When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BK YM Woes

jdwango

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any experience with watch repair at all? This is something that, with the correct tools, you could do yourself in less than 30 minutes...

- Unscrew a link, or remove the fine adjustment spring bar from the clasp so the bracelet becomes two halves

- Unscrew case back (various tools available for doing this, personally, I use rubber gloves and thumb pressure)

- Unscrew crown and pull to the hand-setting position

- With appropriate tool (small screwdriver etc) carefully depress the stem release and carefully withdraw stem from movement.

- Unscrew any case clamps/remove plastic movement retainer

- Place closed hand over the open case back, then flip upside down to view dial. Slowly lift case and bracelet off of movement.

- Place empty case crystal up on clean work surface so as not to get dust inside the crystal

- Cafefully reposition the marker and press it back into place with a fingernail (while wearing glove/finger cots)

Taking special care to re-insert the stem carefully, so as not to foul the keyless works, reverse the steps, and job done :good::drinks:

Yea Tee like I wouldn't "F" that up!

I had to do it to my birthday 1665 OOTB... :bangin: Of course, if someone hasn't been 'under the hood' before, definitely best left to a pro, but, with the right tools and know how, it is a very straight forward and quick fix :good::drinks:

I'm not so sure BK will "fix you up". The last piece I got from him had a Swiss ETA 2836-2 with a Chinese GMT complication that slips. (Second time this has happened from him). I was pretty much told that I was on my own. The first time this happened, he replaced the movement with an ETA 2893-2, at my expense. Took months!