for doing an awesome job ! Enjoy your watches guys (and girls :victory: )

The last thing you guys have to worry about is the accuracy of this BB. Being a BB fan since the product line launch I have closely followed the happenings around this brand and they are very inconsistent in production (which is actually quite upsetting if you are a true collector of gens and put high emphasis on the authenticity etc. and thats why the BB will not become a big classic....yet still i fell in love with it :wub: ) , meaning they have all kinds of different limited editions. That is, they try to make, disproportionately many limited eds as compared to other watch brands and give them away at/for all kinds of events as part of their agressive marketing strategy.

So dont worry too much about the color of the date wheel, there is black and white, dont worry too much about engravings, if you order a gen, Hublot will leave out certain engravings on the back if you wish etc.

Same with the hands, its true the F1 edition had steel hands, but you could get it with gold hands as well if you know the right ppl.

Concerning the cf dial, from real pictures (not computer pics as above) the dial looks very similar to the rep. We would have to see them side by side to perfectly judge though...

Hublots business is very personal and they are quite flexible to respect personal preferences.

That being said,

Thanks Angus for doing an awesome job ! Enjoy your watches guys (and girls :victory: )

Yeap.. what he said... ^^^^^^^^

Plus I have seen the watch in flesh and the cf dial looks extremely similar to Angus pictures.

I have no idea if tha hands should be gold or silver but I can assure you that gold hands CAN photograph as silver quite easily. It is true that it is more common to see silver come out gold looking (this is because poor white balance can cause a tungsten light color cast which is a warm goldish yellow color. In other words if you are white balanced for day light or strobes and an ambient tungtesn light is prsent it can cause that warm cast.) However is it quite possible to overexpose a light gold hand and have it look silver.

Not that this does or does not directly apply to the shots above but it is something to keep in mind.

Omni: I thnk you make a good point that age DOES matter with watches. Being 60 you can "get away' with a lot more than say a 25 year old could. Not only would a 15K gold watch just look stupid on most 25 year olds but it more often then not would not be realistic. On a 60 year old gold somehow (to me) seems more fitting.

On another point, I can't be bothered telling every Tom, [censored] & Harry that my watch is a rep unless they inquire more about the watch. I am not one who likes telling much about my watches (reps and gens) unless they show genuine interest in knowing more.
Very true, but I'm at an age where I'm secure in myself and earned the right to really not give a rat's ass or fear what other people think when I tell them I'm wearing a rep.

V: Good research, although I also had my doubts about the hands being silver, the quote you dug up from j.c.biver confirms it.

uziuzi: Good comments on Hublot. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Dear All,

Sorry to get back to you late, just met the watch maker and discussed about the rep-HBB future, told him what J.C.Biver said and I am sure he will bring us the silver-handed RG version! Any members have already ordered the steel version can change their orders in 2 days.

We see the prototype is quite accurate to the genuine and I want to tell you guys that the final products will be even better!

Issues are going to be improved include:

1. Genuine crystal should be about 0.5mm above the bezel (even this minor thing we will improve )

2. Engraving between lugs (I think this will make all of you happy, especially for those who have already paid :-p)

3. Caseback will be brushed.

4. Some minor improvement to make the watch more perfect.

One more thing, there will be another HBB version will come out at the same time, just updated the pics in the pre-order post, for those who have paid and now want to change for this white dial, please do it in 2 days.

Wish you all will enjoy the pics.

Cheers,

Angus

167341-10776.jpg

167341-10777.jpg

167341-10778.jpg

167341-10779.jpg

167341-10780.jpg

167341-10781.jpg

167341-10782.jpg

167341-10783.jpg

Still going to stick with my order for the SS version. :) I don't like the LE with white dial, and I doubt they made the caseback to the genuine on that one. I am convinced about the dial now, but I just don't like the idea of plated gold and how it will eventually wear.

Waiting patiently for the All-Black or the Ceramic bezel version. :D

The caseback of the white dial is wrong, I think I will skip this one.

And for the Black Magic HBB, one question for you all:

According to a professional, the genuine one has the case made of brushed and polished black ceramic as well as the bezel, the watch maker said the ceramic case will be damn difficult and expensive to make. If you do PVD on brushed and polished steel, we will have the same looking of the watch (the bezel will be ceramic of course) but different material (in much cheaper price), please let me know.

Nice... but looks damn big tho that watch... what size wrists do you have?

I think cos of the lugs or endlinks (or whatever you call that) that extend from the case... it looks a lot bigger

Loom what i had on today.........

167575-10726.jpg

167575-10727.jpg

BTW did you know the back glass has AR coating as well? (what a useless feature to have!)

167575-10728.jpg

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing your wrist size too- although it looks pretty close to mine regardless, and the BB is significantly bigger than the Pam in the picture.

I can wear Pams, I recently discovered, but this one might be pushing it. The 44mm pams are close to what I think I can get away with. I've been planning on getting the ultimate PO and the BB, but I'm a little concerned about the Big Bang, particularly.

According to a professional, the genuine one has the case made of brushed and polished black ceramic as well as the bezel, the watch maker said the ceramic case will be damn difficult and expensive to make. If you do PVD on brushed and polished steel, we will have the same looking of the watch (the bezel will be ceramic of course) but different material (in much cheaper price), please let me know.

I'm in as long as the PVD is genuine and not black paint. But I really would like it to be made in ceramic, I will pay the price for it because of the material.

To the above:

My wrists are even smaller, this truly is not a watch for small wrists, but try an Offshore and the BB will look smaller to you. I get overhang on my wrist with a 44mm Panerai, and especially the BB and Offshore. This is a huge watch, wears like a 47mm PAM. But, nothing has ever stopped me. ;)

My wrist size circumfrence is just 6.3 inches.

I'm in for the rose gold version, I'm to impatient to wait it out for the black magic. Also I don't know about the PVD substituting for ceramic, I have watches in both and the ceramic just seems to be a richer, deeper black than the PVD. IMHO I think it would be a dead giveaway.

MK08

Guest RiverwindMDS

Man, make it 1:1 in ceramic, I'll buy only that. The copy have to be perfect. I can pay the money for the ceramic.

Well.. I have tried the Hublot and it sits VERY NICE on my 7'2'' wrist.

Although my ceramic version will be my favourite one this time I consider buying the FOrmula LE version.. And here is why:

I never had any connection with gold watches.. But this Hublot Big Bang combines the steel and the rose gold VERY WELL and I think it must be the ONLY watch I could wear with gold in it (remember I am 29 and very casual/athletic type)

PLUS I think the plated gold ONLY in the bezel will be perfect (although i like as well the full gold version i wouldn't buy it because of this issue)

Decisions.. decisions...

It bugs me that his is going to be a borderline case...as far as the size of the watch with my smallish wrists.

In terms of the use of the RG in the watch- I still hesitate to go with anything two toned, but if I was open to it, this would be the type of watch I'd want to experiment with. I like the way the gold is implemented in it, as well. I prefer the TT dial.

I'm very excited about this one, but I might not pick it up for another month. Let the glow of the new watches, both this and the Ultimate PO, calm down for a bit, then I'll check them out.

I don't know what AR treatment, if any, the BB comes with- but I'm going to send all my watches in for the treatment together, once the collection is complete (yeah, right). I've stopped getting irritated with them, individually, and am now just planning on sending in like 6 or 7 crystals whenever an aftermarket solution is figured out.