When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

Please put a Rolex in the poll, but doesn't Jay the builder gonna have a strong saying in this matter since he'll be the one stuck w/ the gen :g:

If you can find one that has not been done, is popular, and falls within the 5k price range..

then why not ?

But you have to do the research...

As far as Jay's input, . of course he's the final word, however he is allowing us to use

our expertise as to what will be a big seller, we are the best market research...

Very smart of him... ^_^

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen some great watches disscussed in this thread,however I think that if you want something smart, sophisticated, ? easy to do and abit away from the norm then choose this. Giuliano Mazzuoli.link

These are truely beautiful and stylist watches.

ps If not then a Graham.

I have seen some great watches disscussed in this thread,however I think that if you want something smart, sophisticated, ? easy to do and abit away from the norm then choose this. Giuliano Mazzuoli.link

What is that .. a pressure gage ? :whistling:

Seriously though.. we are concentrating on well known names...or am I the only one

who's never heard of this company ? :g:

or how about 1:1 7753 movment replicated!!!!!! PLEASE not the hacked 7750 version!!!!

if we are gonna make a request... lets request the 7753 movement properly repped!!! if they can rep 7750 they can rep 7753 and if they rep 7753 all makers would buy this and install it in all watches with 3,6,9 and so many collector would be soo HAPPY don't youwant a proper date on your 7753 powered reps?? like the 187 you have and the navi you have and the daylights???

I must agree 110% here :)

no vintage rollies please.

yes to a modern 1:1 rollie. anyone. sub gmt sd ... use the 2892 movement that is thinner so that rehault and all else IS 1:1 and all gen parts interchange.

ORIS any ORIS

NO IWC. we have them all and they all looks similar enough.

more PAMS any FERxxx PAM 1:1 would do.

1:1 monaco would do with or without chronos

1:1 graham :-)

i like the GP but the bezel looks like a yachty.. yuk, but i would buy it. :-)

or how about 1:1 7753 movment replicated!!!!!! PLEASE not the hacked 7750 version!!!!

if we are gonna make a request... lets request the 7753 movement properly repped!!! if they can rep 7750 they can rep 7753 and if they rep 7753 all makers would buy this and install it in all watches with 3,6,9 and so many collector would be soo HAPPY don't youwant a proper date on your 7753 powered reps?? like the 187 you have and the navi you have and the daylights???

Some great ideas.. however this time around Jay requested a new watch.. not a remake or improvement

on any existing model...

As for the 7753 repped,.. we all wish... however again.. this is for repping a watch with certain movements that were already outlined... not a movement replication project......

at least this time around..

THIS

IS THE GP SEAHAWK PRO, AND THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE MADE

I can tell that you want this watch.. however We need to strive for the largest possible interest..

.. 44 x 20mm is Too wide & thick...it's like a tank... there are many, many people who will never

buy it.. or could even pull it off.. -_-

hey STOPP

why a titanium model?

i prefer polished steel :bleh:

i think seahawk is the right choice

jay could build it in titan and steel... it is the same case and movement... also different dials should no problem... and some strap in lether, rubber and bracelets...

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't mind the SeaHawk, but let's keep it within normal size contraints..

How many people that love the Seahawk won't buy it if it's 42mm verses 44 ?

Compare that to all the people who can't wear it if it's 44mm...

Let's be practical this time around.. or there won't be a next time... :whistling:

well, not my cup of tea but I think is not easy to replicate: real power reserve over a ETA movement, non-standard date font plus HE valve (still not perfect in all the seadweller reps)...

c'mon guys, go for the aquatimer...

Power resever should be no problem, They all havea bad date wheel font may be the would get it right on this one, and if Jay is gona build one from the Gen then why would the HE valve not work, and as for thw Aquatimer it is being done from what i read here!

well, not my cup of tea but I think is not easy to replicate: real power reserve over a ETA movement, non-standard date font plus HE valve (still not perfect in all the seadweller reps)...

c'mon guys, go for the aquatimer...

date font is no problem... it is only a different position of date window... no more

HE valve is not important... on rep it is only cosmetic... our pams and rolex are also not 300m waterresitant... and who will diving with his Seahawk rep???

power reserve should be a problem.... but nothing is impossible... maybe you can used the modul from asia power reserve movement... build it on a eta 2824-2???

17 Pages :blink:

Just wondering how long it will take for everyone to reach a concensus here, might be a good idea to pool all the top picks and make a poll and then take the top three and poll them again, at least then you will have an idea if we will get the numbers to do this build.

Ken