When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe that if Jay [...] does not limit our options to something more specific we are ...... pissing against the wind. :( [...] Any way .... even though I like many of the watches shown here and I will propably buy them if they ever make them (I doubt that most of them can be made) ...... here are my options:

Jay (Silix-Prime, for those who don't know him) did put some sort of limit and RT mentioned it in tyhe very first post. Guess what, none of your watches fit the criteria. This makes me think even if he did post more precise details, no-one would read them. :blink:

Jay (Silix-Prime, for those who don't know him) did put some sort of limit and RT mentioned it in tyhe very first post. Guess what, none of your watches fit the criteria. This makes me think even if he did post more precise details, no-one would read them. :blink:

So Jay is Silix. Thanks :)

Then no paypal ??? (if I am not wrong he stopped taking pay pal .... but since I never baught from him cannot really tell).

Regarding the watches that I proposed.

I have red the instructions from RT and I believe others did too.

Though since I am not a movement expert its very likely that some of the watches that I proposed cannot be made .... which also the case with many of the watches proposed here (....still I believe that the Bulgari GMT and the ORIS pointer date can be made with these movements - even Asian 21J can do this).

Any way ... I will wait for the final list and I will vote then.

How about this gen? Very handsome looking watch. Chrono version:

159215-12723.jpg

159215-12724.jpg

Without chronos:

159215-12725.jpg

159215-12726.jpg

The Tiffany's Mark T-57. Existant Eta movement:

159215-12727.jpg

159215-12728.jpg

And here are some of the neat gadgets we've seen elsewhere as well (this demo shows the model with the optional vulcanized rubber):

159215-12729.jpg

159215-12730.jpg

159215-12731.jpg

159215-12732.jpg

159215-12733.jpg

And if you wish too stay away from chronos, I think the regular version of this piece still makes an extremely fine looking watch; a nice combination of sporty & elegant at the same time--equally matches a Billabong wetsuit as it would an Saville Row suit.

Being that the gen is only around $2,000 I think it's a perfect middle ground to start a rep from--not using a gen that's too cheap or from a company that's not well branded & easily recognized, and it's not using a gen that's too expensive or from a brand that's too high-end for a lot of people to pull off.

In principle I agree with TTK: That chronoswiss is nice and different to other styles we have seen. I guess it is worth to copy that watch. But please with a 6497 mvt. and modified with a center second hand as genuine 44mm model! An additional left hand model (available as genuine!) would be nice, too! The icing on the cake would be that rough and extra long pilot’s strap!

Seahawk would be nice but only with working power reserve. Maybe it will need an ETA 2892-2 which will not be that cheap but worth.

Another favourite watch is a correct vintage GMT Master 1675 with correct printed dial, correct bezel and case size, acrylic crystal, milled cg, big lugholes* It would be a monster if engined by an ETA 2893-2! Eventually I would go without a perfect super avenger rep then :whistling:

Ok, I'm going to state my case slightly more strongly than before.

159346-12691.jpg159346-12692.jpg

Why should we choose this watch over all the others?

The IWC Aquatimer is a simple, yet elegant design. It can use a 2824 or 2836 movement making it a cheap, reliable option. The case is unique with an inner bezel that's controlled by a crown on the outside which gives it an unusual edge that isn't too difficult to reproduce with a gen version and CNC-based system. With a simple change of material (SS to Ti) and dial, it becomes the Aquatimer 2000, a more striking yellow-hinted design. Additionally, the bracelet is already available on the IWC GST models, meaning we know it can be reproduced without worry. With the choice of rubber or steel, this watch can go from wet suit to Armani suit with a simple strap change.

With one not-too expensive initial purchase, two different watches can be generated on the CNC, either of which would be a welcome addition to many people's collection.

My flag is firmly planted in support of this extraordinarily clinical yet beautiful design.

[With a simple change of material (SS to Ti) and dial, it becomes the Aquatimer 2000, a more striking yellow-hinted design.

@ pugwash

It seems you are an IWC fan? :D

But you are right: Why not to kill two birds with one stone: Especially a better 2000 with Ti case would be nice!

How about this gen? Very handsome looking watch. Chrono version:

159376-12676.jpg

159376-12677.jpg

Without chronos:

159376-12678.jpg

159376-12679.jpg

The Tiffany's Mark T-57. Existant Eta movement:

159376-12680.jpg

159376-12681.jpg

And here are some of the neat gadgets we've seen elsewhere as well (this demo shows the model with the optional vulcanized rubber):

159376-12682.jpg

159376-12683.jpg

159376-12684.jpg

159376-12685.jpg

159376-12686.jpg

And if you wish too stay away from chronos, I think the regular version of this piece still makes an extremely fine looking watch; a nice combination of sporty & elegant at the same time--equally matches a Billabong wetsuit as it would an Saville Row suit.

Being that the gen is only around $2,000 I think it's a perfect middle ground to start a rep from--not using a gen that's too cheap or from a company that's not well branded & easily recognized, and it's not using a gen that's too expensive or from a brand that's too high-end for a lot of people to pull off.

Sorry, LOL

I'm drunk, buit I have not lost5 my taste