When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

17 Pages :blink:

Just wondering how long it will take for everyone to reach a concensus here, might be a good idea to pool all the top picks and make a poll and then take the top three and poll them again, at least then you will have an idea if we will get the numbers to do this build.

Ken

Yes, that's what I pointed out several times: Let's come to the point: Start a poll on those three favourite watches and start the production of our very own rep :thumbsupsmileyanim: And please: Vote for the Seahawk Titanium with working power reserve. Otherwise I will suggest further watch models.... :lol:

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the problem with Ti???

there are so few decent reps in Ti... do we really need another hunk of stainless steel that weighs a ton?

why I'd vote in favor of Ti...

1) stealthy looking

2) hypoallergenic

3) light

4) strong

5) subtle & unusual

6) tremendous corrosion resistance (that matters when you swim in chlorine, or spill crap on the watch)

Edited by Watchwatcher

what is the problem with Ti???

there are so few decent reps in Ti... do we really need another hunk of stainless steel that weighs a ton?

why I'd vote in favor of Ti...

1) stealthy looking

2) hypoallergenic

3) light

4) strong

5) subtle & unusual

6) tremendous corrosion resistance (that matters when you swim in chlorine, or spill crap on the watch)

Am I to understand that the rep would actually be made with Ti? I thought that stuff was exorbitantly expensive

Am I to understand that the rep would actually be made with Ti? I thought that stuff was exorbitantly expensive

One of the most abundant mineral on mother earth is Titanium. As many people know, it is even used for dental implant for over 20 yrs now. It is just that Ti oxidized easily and difficult to weld or manipulate. As far as I understand. So, it Ti watch is expensive, it may have something to do with producing watch out of it.

Just my 2cc.

There's one on the 'Bay right now... Grab it! Rare as hen's teeth.

What?? No offense, why would u rep this watch? Its a private lable watch. The case is made by SUG, has a stock movement, and SEVERAL companies use not only this case, but the hands as well.

If you want this watch, lets just have a group buy of cases from SUG.

This watch SHOULD NOT be repped.

Here are my 3 suggestions, all of which I have not seen mentioned:

1)Chopard Milla Miglia Chrono GMT. Its 42.5mm, and uses a ETA/Valjoux 7750 with GMT hand. Rep versions of movement available.

post-3363-1165104350_thumb.jpgpost-3363-1165104434_thumb.jpg

2) Breguet Type XX. Uses a Lemania based movement, but nor eason why an ETA/Valjoux 7750/3 can not be used instead.

post-3363-1165105182_thumb.jpgpost-3363-1165105206_thumb.jpg

3)New Chopard GMT. Uses an inhouse LUC movement, no reason why an ETA or Asian movement can not be used.

post-3363-1165105383_thumb.jpg

A the high risk of sounding boooooooooring, if an super accurate 16610 were produced, it would sell like hot cakes.

There are some decent 16610s now but they are far from being 1:1. It would be fantastic to see the old TW deep case with accurate parts completing the package. The bezel should take OEM inserts, OEM tubes should fit, correctly positioned cyclops (for a change) with correct date mag plus CGs and dial that approach perfection. The rep should use the trip lock crown system as those generic parts are already available. A second model could easily be added for the vintage junkies :thumbsupsmileyanim: with the addition of the correct 2mm side case holes and transitional T-dial......that would be killer.

Added: The case material should have a higher nickel content than the standard 316L. The gen case is whiter and brighter than the current rep cases. Ditto for the Sea-Dweller which would also be a great choice.

It seems very strange to me that the most accurate 16610 rep produced (exclusive of the dial) is long extinct. <_<

My 2 cents:

Richard Mille 005. It has an skeleton dial, but perhaps a plate can be added to the eta movment and the rotor modified. RM chronogrphas are nicer, but more difficult to replicate. Genuines run +$10K

post-1943-1165112692_thumb.jpg

The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony is also nice, big dress watch that can be easily replicated. This is a "modern" dress watch with a 40mm lareg case and huge curved dial and sapphire glass. I have tried it on and is gorgeous.

post-1943-1165112713_thumb.jpg

Anyway, maybe my suggestions are not going to like to most of the people, since most of the pepole in the forum is going for sub diver watches that I'm sure were going to be replicated anyway by other factories.

Somebody showed a nice Lange, which others commented was "another boring dress watch". Well, replica dress watches are now boring beacuse very few high grade replica dress watches have been made so far.

Jorge

Other than the FF on an X-71 This Pro One On a bracelet is really nice!

160426-12362.jpg

Hmm that Chopard is Beautiful !

Okay.. about the post the poll... But before I do..

I need to Recap;

1. We were told by Jay to give suggestions for a First Time Replicate,..

which means, No updates or Improvement on past or current releases..

2. Since Jay has to purchase a Gen to Model the Replica from, Rare and many

Vintage pieces are out of reach.

As of now we only have three watches that have received more than a few claps...

however if I have missed anything... I will update,...

Thanks.... :D

Hmm that Chopard is Beautiful !

Okay.. about the post the poll... But before I do..

I need to Recap;

1. We were told by Jay to give suggestions for a First Time Replicate,..

which means, No updates or Improvement on past or current releases..

2. Since Jay has to purchase a Gen to Model the Replica from, Rare and many

Vintage pieces are out of reach.

As of now we only have three watches that have received more than a few claps...

however if I have missed anything... I will update,...

Thanks.... :D

Yes it is! and the bracelet is awesome also. It also comes with a rubber strap, I know alot here like rubber straps.

Here are my 3 suggestions, all of which I have not seen mentioned:

1)Chopard Milla Miglia Chrono GMT. Its 42.5mm, and uses a ETA/Valjoux 7750 with GMT hand. Rep versions of movement available.

post-3363-1165104350_thumb.jpgpost-3363-1165104434_thumb.jpg

2) Breguet Type XX. Uses a Lemania based movement, but nor eason why an ETA/Valjoux 7750/3 can not be used instead.

post-3363-1165105182_thumb.jpgpost-3363-1165105206_thumb.jpg

3)New Chopard GMT. Uses an inhouse LUC movement, no reason why an ETA or Asian movement can not be used.

post-3363-1165105383_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... You've got very good taste... Like both the Chopard GMTs... Sweet... :wub: