When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

OK..... 8 pages and it keeps going??Q!!!

I had a LOT to drink tonight, with my giood froiend Quarks... He even saved my life (sotrt of) :LOIL

Anyway, I just gottsa say that I'm completely with Neil in regards to your choices...

What TF is with you guys choosing these inexpensive watches like Fortis, Omega, Oris eta al ad nauseum when we actrually have a choice of some great watches that would normally cost a bundle.... I just don't get it.

Choose a great simple watch (please no frihgggin Rolex for Fcks sake) and lets get on wityh it.

Anyone whoi wantsd an Omega, please go to the AD and buyn one... Geeeez get a fckn clue

And then, nominate m e vfor pst od the month, cuz i just proof read this and its dreadful LOL

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What TF is with you guys choosing these inexpensive watches like Fortis, Omega, Oris eta al ad nauseum when we actrually have a choice of some great watches that would normally cost a bundle.... I just don't get it.

... because the cheaper it is, the more likely it is Jay can afford the Gen. :D

I had a LOT to drink tonight, with my giood froiend Quarks... He even saved my life (sotrt of) :LOIL

Anyway, I just gottsa say that I'm completely with Neil in regards to your choices...

Choose a great simple watch (please no frihgggin Rolex for Fcks sake) and lets get on wityh it.

Anyone whoi wantsd an Omega, please go to the AD and buyn one... Geeeez get a fckn clue

And then, nominate m e vfor pst od the month, cuz i just proof read this and its dreadful LOL

Wow ....that is a lot to drink!!!! :1a:

Hope you feel OK tomorrow!

Let me preface this with a small disclaimer: Pugwash is almost single-handedly RESPONSIBLE for the hopeless IWC addict I'm becoming (ok, EL bears a bit of blame also).... I got an Ingy in the group buy and fell in love with it.... I then asked Pugs, via pm, a question about the movement in the GST Ti and he sent me DIRTY DIRTY watch pron... I then purchased the GST Ti from Joshua... My name is OiRogers and I'm an IWC addict.

I heartly support Pugs nomination of the IWC Aquatimer and Aquatimer 2000 as the watch of choice. I would end up buying one each of steel and Ti of both models... then I would do it again if the Chrono version was also made... I need help.

I am with you on this, and the seahawk is not to far from reach come on hands up for the seahawk :tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu::tu:

vintage SM300 has already been rep'd - it's called the Precista PRS-14 and it's actually waterproof and very functional... I have one :)

Yer but it says presista and not OMEGA, rolexex have been reped as well and they are called Invicta and Sandoz

To add to what Pug said, anything that is getting into the several to tens of k's price band (unless it is another boring old Panerai) is going to take us outwith the movement choices that we were limited to, assuming we are going to maintain authenticity.

The chances of us getting the double whammy of a complication module replicated out of this venture, while a pleasing thought, are slim....

Let me preface this with a small disclaimer: Pugwash is almost single-handedly RESPONSIBLE for the hopeless IWC addict I'm becoming (ok, EL bears a bit of blame also).... I got an Ingy in the group buy and fell in love with it.... I then asked Pugs, via pm, a question about the movement in the GST Ti and he sent me DIRTY DIRTY watch pron... I then purchased the GST Ti from Joshua... My name is OiRogers and I'm an IWC addict.

I heartly support Pugs nomination of the IWC Aquatimer and Aquatimer 2000 as the watch of choice. I would end up buying one each of steel and Ti of both models... then I would do it again if the Chrono version was also made... I need help.

I initially wanted the rolex GMT, but the IWC's would definetly be my second choice. They are hot watches

I Just received reply from Jay that he's okay to build a 7750 based model as well....

It has to be a case that will hold an Asian and Swiss....and must be affordable for him

to purchase and build.

He also request that it be a watch that has never been repped.

So we can submit two, chrono and non-chrono, ... ^_^

post-1281-1164995814_thumb.jpg

How about this? Classy, sopisticated and complicated.

Beautiful and.........

Will never happen. It's funny how so many responders reacted to this like.."Oh My God...we get to build the watch of our dreams...Custom?????" I want a A Lange and Sohne retrograde large date, engraved balance [censored] kryptonite powered........

But, since I mentioned the brand...

159509-12646.jpg

Classy, sophisticated and uncomplicated.

Ach....build what you like..Rolex's...IWC's.....we've had IWCs coming out our ears this year.....would have been nice to see a Monty Python........I'm gonna go get the genuine.....and no.....i won't let you utilise it as the blank.....!

post-1281-1164995814_thumb.jpg

How about this? Classy, sopisticated and complicated.

I haven't been here long enough to really feel like i have a say in this discussion, but if I do have a say, this would be my vote. what a gorgeous watch.

Folks, by adding a 7750 we will never find a final candidate... :bangin:

TTK suggested two models in post #15: chronoswiss. These models have never been replicated. Very unique.

On the other hand TTK voted for GP Seahawk which is truly a monster watch (but please a rep with working power reserve!).

Jay's offer is a great chance to get a rep which has never been released before. So why should we go with usual brands?

Please note Angus' current thread HERE

It means that we don't need to get a further IWC chrono built by Jay!

Let's go for an unusual rep like GP or Chronoswiss!

Jay's offer is a great chance to get a rep which has never been released before. So why should we go with usual brands?

The reasoning behind going for regular brands is the appeal. The more people likely to be interested, the better for Jay.

Having said that, something like the 50 fathoms or the Sea Hawk would appeal to me.